It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

river turns to blood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
isnt there something about the world being close to ending when a river turns to blood or whatever? Well a river in China just turned a very distinct blood red.. i dunno, just thought I'd throw it out there...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah, the bible gives a pretty detailed account of what pollution will do to the earth. Albeit, archaic, the bible does describe many things in detail.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well............

It could be red algae getting into the rivers and streams.....

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think Ive heard of certain rivers before turning red, like that dye plant near where I grew up having a big chemical spill that leaked into the river and turned it one color or another, I dont remember which.

But I think the bible is talking about all the oceans turning red, isnt it? Not just one river.

thats when Ill be crapping my pants.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyraxx
Well............

It could be red algae getting into the rivers and streams.....

Thats what i was thinking,this has happened before if im not mistaken.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is the river in China which turned red

Photo: AP/Scanpix

I believe that Nostradamus wrote a few lines about a river turning red...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Uh....the article clearly states a company was fined for dumping dye into the water. Read the articles first.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venoaris
Uh....the article clearly states a company was fined for dumping dye into the water. Read the articles first.

Exactly....it's not algae or whatever... Oh, but we humans don't impact the environment, don't you know?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Revelation of St.John the divine

16:4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

16:4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

I think this would have the effect across the entire world and not just a stream or a river here or there.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly

Originally posted by infinite

I think this would have the effect across the entire world and not just a stream or a river here or there.

You can never tell with St. John though - he was nice and vague.

Unless this company in China turns out to be the Third Angel, then Im not going to give this any credence to being a sign of biblical fortelling at all.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly

I think people's imaginations run wild when they think of "end time" prophecy. One has to realize that what would appear as catastrophic to the mind of the ancient prophets, will most likely seem somewhat mundane to those living today. So,yes, I think that St.John's prophecy could possibly just pertain to a diseased river here or sea there.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As was pointed out, it was dye, and it was a 1/2 mile section of river.

Not the whole thing. Just 1/2 mile. That's kinda weak for a prophecy: "da Angel will show up and pour out wrath on all the land and all the world and part of a half mile section of river is gonna turn RED donchaknow!"

So we have a divinity who couldn't scrape up enough wrath for more than 1/2 mile of one side of a river?

Wake me when the other Armageddon comes.

(and yes, rivers have turned red before from various things including dyes, runoff, and soil. )

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Wake me when the other Armageddon comes.

Yeah,I will. That is likely to disappoint as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yay a river turned to red from pollution! If we arent responsible for our actions who is responsible for our pollutions... are you blaming the rivers themselves? I think that prophecies accurately depict what will happen to the earth in terms in pollution but this way in no way a biblical prophecy.

new topics

top topics

join