It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All i can say is.........wow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
if this video is real, it is absolutely amazing the best video ever, i think there is a chance it is actually authentic aswell, NASA obviously do not tell us everything there is to no about space or about their missions

they can easily hide launches and missions from us, think about it, if we never see any launches on TV or the internet we have no idea they ever take place, and even if this DID happen and we landed on mars in 1962 AND found life.

someone could easily disguise themself as an average member of the public and call it fake, or NASA itself could just disregard it.

it was shown in England in 1977 they say the actual show was fake but, the clip was fiction based on fact... this is very interesting

i always knew there was something about mars that was strange.

youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Very interesting.

However, the movement of the "probe" is a bit hard to believe.

It is hard to make any conclusions with this amount of evidence.

Nice find by the way...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
hes right, the movement of the probe is more like a helicopter. Highly unlikely. You would have to launch the helicopter from an orbiter hi above mars....likely in too thin of an atmosphere.

I dont think there is even a remote possibility that this video is real.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Not to mention that the audio sounds so incredibly contrived and scripted it's pathetic. As a pilot, I can assure you that nobody conducting air-ground communications sounds that way whatsoever.

I agree the flying video sequence also looks 'earthly', e.g., helicopter. The little critter pushing through the soil is further, completely unconvincing.

Sorry - my vote is not only 'fake', but not a very good one either.

I mean, c'mon: "OMG, what is that!?!?! Here we are, ON MARS, in 1962!,and OMG, we have found LIFE on MArs!!' Oh brother...

Gimme a break.

But thanks for posting it - it was entertaining and we at ATS LOVE to see all manner of such clips - keep them coming!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No, it is not real. It is from a TV show "Science Report" and aired June of 1977. Here is the entire episode.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Russians and Americans working jointly on a project in 1962 is a stretch.
If you said it was made in 1992 I might be less scepticle. Especially since the video is of such high quality and color.

They also trained in on that ground movement wayyy too fast.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
yeah, it looks way too good to be true

apparently the weird and quite simple movements of the crafts imply that it is a UFO that USA used to quickly get to Mars in 1962

that would account for the weird movements and changes in direction + the text that shows up, it doesn't look like anything NASA has

its in the link i posted before

still it could all be fake anyway

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Trained in? A little too coincidental that our little critter just happenned to be ready to move the moment the 'vehicle' comes to rest, and no other movement is seen in the entire landscape.

Lights!!! Camera!!!! Ready... and... Roll 'em! OKay - is the critter ready on the string?? and.... CUT!!!! get that gum wrapper out of there! And Boris - you don't sound amazed enough! Remind our viewers that this is Mars, Dammit! Your shocked, amazed! Act like it, fool! Sheesh..... actors...

Action!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As far as the "unmanned" lander goes, why in this film is it so advanced as to be manuevering in extreme attitudes and banking at speeds that the manned Apollo moon lander couldn't duplicate years later? All unmanned vehicles set down in a vertical plane of reference. Why? Because it is the most efficient and safe way to do it. And they still use a parachute system. This vehicle flits about the surface that would consume enormous amounts of fuel before landing. If it is unmanned why does it have a huge window? Cameras only require a small aperature to see.

And the ridiculous idea from the other link that this was filmed from an alien saucer poses the question why does the big window have a metal bar running through it? That is poor engineering in any galaxy and would be a critically weak point dividing the "glass" into 2 panes when is not needed.

Where is the superimposed data coming from and how is it being projected? What is is projected onto? It is obviously post production dubbing not real time imagery during the "event."

And as for Russians and Americans cooperating in space at that time, some idiot forgot about the Cuban Missile Crisis and the tensions that preluded it. I guess the Cold War was all faked to cover for this.

new topics

top topics

join