It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State? Maybe not

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
When the Clinton administration was trying to ban guns and socialize Americas health care system where were you anti police state guys ?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
RWPBR, I was in the same place I am now. Speaking out. It seems that you follow the 'party line' concept. You're trying to confuse one party being better than another. Sorry, they're all crudballs. (Like others, I make up words too, such as crudballs.
so sue me.)

The truth is, it doesn't matter which candidate you vote for, you get the same result. All we have now is a beauty contest to see who will live on Pennsylvania Ave.

You seem to be trying to shift blame to another party. That is not a factual representation of modern life in the US. There is no two party system, there is a two faced system, an elephant and a jackass, representing the two faces of the same serpent.

Police state? Only if we let it happen.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
When the Clinton administration was trying to ban guns and socialize Americas health care system where were you anti police state guys ?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by RWPBR]

personally, i was speaking out, writing letters to members of congress and getting all my "gun toting whackjob" buddies to do the same.

some people have "trigger issues" with politicians by which they will vote for them or not, gun control is mine and when i was a resident of south dakota i voted against daschle becuase his staffers that called us to poll the electorate told me flat out he'd vote to renew the ban. vote gone.

i could ahve cared less he was the minority leader and that for a small state like SD to have that clout was huge. he wanted to limit my gun rights to pfft gone.

however. i think rock may have missed some of the points i was trying to make.

my point in this post was that i dont feel the govt will envoke a "police state" in the sense of say, north korea or china because i think that the economy will fail totally as all us money motivated worker bees will suddenly not care. if we're not making the money we are now, we wont be buying all these big luxery items that seem to drive our economy, the economy that the govt taxes the hell out of will fail as we wont be spending as much or working as hard to produce waht we do and they'll lose out on their taxes there as well.

just my opinion on that.

however i do feel we need to be vigilant because there DOES seem to be a renewed push to limit our rights as much as they can, our 2nd amendment rights to be specific.

and without the 2nd amendment i still feel the bill of rights is nothing but toilet paper.

just my .02

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Police state? Only if we let it happen.

a truer statement has naught been uttered in some time

an old thread i know but with all the renewed talk of the impending "martial law" ive yet to get a realistic answer to any of the questions i pose, in particular those dealing with the economy and how the PTB will intend to keep the money rolling in if we're all "slaves"

anyone care to venture a guess at least? how is turning us all into slaves with no rights going to further their cause?

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Damocles]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

Good thread!

I just had to chime in, about the 'evolution' of police authority.
In the late 70's, as I started to (legally) drive, and subsequently get
pulled over for road-shenannigans, the cops were known, familiar guys
from the neighborhood, with personalities. And no more equipped than
us. But friendly and caring.

Now they're armored robots with machine guns & tasers & 12 ga. bean
bags, ready to use force at the twitch of an eye! Especially on types like
me, who are known to question au6th6or6ity quite aggressively!

The police state has crept in all around lately, in my opinion!

So I am very encouraged by people here at Above Top Secret, who seem
to question au6th6or6ity; especially those who "know how to do things to
make tanks and armored personnel carriers less effective!"

Rock on, Damacles!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join