It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Morgellons Disease Symptoms List
* Bumps, lumps, lesions or "channels" on head
Brain and Personality
* Memory loss (short term, recent memory - "Where did I put my coffee mug? What did I do yesterday?")
* Brain fog - groggy, unclear thinking
* Thought processing becomes very taxing, difficult
* Inability to focus or concentrate - ADD/ADHD symptoms
* Mood disorder
* Libido - lack of
* Loss of interest in things that normally interest you
* Personality changes, like loss of creativity
* Neurological symptoms, such as problems walking, clumsiness, speech problems
* Hair appearance - stiff, brittle and dry
* Hair loss
* Floaters on eye surface
* Loss of visual acuity
* Increase in discharge, often stringy
* Sandy or gritty feeling in eyes
* Eyes are sensitive to light
* Eyesight is generally weakened
* Ears itch as motile fibers move inside
* Ears ring or beep (but ears are clean)
* Ears become clogged due to sinus drainage
* Ears develop excess hair
* Allergies or sinus - excessive congestion, mucus production
* Mucus is thick, stringy, cohesive, dries into very hard substance
* Scents do not smell correctly, may fluctuate from keen sniffing ability to no ability to smell at all
* Nostrils develop excess hair
* Nostrils develop very sore pimples
Mouth & Throat
* Teeth become sensitive
* Teeth degrade and/or fall out
* Sore throat
* Hacking cough
* Constant sinus drainage
* Glob of congestion always hanging at back of throat
* Taste buds do not function correctly, may fluctuate from keen tasting ability to no taste at all
* Crawling feeling on the skin, like invisible bugs
* Pinching, biting, stinging or prickling on the skin
* Lesions - itchy, sore or painful, very slow-healing with no infection, sometimes containing "fuzz"
* Open cuts or wounds - very slow healing with no infection, sometimes containing "fuzz"
* Rashes - unusual, appear/disappear rapidly for no apparent reason, also appear where adhesive portion of Band-Aid is applied
* Seed-like specks on the skin
* Skin pigment changes (gets lighter or darker)
* Skin texture - leathery, callus-like areas often where lesions had previously been located
* Pimples - sore, long-lasting, can't squeeze out contents like a normal
pimple, contents are moist and cohesive matter
* Alcohol/liquor intolerance
* Appetite decrease or increase
* Weight loss or weight gain
* Food cravings or total lack of interest in food
* Gastrointestinal problems
* Swelling or edema, including breast edema
* Back ache - lower back
* Back pain - neck and shoulder pain
* Chronic fatigue
* Weakness - strength diminishes
* Joint pain
* Muscle twitching or cramping
* Dizziness, disorientation, vertigo
* Blood pressure problems
* Heart races or beats irregularly for no apparent reason
* Liver problems
* Abnormal overheating
* Excessive sweating
* Cannot stay in sun for prolonged periods without becoming ill
* Drastic body temp fluctuations
* New, normal temp runs lower or higher than your previous "normal"
* Bowel habits change, loss of muscle control
* Stools contain foreign-looking matter
* Urine has foreign-looking matter (particles or black seeds, hair - sometimes encased in mucus)
* Immediate pain that occurs simultaneously to untouched lesions on other parts of the body when another lesion is disturbed.
* Hardened splinter-like material beneath skin that is difficult to remove, extremely painful, and odd in appearance once removed
* Ingrown hair that is difficult to remove, extremely painful
* Hair strands that are unusually thick or doesn't look like other hair
* Fingernails change shape or texture
* Fiber or thread-like material emerging from the skin, or visible just beneath the skin - may be black, white, tan, clear, red, blue, or rainbow colored. Some fibers may exhibit movement.
* Lyme Disease shares overlapping symptoms and the borellia bacteria with Morgellons Disease
For those of you with microscopes or other magnification here are some other signs to look for:
* Hair follicle may become distorted and the hair covered with a sticky film which becomes hard when dry. Hair can become mutated and follicle can be taken over by pathogen with colored fibers in the hair root.
With this list of symptoms, it would appear we could all have some form of it??
Originally posted by Zanzibar
With such a broad spectrum of symptons, how can it be diagnosed and not confused with other illnesses?
Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Johndoe why not ask your dad what method he used so that maybe by posting it , it might be beneficial to others since no one else knows what to do.
Originally posted by marg6043
DG now a days we all infected because we all have more than a few symptoms from that list.
That list also sounds like the posible side effects from medications.