It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli F-16's Fire At German Naval Vessels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Recent flyovers of Lebanon prompted the French UNIFIL to send a warning to IAF that overflights would not be acceptable, the Israelis have yet to comply and have told the French they will continue. Now today IAF pilots using American supplied F-16's are using them to shoot at another ally the German Navy also part of the UNIFIL forces.

Berlin: IAF jets fire shots over German ship off coast of Lebanon

By Reuters

Two Israel Air Force warplanes and a German navy vessel have clashed
off the Lebanese coast, the Defense Ministry in Berlin said
on Wednesday without giving further details.

The Germany daily Der Tagesspiegel earlier on Wednesday quoted a junior German defense minister as telling a parliamentary committee that two
Israeli F-16 fighters flew low over the German ship and fired two shots.

The jets also activated infra-red countermeasures to ward off any rocket attack, the paper quoted him as saying, in an advance release from Thursday's edition.

An Israel Defense Forces spokeswoman said she was checking the report.

Germany assumed command of a United Nations naval force off Lebanon 10 days ago, and has sent eight ships and 1,000 service personnel to join the international peace operation in the region.

The naval force is charged with preventing weapons smuggling and helping maintain a ceasefire between Israel and the Lebanese Islamic militant group Hezbollah.

Source

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yep just read about this on the german yahoo services

Lets hope that the French shoot back
dont think that us Germans would, imagine the news headlines if that happened.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The Israelis are in dire need of a reality check.

Frankly the next time they pull a stunt like this, I hope they lose a couple of F-16's.

Both the French and the Germans are an entirely different caliber of opponent than the Israeli's have ever faced in the past.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Yep just read about this on the german yahoo services

Lets hope that the French shoot back
dont think that us Germans would, imagine the news headlines if that happened.

Peretz is denying it. I guess everyone else is telling lies while these guys who threaten not only French, and germans are telling Gods honest truth. I wonder when people will wake up from this fog.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Both the French and the Germans are an entirely different caliber of opponent than the Israeli's have ever faced in the past.

The Germans would never be able to do squat , other then lodge a complaint. The backlash from germans even doing such a thing would probably be horrendous. Luckily though no Germans were hurt but the idea of it is just mind-boggling that they would even attempt such a thing.

Pie

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If they actually fired on a German ship (instead of over it) the German crew might very well fire back and worry about the consequences later. And the French would certainly not face any similar dilemma. Israel is not the sacred cow to the Europeans it is to Americans.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Where these naval vessles breaking some kind of treaty.. law.. guidlines? It is not rational nor logical to simply fire at an ally for absolutly no reason? .. maybe they where going somewhere they where not supposed to go?

Has it been posted on American news stations yet?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
The Germans would never be able to do squat , other then lodge a complaint. The backlash from germans even doing such a thing would probably be horrendous. Luckily though no Germans were hurt but the idea of it is just mind-boggling that they would even attempt such a thing.

Pie

Why though? is this guilt going to be milked for annother hundred years? It is time to end it and move forward.

Firing on those ships is an act of war and needs to be treated as such.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The question is why would Israel do this? For fun? There isn't enough information in this article.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Because the French have been threatening to do what they're supposed to do according to the UN, and end Israeli incursions into Lebanon, including overflights, using force if necessary. The Israelis are under the impression that they have a divinely granted right to do whatever they want (much like their Hezbollah opponents), regardless of what international agreements they sign, and regard this as an unacceptable imposition.

Like I said, Israel needs a reality check.
These aren't impoverished & ill-equipped Palestinian or Lebanese guerillas they're dealing with, but a modern first-world force.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
been watching american new most of the day have herd anything of this yet

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why? We've seen videos of Finnish UN in altercations with Israeli tanks, they bombed UN in Qana twice, they used Phosphour on men,women and children, they used cluster bombs in the last hours of a war right before a truce, they build settlements illegally and then delete the information from databases so it can't be traced, they kill whole families on a beachfront and innocents in their houses and on the streets on an almost daily basis. Ill tell you why...because they can. Thats all there is to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
In the FAZ (german newspaper) the french commander Alain Pellegrini, says that the israelis are flying quit a bit over all areas where the UN troops are stationed.

Here the link

Will this be ignored? Seems so but for how long?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They should shot down any Israëli plane that crosses the border. If they are not happy, they should go to war with the UNIFIL or make a complain to the UN because they can't cross the border. And the US should stop supporting Israël until they STFU and respect international laws.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe it's just Payback time from WW2.

Geeee I wonder what headlines a Syrian airplane, firing at z'Gehmanz would make...

But it's Only Israel - move along, nothing to see here...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

This is what I though... maybe the two pilots are kind of extremists and want a revenge for the WW2... and I hope that Germany will blow up any kind of threat, even if it's the poor little Israël full of zionists, not jews.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If true, it makes me furious these A Holes can get away with S. like this, they got away with the USS Liberty attack and they would likely get away with doing the same to a German ship. I hope the crew next time activates their radar and illuminates the jets while sending a radio message saying "Go ahead fire". They definitely do need a reality check but unfortunately no one currently in high office has the balls to deliver it.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

This is what I though... maybe the two pilots are kind of extremists and want a revenge for the WW2... and I hope that Germany will blow up any kind of threat, even if it's the poor little Israël full of zionists, not jews.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

It seems no one posting likes Israel very much.

I noticed a few saying out Germany should have ... blown them out of the sky..

I love people who love peace unless its violence against Israel.

Germany wouldnt dare do it because Israel could kick their @$%, they are a powerful country. They wouldnt do it also because the world would right away see germans killing Jews.. which of course would be taken out of context just to make Israel look inocent. Israel also has friends in high places, we put them on a higher priority then German, and especially France.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If this is true then Israel needs to cut the crap out.

These troops are here to help with a ceasefire.

We all know that Iran's hezbollah is not going to be disarmed, like they are supposed to. But Israel needs to stay out of lebanon, unless Hezbollah lobs any rockets into Israel.

Someone mentioned US supplied weapons earlier killing.....well another important fct was left out....
......What about Iranian supplied missles that killed innocent children. Iran should calm down its puppet and not shoot anymore rockets, so Israelis and Lebanese don't die.

If the UN force is not stopping the flow of arms and daily rockets attacks then if I was country that faced a threat, then I would try to nuetralize it. Un force or not.

Lets face it Israel and Hezbollah are both jerks.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Heres my philosphy when it comes to getting shot at if it be by air, land, sea, whatever:
Find out where the fire is comming from then send it a 10 mortar salute saying: "Hello were doing fine too!" and should it be air: couple of missiles up the tail pipe should take the fight out of them.
A ship gets attacked, it doesnt fire back, its only asking to be shot at again.
A ship gets attacked, fires back, enemy less likely to try again if they live.
Its simple, they shoot, you shoot back in defence. Doesnt mean you have to conquer a country, just means you need to stop the current attacks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join