It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU might have Morgolleons if............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Morgellons Disease Symptoms List

Head
* Bumps, lumps, lesions or "channels" on head
* Headaches

Brain and Personality
* Memory loss (short term, recent memory - "Where did I put my coffee mug? What did I do yesterday?")
* Brain fog - groggy, unclear thinking
* Thought processing becomes very taxing, difficult
* Inability to focus or concentrate - ADD/ADHD symptoms
* Mood disorder
* Libido - lack of
* Loss of interest in things that normally interest you
* Depression
* Personality changes, like loss of creativity
* Neurological symptoms, such as problems walking, clumsiness, speech problems

Hair
* Hair appearance - stiff, brittle and dry
* Hair loss

Eyes
* Floaters on eye surface
* Loss of visual acuity
* Increase in discharge, often stringy
* Sandy or gritty feeling in eyes
* Eyes are sensitive to light
* Eyesight is generally weakened

Ears
* Ears itch as motile fibers move inside
* Ears ring or beep (but ears are clean)
* Ears become clogged due to sinus drainage
* Ears develop excess hair

Nose
* Allergies or sinus - excessive congestion, mucus production
* Mucus is thick, stringy, cohesive, dries into very hard substance
* Scents do not smell correctly, may fluctuate from keen sniffing ability to no ability to smell at all
* Nostrils develop excess hair
* Nostrils develop very sore pimples

Mouth & Throat
* Teeth become sensitive
* Teeth degrade and/or fall out
* Sore throat
* Hacking cough
* Constant sinus drainage
* Glob of congestion always hanging at back of throat
* Taste buds do not function correctly, may fluctuate from keen tasting ability to no taste at all

Skin
* Crawling feeling on the skin, like invisible bugs
* Pinching, biting, stinging or prickling on the skin
* Lesions - itchy, sore or painful, very slow-healing with no infection, sometimes containing "fuzz"
* Open cuts or wounds - very slow healing with no infection, sometimes containing "fuzz"
* Rashes - unusual, appear/disappear rapidly for no apparent reason, also appear where adhesive portion of Band-Aid is applied
* Seed-like specks on the skin
* Skin pigment changes (gets lighter or darker)
* Skin texture - leathery, callus-like areas often where lesions had previously been located
* Pimples - sore, long-lasting, can't squeeze out contents like a normal
pimple, contents are moist and cohesive matter

Body
* Alcohol/liquor intolerance
* Appetite decrease or increase
* Weight loss or weight gain
* Food cravings or total lack of interest in food
* Gastrointestinal problems
* Swelling or edema, including breast edema
* Back ache - lower back
* Back pain - neck and shoulder pain
* Chronic fatigue
* Weakness - strength diminishes
* Bloating
* Joint pain
* Muscle twitching or cramping
* Dizziness, disorientation, vertigo
* Seizures
* Blood pressure problems
* Heart races or beats irregularly for no apparent reason
* Liver problems
* Abnormal overheating
* Excessive sweating
* Cannot stay in sun for prolonged periods without becoming ill
* Drastic body temp fluctuations
* New, normal temp runs lower or higher than your previous "normal"
* Bowel habits change, loss of muscle control
* Stools contain foreign-looking matter
* Urine has foreign-looking matter (particles or black seeds, hair - sometimes encased in mucus)
* Immediate pain that occurs simultaneously to untouched lesions on other parts of the body when another lesion is disturbed.
* Hardened splinter-like material beneath skin that is difficult to remove, extremely painful, and odd in appearance once removed
* Ingrown hair that is difficult to remove, extremely painful
* Hair strands that are unusually thick or doesn't look like other hair
* Fingernails change shape or texture
* Fiber or thread-like material emerging from the skin, or visible just beneath the skin - may be black, white, tan, clear, red, blue, or rainbow colored. Some fibers may exhibit movement.
* Lyme Disease shares overlapping symptoms and the borellia bacteria with Morgellons Disease

For those of you with microscopes or other magnification here are some other signs to look for:

* Hair follicle may become distorted and the hair covered with a sticky film which becomes hard when dry. Hair can become mutated and follicle can be taken over by pathogen with colored fibers in the hair root.

With this list of symptoms, it would appear we could all have some form of it??

Link

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It seems so, I have a few of the list, but I'm pretty sure I'm fine.

With such a broad spectrum of symptons, how can it be diagnosed and not confused with other illnesses?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
With such a broad spectrum of symptons, how can it be diagnosed and not confused with other illnesses?

I dont think you can be diagnosed with it as Morgellons isnt accepted by the vast majority of the medical community. I think the reason the list of sysmptoms is so broad is because none is certain of what it is. They tend to think people are instead suffering from Delusional Parasitosis, and many times will refuse to help the patient out of fear of cathing the disease themselves.
To answer your question, I believe the main sysmptoms of this disease are "Crawling feeling on the skin, like invisible bugs", open wounds that dont fully heal, and fibers growing out of their skin near and on the wounds.
Here is a link
en.wikipedia.org...

I happen to know this does exist as my father had this for many years, before it was given a name. It was hell for him and he did everything he could to get rid of it. Doctors would straight up luagh in his face and refuse to look into it. He would always have open wounds on the back of his neck and sometimes they would start on his face as well. He would swear bugs were crawling on him and would pull fiber like material out of his neck and chin(where the wounds were).
Luckily for the family, it wasnt contagious. And luckily for him, he found a way to kill it. I forget what he used, though he tried pretty much everything, but managed to suffocate whatever it was. Hes fine now but still has scars on his neck and parts of his face.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That's terrible, I'm glad your father found a way to get rid of it.

It's sounding more and more like the leprosy of modern times to me, what with no-one really recognising it and not trying to treat it.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
My Gosh!!!

I'm afflicted!! Anyone ever see such a list of symptoms? Anything that could go wrong is here!!!

It all started with fibers coming out of hair follicles and now.......!!!!!! It encompasses every malady known to man!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A lot of other conditions will cause a lot of the same symptoms, but some of the items on that list would not be caused by other conditions and are the ones to really be on the lookout for along with the other more common ones.

For example, let's say you experience:
* Mood disorder
* Libido - lack of
* Loss of interest in things that normally interest you
* Depression
* Personality changes, like loss of creativity

Those symptoms may be caused by GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and could be resolved with anti-depressant medication.

But if you have those symptoms PLUS some others such as:
* Crawling feeling on the skin, like invisible bugs
* Pinching, biting, stinging or prickling on the skin
* Lesions - itchy, sore or painful, very slow-healing with no infection, sometimes containing "fuzz"
* Open cuts or wounds - very slow healing with no infection, sometimes containing "fuzz"

Then you have a reason to be concerned that it may be Morgellons.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
DG now a days we all infected because we all have more than a few symptoms from that list.

That list also sounds like the posible side effects from medications.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Johndoe why not ask your dad what method he used so that maybe by posting it , it might be beneficial to others since no one else knows what to do.

Pie

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Johndoe why not ask your dad what method he used so that maybe by posting it , it might be beneficial to others since no one else knows what to do.

Pie

Sure thing, Ill ask him next time I see him.
Probably some time this weekend.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just read about some woman in South Forida that has Morgellons, however she now has bugs crawling out of her skin. For all medical skeptics, this one should be the clincher.

www1.wsvn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
DG now a days we all infected because we all have more than a few symptoms from that list.

That list also sounds like the posible side effects from medications.

I statred showing signs of this mysterious syndrome in 2004. I have been suffering with Morgellons for about 3 years. I am suffering with the pain, the disfiguring lesions (scarring), the endless itching, the fatigue, the cloudy vision, the fibers, as well as the brain “fog”. I also experience the tremendous fear that I will soon die as a result of this disease. Coping with these symptoms is mentally crippling as well as physically debilitating.
I also fear that this disease may be a contagion, and that I may pass it on to those people that I come in contact with, family, friends, and the public. I personally isolate myself from most public functions because of the terrible lesions (which are embarassing) and because I may spred this to others.

No one would ever want to deal with this ... it is very real and very serious.

I am a retired veterinary technician and when my symptoms began I immediately thought: parasites. There is a CDC/Kaiser Permanente Study ready to begin in the San Francisco Bay Area. If this was thought to only be Delusions of Parasitosis why is the CDC begining a study? Other research is ongoing and promising as to the causative agent and hopefully a cure. I was on KTVU Fox News in Oakland, California when I first came down with this in 2004. I have participated in fiber studies, and have been an advocate to get the CDC to hear our cries for investigation and help.

I have been on Fenbendazole (wormer/antifungal) for a year with great results. This medication was taken by a fellow sufferer as she was either going to commit suicide or try taking this. I have before and after pictures of her if anyone is interested. The itching has stopped, a few small lesions still erupt and tend to heal in a few weeks instead of months.

Most of the information on Wikipedia about Morgellons has been supplied by a lay person (with no medical training) who is trying desperately to debunk this disease. I can not understand the hatered people have toward us. This disease not only affects adults but also CHILDREN!

Please read this information by a top research scientist and doctor in regaurd to the DNA, RNA testing being done at his labratory. His impressive creditials are listed in the last paragraph:
www.morgellons.org:80...
Others have joined in the research which is in desperate need of funding.

Please don't make light of this as it is REAL. Remember when the AIDS Epidemic began and a blind eye from the CDC ensued causeing the deaths of so many people??? Just because this is a new emerging disease it should not be ignored.

This is also being seen GLOBALLY. We suffer from this daily, this is a nightmare.

top topics

join