It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK intoduces compulsory biometric ID cards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Home Secretary David Blunkett has announced moves to introduce compulsory identity cards.
The cards could contain "biometric" data, such as details of someone's fingerprints or an image of their eye.

www.sky.com...

Damm it! I for one will try to avoid this like the plague, although i would probably be branded a terrorist and mabye evn thrown in jail without trial.
And to make it worse WE HAVE TO PAY FOR OUR OWN CARDS!
�40 bloody pound! They must be taking the piss!
I refuse to get one! Let them try to force me!
People of the UK we must fight this!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i am with you. do you want to meet up and we can all go live as gypsies in the woods...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I got a terrible feeling this will turn out like this.

No card = no bank account, no job, no access to money etc etc. We would probably need to show it all the time, to prove who we are.

Also if you got stopped by police and didnt have your card, they could lock you up until you prove who you are! Isnt that a police state???!!!!!!

IN nazi germany didnt you have to have ID papers on you at all times, looks like we are heading that way!

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Kalistenics]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nope. The government said thay are not compulsory to carry. You will have up to 5 days to visit a police station to show it, just like the current system with a drivers license.

It will only inconvenience the innocent. Bloody gypo immigrants and terrorists will just melt away into the populous.

This will have no effect.

Stupid government, all they have to do is block up the eurotunnel and check all the lorries that come off the boats. Grr.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
this is terrible....

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
david blunkett said "all UK citizens would require some form of ID card within 10 years."

Sounds pretty compulsory to me.

So Zzub you would happily go along with this then?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i would have it if it didnt have finger rpint and retinal signatures on it. because that is practically the same as a driving licence information.. and i have one allready but fingerprints and retinal scans.. thats going to far.. anybody even trys to make me have this i am going to break some #ers neck.. and bite there face off...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
if i saw david blunket walking down the street now i would stab him in the head ...and burn his bollocks off...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Me too! I wouldnt mind just a normal card, but biometric ones are just too damm far. Too much info on them for my liking!
Well looks like im either gonna be fined into oblivion or locked up, cause i am not having one!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
what happening to our country??? i don't want one, but it look likes we have to get one

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics

Yeah, I have nothing to hide. I carry several forms of ID all the time anyway, I wouldn't be worried about one more.

Now, the tracking of which products individuals buy at the supermarket, that upsets me. This doesn't.

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

Originally posted by Kalistenics

Yeah, I have nothing to hide. I carry several forms of ID all the time anyway, I wouldn't be worried about one more.

Now, the tracking of which products individuals buy at the supermarket, that upsets me. This doesn't.

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Zzub]

OK, but imagine this. You can only buy things at the supermarket if you had this card. That coupled with RIFD tags would mean exactly what you fear.

I have nothing to hide either, but i also value my civil rights, and this is taking somne of my rights away, i wont stand for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i am pissed off, not as much as i will be when this takes shape...i cant bloody wait

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
great, another way of keeping tabs on us. why dont they just shove trackers up all of our asses.
Any one got any ideas how i can legally move to another country

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Heres a link to what the "average" person thinks about this idea.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Looks like the goverment may have a fight on thier hands!
Hopefully information has spread to the masses and we can stop this before its too late!

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Kalistenics]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As soon as you get one of these cards, you will be put on a database were police and government agencies can access you data.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm sure the majority of the populace will accept this infringement of civil liberities with open arms. Because they:

"Have nothing to hide"

But when things go sour and they must revolt, they will be screwed, but they can't because they'd already be trapped in a cage set by their own hasty maljudgement. This is what happens when you put government and the security it offers, above your own personal freedoms.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The move follows reports of bitter clashes within the Cabinet and fierce oppostion from civil rights campaigners.

But the Home Office said in a consultation excercise 61% of people backed the scheme and 38% opposed it.

Well, if there's some opposition from within the government, then I'm sure there'll be some roadblocks before it comes into power. I mean, just look at the Do Not Call registry. Days before it was about to be activated, it was halted. Or course, we better hope that we have a MAJOR road block here.

Mr Blunkett told the Commons the scheme would help tackle terrorism, identity fraud and illegal immigration.

I don't see an obvious reason on how it can battle terrorism. Maybe the idea of a police state will scare terrorists out of the country?

Actually, a card like this may redice the risk of identity fraud, but it won't reduce the risks of it. With a card that literally carries the worth of ones identity, getting your card stolen will mean big trouble. He even says it so himself!

"No one has anything to fear from being correctly identified, but everything to fear from their identity being stolen or misused," he told MPs.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The most sophisticated form of surveillance on people will be used to control their activities.
Those wishing to buy or to sell anything will have to present official permission to do so
(According to Rev. 13:17, "no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.") Radio, TV programs, and the press will strive to shape the most favorable image of the world Leader in order to strengthen his political power and admiration among people.

For this reason the Savior warned His disciples: "Take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth" (Lk. 21:34-36).

www.orthodoxphotos.com...

helen...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Zzub,

how long do you think the 5 day rule will last?

wait until some crimes are committed and people skip the country cause they got 5 days until they can be positively identified.

In Canada now they are telling us that identity theft is a major problem (which it is btw), due to lax enforcement of existing immigration laws and screening procedures.

We have now become a major international crime centre because it is so easy to land here' and setup shop.

Thanks Globalists, thanks for destroying my country!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join