posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:23 PM
Spitting fire? Sure. Look for your local juggling club and tell them you're interested.
-= Disclaimer =-
Don't do this.
I am a total stranger on the Internet, you know nothing about me, I might be making this up. Even if it works, you might mess it up and kill yourself,
or worse: You might sear your lungs horribly and painfully and spend the rest of your life in absolute pain and misery. You might get flame in your
eyes and have your eyeballs turn to goo, and be blind (and in pain and misery). Any of a thousand things might go wrong.
Don't do this.
-= End disclaimer =-
1) Get a small amount of water in your mouth. Purse your lips together, and in a single, short, fast burst, spray the water out of your mouth so it
forms a 'cloud' in front of you. Practice this a few times, and get a sense for how much water you need to do it. You want the burst to be quick and
done, not sustained.
2) When you practice, add in a short, fast, head motion of 'up and back.' It does not have to be a big motion. The point here is to keep your eyes
and body moving away from where the flame is going to end up. Clean your face in between each burst. If you have large droplets of water in your face
when you're done, thats not good. Ideally, you want to end with just a hint of moisture on your lips.
...once you feel comfortable with the above...
3) Replace the water with lamp oil. DO NOT USE RUBBING ALCOHOL.
4) Do your spray over an open flame. Two foot long torches are good. Lighters are easier to come by, but not so good.
Things to keep in mind:
1) DO NOT INHALE. FLAME IN LUNGS = BAD.
2) DO NOT INHALE. LAMP OIL IN LUNGS = BAD.
3) DO NOT INHALE THROUGH YOUR NOSE. FLAME/OIL IN NASAL PASSAGE = BAD.
4) Ideal distance of flame from mouth should be about 3-6 inches, but depensd heavily on the size of your flame. You may have to experiment to find
what works best for you. If your hand is too far away, you'll tend to spray fluid on your hand. Too close...well, seems scary.
And finally: Please don't just do this on my say so. Like I said to begin with, there are juggling clubs that will be thrilled to teach you. While
you're at it you can learn fire swallowing too. (Which ironically, is much safer.)