It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Heel Jack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
hey umm i have a question does any one know what kind of magician trick people say spring heel jacked used to spit blue and white fire like how exactly was it done a link or something would help and does any one have a logical explanation on how exactly he ounced so high i really wuld like to know these things >>>> I plan on being a copycat lol

please respond
latinking2021

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As she handed it to the man, he grabbed her neck and pinned her head under his arm, then began to rip up her dress and body. Screaming, she freed herself and ran only to be caught again; holding her by the hair, the wildman clawed at her face and neck. One of Jane's sisters, hearing the struggle, ran into the street and called for help; but before anyone could stop him, Spring-Heeled Jack leapt away into the shadows.
Jane Alsop later described her attacker as wearing a helmet and a tight-fitting white costume, "like an oilskin," under a black cloak. His face was hideous, with eyes like balls of fire; he had claws on his fingers, and vomited blue and white flames.
LINK

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
what about the flame effect???

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Evidence suggests that it may have been more than one person hoaxing this. His "attributes" change from time to time, and as time went on they got more and more outlandish.

In the first case, a man saw an odd looking thin person leap over a churchyard fence. Any track athlete of today can tell you that while most folks can't manage that sort of jump, there are plenty of people around (track and field athletes) who can easily jump over a fence.

Then people said "oooh! I saw that! And he jumped even HIGHER!!!" Soon they were saying that he was jumping over buildings.

The second appearance was an attempted rape by someone who leaped (off a building ledge or from another height. No magic involved here and no supernatural powers.

The third time he hopped in front of a carriage (causing an accident). Some (but not all) witnesses said he fled, hopping over a 9 foot wall.

After that, he seems to go in for scaring people by hopping at them and trying to rape women.

This is not a tactic that I suggest you emulate, particularly in the 21st century. It's likely to get you shot or stabbed in some areas. Attempted rape of multiple women makes you very unpopular and usually ends in jail sentences.

Wikipedia has a good review on him:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The flame effect could be anything from outright imagination (suggested by other stories or a hallucination as she was faiting) to some simple tricks (spitting phosphorus.) While the latter might work, it's also highly poisonous.

However, they didn't know that back then.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by latinking2021
>>>> I plan on being a copycat lol

Hi latinking2021!

Just curious, why would you like to emulate a raping, clawing fire spitting weird person from ages ago? Although I admit he sounds different I personally wouldn't like to aspire to that, there are many other people to aspire to

Take care and peace friend,
- Naz

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
no i dont mean copying the women thing i just meant the whole part about scaring people jumping mad high and spitting fire i tink it would be fun to go down the stree with a mask and spit fire it would be the talk of the town it wuld be awesome

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ok mate phew!

Yes that would be awesome
. I wonder if there is a scientific explanation to it. Like Byrd said there were a lot of things that could be explained or exagerated to an extent it seemed implausible.

All I can think of is to get some spring-laden shoes and practice your fire-breathing hehehe.

Take care and peace,

- Naz

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
im sure hes human because one night he knockd on someones door and told them to come outside and when she did he spit fire in her eyes and attempted to rape her and was chased off by her family soim pretty sure he was human and not an entiity so please anyone have advice (other then poison) on how to spit fire

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Spitting fire? Sure. Look for your local juggling club and tell them you're interested.

-= Disclaimer =-

Don't do this.

I am a total stranger on the Internet, you know nothing about me, I might be making this up. Even if it works, you might mess it up and kill yourself, or worse: You might sear your lungs horribly and painfully and spend the rest of your life in absolute pain and misery. You might get flame in your eyes and have your eyeballs turn to goo, and be blind (and in pain and misery). Any of a thousand things might go wrong.

Don't do this.

-= End disclaimer =-

1) Get a small amount of water in your mouth. Purse your lips together, and in a single, short, fast burst, spray the water out of your mouth so it forms a 'cloud' in front of you. Practice this a few times, and get a sense for how much water you need to do it. You want the burst to be quick and done, not sustained.

2) When you practice, add in a short, fast, head motion of 'up and back.' It does not have to be a big motion. The point here is to keep your eyes and body moving away from where the flame is going to end up. Clean your face in between each burst. If you have large droplets of water in your face when you're done, thats not good. Ideally, you want to end with just a hint of moisture on your lips.

...once you feel comfortable with the above...

3) Replace the water with lamp oil. DO NOT USE RUBBING ALCOHOL.

4) Do your spray over an open flame. Two foot long torches are good. Lighters are easier to come by, but not so good.

Things to keep in mind:

1) DO NOT INHALE. FLAME IN LUNGS = BAD.
2) DO NOT INHALE. LAMP OIL IN LUNGS = BAD.
3) DO NOT INHALE THROUGH YOUR NOSE. FLAME/OIL IN NASAL PASSAGE = BAD.
4) Ideal distance of flame from mouth should be about 3-6 inches, but depensd heavily on the size of your flame. You may have to experiment to find what works best for you. If your hand is too far away, you'll tend to spray fluid on your hand. Too close...well, seems scary.

And finally: Please don't just do this on my say so. Like I said to begin with, there are juggling clubs that will be thrilled to teach you. While you're at it you can learn fire swallowing too. (Which ironically, is much safer.)

Bucket Man

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh. Here you go, somebody has already written a much better FAQ:

www.juggling.org...

Bucket Man

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
but spring heels fire was blue and white they say it wasnt even fire it was flashes caused by a chemical combinations i wonder what chemicals were needed for this effect

top topics

join