It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the sandwich above you!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've never saw the greatness of peanut butter and jelly myself. Maybe it's because I'm not American, maybe it's because I've never actually tried it. Either way, I can't understand how jelly can be put into a sandwich. Unless jelly means jam over there?

---------------------
Peanut butter
Sliced chicken
-------------------

I'm eating one right now!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I've never saw the greatness of peanut butter and jelly myself. Maybe it's because I'm not American, maybe it's because I've never actually tried it. Either way, I can't understand how jelly can be put into a sandwich. Unless jelly means jam over there?

---------------------
Peanut butter
Sliced chicken
-------------------

Peanut butter and chicken? You're startin' to scare me now Zanz my friend.
No, state side jelly is jelly, and jam is jam. I like a real good Strawberry, or Peach Jam.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So you put jelly in a sarn? Wouldn't it go all soggy and floppy?

Also, you truly havn't lived until you've had peanut butter and chicken!

-------------------------------
The bread with the chewy bits in it.
Garlic butter spread.
A nice slab of ham, smoked is best!
------------------------------

My grans concoction!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

-------------------------------
The bread with the chewy bits in it.
Garlic butter spread.
A nice slab of ham, smoked is best!
------------------------------

My grans concoction!

7, I have one from WW2 England, Grans creation as well. While not technically a sandwich it's damn tasty. It doesn't sound good but if you taste it, you'll be hooked.

Fry bacon, cut up. Simmer with crushed tomatoes, cheese and spice to choice. When it's done add a little milk and serve over toast.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Doesn't sound good? Are you mad? That sounds delicious!

-----------------
Plain white bread
Dairylea cheese spread
-----------------

Easy to make and damn tasty too!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'll give that one a 9.5 for it's Zen-like simplicity. Bread and cheese - can't miss.

Here's one that's so good, dont even try it. Not good for you.

Spread creamy peanut butter on 2 slices of white bread. Break up a Hershey bar and place the pieces in the peanut butter, but not too close to the edge. Butter the outside of the bread and brown in a skillet until the chocolate melts. Serve with salty chips.

Call the heart surgeon.

Cug

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hummm a grilled Reese's cup sandwich I'd have to pass on that. But I'll give it a 6 just for the sugar rush.

Take some Pumpernickel bread, top with hard salami sliced thin and some aged Swiss cheese slices. Honey mustard mayo to taste.

Honey mustard mayo - Mix one cup Mayo with one cup Dijon Mustard. Then add 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey and mix that in. Pour into a squeeze bottle.

[edit on 11/4/2006 by Cug]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
6/10 because I'm not a huge fan of pumpernickel bread... but I do like salami...

Bacon.. Scrambled Eggs... and American Cheese on a nice long lightly toasted hero roll... Simple and An AWESOME breakfast sandwich.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That sounds heart-stoppingly good!

10/10 easily.

---------------------
Fried bread
A fried egg
Bacon
Friend tomato
HP sauce
A hash brown
----------------------

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
9.5/10
^^^ I think you forget the courtesy call to your cardiologist prior to eating that "sandwich"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's another personal favorite ... A Slim Jim

- shaved dried ham
- aged swiss
- 2 slices of plain ole' white bread
- butter

1. butter both sides of bread slices.
  2. place one slice into pre-heated frying pan.
  3. layer ham - cheese - ham - cheese - ham
  4. top with second slice of bread
  5. press firmly with a spatula to make your Jim Slim.
  6. flip when browned, and again press firmly to make your Jim Slim.

Cut diagonally and serve with chips and dill spears.

As with the prior sandwich recipe, a courtesy call to your cardiologist may be in order. :!

[edit on 11/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

Cug

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
9/10 that really sounds good. But I have recently become a convert to using olive oil insted of butter on grilled sandwiches. (not that there is anything wrong with butter!)

Muffuletta - one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten.

The sandwich consists of the round loaf of crusty Italian bread, split and filled with layers of sliced Provolone cheese, Genoa salami and Cappicola ham, topped with Olive Salad: a chopped mixture of green, unstuffed olives, pimientos, celery, garlic, cocktail onions, capers, oregano, parsley, olive oil, red-wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

www.colorpro.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
10/10

Hey Cug, I am with you. I know it sounds silly coming from someone who is surrounded in this city by muffalettas, since we are the home of them, but my goodness, they are just too awesome.

We have a lady that makes the olive salad for us, and we turn it into a muffaletta pizza! OMG, it is soooooooooo good.

For my sandwich, well, I'm just seconding Cug's. That is my vote.

[edit on 11/4/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Subway sandwiches are great if you want fast-food sandwiches. Their new garlic toasted Italian herb and cheese bread is really good with the Italian BMT with all the fixings!!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
... when on the road, there are few that compare ...

In and out in less than 10 minutes, toasted or not, packed with my favorite veges, chips and a water. All for less than $6 Max.
SubWay.

Although ... if at home ...

A whole wheat with leftover Thanksgiving Turkey, Swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, salt and pepper is hard to beat.

I am Sooo looking forward to the coming holiday season. Can you tell ?

Cug

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
10/10 Leftover turkey yummmm. Also good as a turkey, dressing, and cranberry sandwich.

We need more posters! I have thousands of favorite sandwiches.

OK how about one that pretty much only exists in Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa.

The Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. It's kinda like a Chicken Fried Steak but made with pork tenderloins.

And that mug of rootbeer looks pretty darn good as well!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This thread must live!!!

Pork tenderloin gets a 10 for sure. And if you ever make it to central Indiana, the absolute best I've ever had is in Sheridan at The Red Onion. One is big enough for two people to share and they come on custom made buns the size of a dinner plate. When I worked on the north side of Indy, we'd make a lunch pilgrimmage to Sheridan every other month or so for the ultimate tenderloin.

I'm taking a new direction for the next one. My dad (God rest his soul) had some unusual appetites. I can remember him fixing a sandwich on Saturday afternoons that I never had the courage to try. Rate this job-

Sardines on hearty rye with sliced onion, spicy brown mustard, and limburger cheese spread.

He used to say, "If you can get it past your nose, you've got it licked."

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
1 for the sandwich and 10 for anyone who could eat it.

How 'bout a good old fashioned greasy patty melt on rye?

Peace

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

---------------------
Peanut butter
Sliced chicken
-------------------

Peanut butter and chicken? You're startin' to scare me now Zanz my friend.
No, state side jelly is jelly, and jam is jam. I like a real good Strawberry, or Peach Jam.

Lombozo our jelly is the same as your jello. US jelly is pretty much the same as UK jam (from what I understand) Zanzibar. Maybe US jam is like UK Conserve? I'm confused about that though.

The Sardine thing sounds interesting, apart from the cheese. I'll give it a 6.5.

Mine is toasted white baguette/sub, caramelised red onions, dijon mustard, plenty of thinly sliced roast beef, roasted red peppers and jalapeno peppers. With a glass of coke + plenty of ice. (Not drugs lol)

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think that would kill someone! Especially onions and peppers! 6/10 for cool factor, 0/10 for survivability!

-------------------
Melted chocolate
Flaked off lemon skin
------------------

I made one as a wee kid for a school project!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Mmmmmm patty melt. Used to be my favorite after a night at the bars. When I was young and dumb(er). 10.

Chocolate and lemon zest. Sounds promising. I'll give it a 6.

My next one is a favorite for after Thanksgiving. You know those little scraps of turkey not worthy of a sandwich? Throw 'em in a pan with your favorite barbecue sauce and simmer it on low for awhile. Turkey barbecue on a bun with sweet relish. Good way to use up the dark meat if no one else wants it. Trust me, they'll eat up the dark meat this way.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by yeahright]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join