It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limabugh bashes Marty McFly

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Now Fox is saying he was "over-medicated". Either way, it was manipulation of meds that produced the desired effect for the camera.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So you apparently think that everyone who has Parkinson's Disease and is on medication would show no symptoms...

Ignorance abounds...

Like I said before, education is our friend. It makes us appear intelligent. Give it a try...

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Now Fox is saying he was "over-medicated". Either way, it was manipulation of meds that produced the desired effect for the camera.
You know, i'm ashamed to belong to the human race.
this is an experiment gone baaaaaaad.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Michael J. Fox admitted in his own book that he didn't take his meds when he appeared before Congress.

Michael J. Fox admitted to Katie Couric that he may had "overmedicated" himself before his famous political ad.

Would a normal appearing Michael J. Fox have made national headlines?

He medicated himself perfectly for his role on Boston Legal, which he appeared in just a couple of months ago.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
TO ALL YOU NEOCON POSTERS, SHAKING IS A SIDE EFFECT OF THE MEDICINE!!!!! NOT THE DISEASE!!!!!!! FREAKING SHUT THE HECK UP WHEN ALL YOU KNOW IS WHAT PILL LIMBAUGH TELLS YOU!

THAT'S RIGHT, IF MICHAEL J. FOX WAS OFF HIS MEDS HE WOULDN"T BE MOVING AT ALL!!!!!!! THE MEDS ARE WHAT CAUSE HIM TO SHAKE!!!

Of course, how much you want to bet they don't read my post and continue attacking Michael J. Fox for shaking in a commercial?

Yeah...Right...
Consider this: Parkinson's disease is disorder of the central nervous system, as a result, the motor symptoms are impared. This imparment includes effects such as tremors or shaking.
Now, If what your saying is correct, and what I said is wrong, what is Parkinson's?
What are the effects?

The reason people ignored your post was because you are utterly and ridiculously wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Michael J. Fox admitted in his own book that he didn't take his meds when he appeared before Congress.

Michael J. Fox admitted to Katie Couric that he may had "overmedicated" himself before his famous political ad.

Would a normal appearing Michael J. Fox have made national headlines?

He medicated himself perfectly for his role on Boston Legal, which he appeared in just a couple of months ago.

Previous post.

"Either way" says to me that you won't accept anything that won't fit into your small world. Ie: whatever you want to believe.

BTW, this is the first time I've seen a "conservative" have a problem with "Fox".

Edit: Missed a quotation mark. I'm a damn perfectionist.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

Yeah...Right...
Consider this: Parkinson's disease is disorder of the central nervous system, as a result, the motor symptoms are impared. This imparment includes effects such as tremors or shaking.
Now, If what your saying is correct, and what I said is wrong, what is Parkinson's?
What are the effects?

The reason people ignored your post was because you are utterly and ridiculously wrong.

No, the disease does NOT make you shake it makes you freeze! People with Parkinsons die because they become frozen, including the ehart and lungs. Gee, if you knew about Parkinsons you might know this.

On Medicine=Shakes
No Medicine=Frozen

Sorry NeoCon, but you have just broken rules #9 and #15 and #19

9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered, avoid discussing issues with denial they have any credibility, make any sense, provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion. Mix well for maximum effect.

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions. This requires creative thinking unless the crime was planned with contingency conclusions in place.

19. Ignore proof presented

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Could someone chance the topic from Marty Mcfly to his real name. Seems a little wrong to me.

So what if he was off his meds...Medication masks the disease. If you are too weak to see the real effects of parkinsons on a person, then you have no right to comment on it.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
HoorahUSMC

Thanks for posting that, I was going to explain the realities of Parkinson but then I figure that if people wants to just bash what Michael is doing they will do it no matter what you post.

Is not about him but what and who he is endorsing.

Pity, Parkinson's is an affliction that can target anybody and lately at a very early age also.

Everybody should learn about it because it can be any of us of a love one next.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

No, the disease does NOT make you shake it makes you freeze! People with Parkinsons die because they become frozen, including the ehart and lungs.

Oh please! I don't know what your talking about, but it's common knowledge that Parkinson's causes tremors.
If your sole argument is based on this incident, you should try something else.
Parkinson's = Tremors.
Treatment = Less Tremors.
Prolonged Treatment = Dyskinesia.
Dyskinesia = Tremors.
If Parkinson's patients develop this, then they are normally taken OFF their treatment.
MJ Fox fits into this category. He developed Dyskinesia after prolonged treatment. He was taken off the treatment. (or at least cut down) For the Campaign he went back onto treatment to increase the effects of Parkinson's through Dyskinesia.
To assume that if his 'shaking is caused by the treatment, then the opposite must be true' is just ignorant.

However, if you are basing your logic on Akinesia, then that is a completely different matter. Akinesia restricts muscle movment and is the 'final' result of Parkinson's. It's like AIDS. AIDS is the result of HIV. HIV is NOT AIDS.
Likewise, Akinesia is NOT Parkinsons.

Sorry NeoCon, but you have just broken rules #9 and #15 and #19

Why are you name calling? No need to get upset.

9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered, avoid discussing issues with denial they have any credibility, make any sense, provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion. Mix well for maximum effect.

No. What I stated was both comon knowledge and FACT. Where is your 'evidence'?
It seems to me that you are the one 'playing dumb'

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions. This requires creative thinking unless the crime was planned with contingency conclusions in place.

Again, what I posted is FACT. The conclusion is FACT.
You seem to have a problem accepting that. Or maybe your just ignoring it. Which brings me to my next point:

19. Ignore proof presented

What proof did you present? All I saw was:

TO ALL YOU NEOCON POSTERS, SHAKING IS A SIDE EFFECT OF THE MEDICINE!!!!! NOT THE DISEASE!!!!!!! FREAKING SHUT THE HECK UP WHEN ALL YOU KNOW IS WHAT PILL LIMBAUGH TELLS YOU!

THAT'S RIGHT, IF MICHAEL J. FOX WAS OFF HIS MEDS HE WOULDN"T BE MOVING AT ALL!!!!!!! THE MEDS ARE WHAT CAUSE HIM TO SHAKE!!!

If that is your proof presented then you, neocon need to go check yourself.

You broke all the rules you stated.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
HoorahUSMC

Thanks for posting that, I was going to explain the realities of Parkinson but then I figure that if people wants to just bash what Michael is doing they will do it no matter what you post.

Is not about him but what and who he is endorsing.

Pity, Parkinson's is an affliction that can target anybody and lately at a very early age also.

Everybody should learn about it because it can be any of us of a love one next.

Thanks Marg, and he's still going on falsely. Oh well, they can't learn unless Pill Limbaugh or Mann Coulter tell them differently. Pity, some people can be lost so easily.

I liked MJ Fox in the Back movies and when he was on Spin City, it sucks his career was cut short by a horrible disease and now he is being attacked for having it. Anyways, Parkinsons makes you freeze, until your heart/lungs stop moving, not shake. The medicine makes them shake but keeps them moving. Damned if you do, dead if you don't. If only people like Rush and the one on here would realize that MJ Fox did not ask to have this disease and he wants a cure, which would be found through Stem Cells. I know it doesn't matter to MJ Fox who it is as long as they support Stem Cell research, case in point Republican Arlen Spectre. MJ Fox did a commercial for him in 2004 because AS supported SC research. Now he's doing it for a democrat that supports SC research. So all people like Rush have is "Look at him! He has a horrible disease, mock him!"

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Thanks Marg, and he's still going on falsely. Oh well, they can't learn unless Pill Limbaugh or Mann Coulter tell them differently. Pity, some people can be lost so easily....
Anyways, Parkinsons makes you freeze, until your heart/lungs stop moving, not shake. The medicine makes them shake but keeps them moving. Damned if you do, dead if you don't.

Going on falsely? What I have said is irrefutable fact.
Where is the proof of your outrageous claims?
I would like to see it. Why don't you educate me instead of whinning like a broken record, stating the same thing over and over again:
"Parkinsons makes you freeze, until your heart/lungs stop moving, not shake. The medicine makes them shake but keeps them moving."

By the way, it might suprise you to learn that before this thread, I have never even heard the names Pill Limbaugh or Mann Coulter. Don't chalk your misunderstanding of the facts to what political preference I may or my not carry.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Rush did not use the work "faking". Faking implies that Fox does not have Parkinson's Disease. Limbaugh's exact words were:

"Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting, one of the two."

The other point that I would like to make is that Fox's statements in the commercial were essentially false. He states that Senator Talent is against stem cell research. This is incorrect. Senator Talent opposes federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. I am unclear on his position regarding adult stem cell research, but I believe he does not oppose it.

I will be accused of being a right-wing shill here, when all I've done is clarify a few issues so the topic can be discussed reasonably. But that's OK.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I will be accused of being a right-wing shill here, when all I've done is clarify a few issues so the topic can be discussed reasonably. But that's OK.

No, in this post you have not broken any of the Misinformation rules. You have clarified a position, now a link to the other candidate would help. Easy to say he doesn't support one thing but supports the same thing just older if you don't bring links.

Also, whats the difference between Embryonic and adult stem cells? Are the adult stem cells able to drive and smoke while Embryonic stem cells poop in diapers? Oh wait that's right they all don't do anything because they aren't even human, they don't even have souls, according to the Bible anyways.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No, in this post you have not broken any of the Misinformation rules. You have clarified a position, now a link to the other candidate would help.

Here's a starting point for info on Talent and embryonic stem cell research:
en.wikipedia.org...

Easy to say he doesn't support one thing but supports the same thing just older if you don't bring links.

Re-read my post. I believe I said I wasn't certain (or words to that effect) of his position on adult stem cell research.

Also, whats the difference between Embryonic and adult stem cells? Are the adult stem cells able to drive and smoke while Embryonic stem cells poop in diapers? Oh wait that's right they all don't do anything because they aren't even human, they don't even have souls, according to the Bible anyways.

Just how many of your "misinformation" rules might you have broken with that paragraph?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Darkmind
It is not a matter of "killing unborn children",

Oh .. you are right .. it's killing HUMAN unborn children. I forgot the HUMAN part.

to descripe it as such is to overly dramatise it.

To say anything less is to under sell the killing of preborn humans.

I would also remind you that Nancy Reagan has come out fully against ...

So what? I don't care. She's wrong.

And frankly there are many educated people out there who see fetal cell parkinsons research as junk science.
theanchoressonline.com...

[edit on 10/25/2006 by FlyersFan]
If I had a penny for every unborn child I killed I'd be rich, I wack off every night

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If that's your only contribution wantsome, please feel free NOT to post. :shk:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Just how many of your "misinformation" rules might you have broken with that paragraph?

According to the Bible you don't get your soul until you take the Breath of Life, your first breath when taken literally. So all these embryos do not have sould since they have not taken the Breath of Life.

And thanks for clearing up on the Talent position on stem cells, or your alck of knowing what it is. Many people keep this secret because if you support it you are called a baby killer even though again the Bible clearly states you don't get your soul until the Breath of Life, and if you don't support it you are called a murderer because you are keeping millions of living breathing people with souls from being cured. I support it as the Bible states no Breath of Life, no soul, so I do not see it as killing anyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am all for the cell stem research and for embryonic also.

And anybody that thinks that this is against religion guess what, I am not a religious person so I don't care.

My daughter is majoring in cell biology as a second mayor and she is doing restricted research because that is how is played by politics but the possibilities on this type of research is getting the profiteers of medicines scare.

The only people that is been deceived here is the ones that believe that is all for the religious rights and for the will of god.

And is not!!!!!

The multi billion dollar industry that we know as Pharmaceuticals do not want any research that has to do with finding cures to diseases because that is not what they are in business for.

Their business is to make money and keep people suffering under their medications.

They have plenty of lobbyist funding to our already corrupted conservative congress that their god name is Money.

While they are the biggest financial supporters to anybody that is out there trying to stop any research that will be in the favor of the people that suffers under the debilitating diseases like Parkinson's.

Shame on all of them and anybody that supports stomping on progress and the well being of the living, breathing and walking human beings under false pretenses.

They all been deceived by big money making businesses.

While they make the money you get to pray to get a new pill that will make you feel better and get to live long enough so until is in generic form so you can be able to afford it all in the name of God will.

Shame on all of them.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Abortion is legal, it's not going anywhere. Why not reap a benefit from it.

And no, I don't support abortion for the use of birth control. Just being pragmatic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join