It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What To Get Her

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well its me and my girlfrinds 1/2 year aniversary wich is accually along time in the school I go to,and i've given her a gift about every month that we've been together,
But here is my delima,I have no idea what to give her,the last couple of times I've given her a flower,a pendant for her necklace,and thats about it ,I know that this day means alot to her since she has been reminding me for a while but I have no way of telling what she wants,so im wondering if you guys can tell me what youve given your girlfriends in the past,
And most importantly what the women here on this site think is the most romantic gift that a guy has given you.

Thank you in advanced,

TRw

[edit on 27-10-2006 by The_Result_was]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, I suppose it all depnds on how much cash you have to
spend on the gift.

Perhaps get her a bracelet of some sort with the date of your
anniversary, or the first date enscribed on it.
Or perhaps some earings.

It really depends to on what kind of girl she is, as different
women/girls like different things.

Considering that I choose to be single & celibate, I've chosen
not to court anyone, so I've never had to get anyone like
that a gift.

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
For me it has never been about the money or the flashy things. I am a person that enjoys the small things that take more effort. For example on of my boyfriends made a picture book with photo's of us from special times and he even had the movie ticket from out first date. Not saying you have to do it. I am also a hopeless romantic so that kinda stuff gets to me easy. It all depends on how your girl reacts to gifts. If she REALLY likes the physical stuff then go for it...if shes more into the mental things..(the thought that counts kinda deal) then do that too. I usually have a lot of good idea's and if you need any just let me know what kinda girl she is...goood luck

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a tattoo of her name across your chest right over the heart.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I personally am a sucker for things that seem thought out. I don't need flashy things like jewelry. I am more touched when out of the blue my husband buys flowers or writes me a loving note from the heart.

I also have to wonder why she keeps reminding you of this date? Seems like she's just out to get gifts? Maybe getting her gifts every month wasn't such a good idea? I have to wonder how she would respond if you didn't give her a gift? I hope that doesn't sound insensitive. It was just something that bothered me. Nobody should EXPECT a gift.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
give her a playstation portable

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
or circumstance of your first date...give her a sentiment from that first date. Could be a trip to the same movie theatre or restaurant, could be a card with a leaf from the park you walked through...let her know you remember that day. Doesn't have to be material...more sentiment.

Tell her what it was that really impressed you about her on that day even...something simple

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A small necklace that reflects either the color of her eyes, or her birthstone.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a love letter in a bottle,

you could write her a poem or a a love letter,

take her on a lil walk and go *ohh look there's bottle with something in it*!!!

you could buy a Lil friendship ring or something to bind the letter inside,

just a Lil idea

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
How about cooking her a nice dinner(salad, main course and dessert) and treating her to a nice warm bath followed by a back massage and foot rub. Believe me, I have received gifts worth thousands(cars, jewelry, Louis Vuitton purses, clothes, etc) and I would rather have something free and simple that really expresses the way a man feels about me. Just an idea. I know students are sometimes strapped for cash. Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well i have about 4 days left and im still kind of guessing and one of her friends told me that she isn't expecting a gift she is just happy what we've been a couple for about 1/2 a year.
I just dont know what to get her i love her so much i don't know weather to give her sentimental or material,
but since she isn't a material girl so as of rite now heres my plan,
Since we first met out side of the courtyard and i think im going with Justgeneric's idea and getting the flower from the same type of flower as the same one i gave her when it was our first date.

Than you all

TRw

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have given gifts to girls before and even advice to friends. It's not that hard, give her something that she doesn't have and it has to do with something she really likes. There was this one girl long, long time ago who liked anime (I never really liked anime.) I gave her an anime doll (I forgot what it was.) She liked it alot. Then I gaver her a necklace that you cannot buy from stores and was from a different country. It was a very detailed and well crafted one (if I'm correct, it was handcrafted.) It was an necklace with her favorite character from Final Fantasy 7 engraved on a heart. I heard from her friend two weeks later that she hasn't taken it off yet. That got her real good because it was something she loved. But then we had to go to different schools and we broke up. Now doesn't that suck? It only lasted one year too.

So just give her something about something she really likes. I wouldn't try necklaces, perhaps it's getting old.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thank you all very much,

Heres how the evening went
We arrived at my house for dinner (suprisingly I cooked)
thenwe watched a movie (Chick Flick), then when we wre about ready to go i gave her a flower from my garden the same color of her shirt,
the only word in the entire english launguage that can
describe the look on her face,Awesomness (idk if thats even a word)

Thank you all again

TRw

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Get circumcised if you arent!

new topics

top topics

join