It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Christ Approach Adam and Eve First?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Or did Adam and Eve approach Jesus Christ first? I believe that Jesus Christ was created Infinite years ago and approached them first. They have been forgiven of their sins and live in Heaven with the Infinitely Great and Merciful God!!!

Merry Chirstmas and Happy Easter to All!!!

Love and Peace to All!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi GreatTech/

As the Son of God, Jesus Christ was present from the Beginning.

GreatTech, you wrote,

I believe that Jesus Christ was created Infinite years ago and approached them first. They have been forgiven of their sins and live in Heaven with the Infinitely Great and Merciful God!!!

Adam and Eve were released from their sin(against the commandment of God to 'not eat of that tree')when Jesus Christ died for all humanity.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If Jesus existed before Adam and Eve, then was he in the human form as both Adam and Eve were?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow, GT - you are getting some pretty deep transmissions these days - I see how things are developing within you from the things which you post....

And the answer is YES. But it is a YES that is found only in 'hard sayings' which are 'dark' (meaning simply: hidden) and not easily discerned from a religious point of view.

Not that I'm saying you have a religious point of view: I don't think you do, although I can't say that you are wholly un-influenced by religion - mostly everyone is, so that's humanity's biggest obstacle to true revelation.

But perhaps I can just give you a few verses to consider (which you must do ONLY AFTER doing your best to empty your mind of ALL preconcieved ideas of 'who' and 'what' and 'this means that' which come from both your own mind as well as the common general biblical teachings which dominant the mind of humanity)....

Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel. Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward. I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.
~Genesis 49:16-18

Now, it is a common misconception the tribe of Dan is not listed in the 144,000 in Revelation for a negative reason - this is not true - Dan is 'the judge' and so is included in a positive sense but not in the 'masses' but on the throne....

And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod. And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
~Exodus 4:2-3

When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.
And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.
~Exodus 7:9-12

Note: 'rod' = 'serpent'

And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us.
And Moses prayed for the people.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
~Numbers 21:6-8

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
~John 3:14-15

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
~Luke 10:18-19

And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.
~Acts 28:3-6

Here's a couple of MOST mysterious clues:

There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.
~Proverbs 30:18-19

Note: 'way' 'serpent' 'rock'

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
~Matthew 7:9-10

Note: 'bread' 'stone' 'fish' 'serpent'

I live in New Mexico - full of both scorpions and rattlesnakes - and there is no shortage of sheep ranchers, either...

The anti-venin that is made to counteract the deadly poison from a rattlesnake bite is made in a very interesting fashion:

Small amounts (not deadly) are injected into sheep...and over time, the sheep build up an immunity as well as an actual element which will reverse the poison's effect....and from this the anti-venin is derived! Much like vaccines are made by building up resistance with small doses of the virus which they are being developed to fight and overcome!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Actually,Queen, most of those who come from the "tribe of Dan," at least in the modern day and times,are athiests. It has been theorized that the anti-Christ will actually arise out of the "tribe of Dan."

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Actually,Queen, most of those who come from the "tribe of Dan," at least in the modern day and times,are athiests. It has been theorized that the anti-Christ will actually arise out of the "tribe of Dan."

Right - but that is in the material understanding of man - according to our carnal lives....

But the bible isn't telling us what is going to happen to our 'persons'. It gives us material pictures of spiritual realities so that we might understand in the only way we can....having not seen the unseen all we can be given for assistance is pictures we can relate to.

And the biggest problem that we encounter when trying to decipher the bible's message is when we take what is happening/what is believed/what is apparent FIRST and then apply what it seems to relate to, in the bible, according to what we SEE.

But we must not see with our eyes what we are to understand with our spirits....

God will guide us with His eye - but His ways are not our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts....

There are 12 stones on the breastplate of the Levite priest - and there are 12 gems on the 12 gates of the New Jerusalem...

And if you consider the configuration of the camp in the Wilderness (see Numbers chapter 2) - there is a symbolic picture given of the 'horns of the altar' = the 'altar' being signified by the tribe of 'Asher' (which means happy and is also the middle part of the pronunciation of the name given to Moses at the burning bush - 'I AM that I WILL be - ayer asher ayer ) and so the 'right' horn of the altar is Naphtali and Judah and the 'left' horn of the altar is Dan and Ephraim...

And these two 'horns' are also representations of the two cherubim on the ark of the covenant - facing one another above the mercy seat (which is the 'altar' Asher)...

All they that were numbered in the camp of Dan were an hundred thousand and fifty and seven thousand and six hundred. They shall go hindmost with their standards. ~Numbers 2:31

Note the word 'hindmost' - it is H314 and it means:

generally late or last; specifically (as facing the east) western: - after (-ward), to come, following, hind (-er, -ermost, -most), last, latter, rereward, ut(ter)most.

and it comes from the word H309 which means:

A primitive root; to loiter (that is, be behind); by implication to procrastinate: - continue, defer, delay, hinder, be late (slack), stay (there), tarry (longer).

Note the ideas of 'latter end' and also of 'to tarry.'

This is a direct pointer to the 'remnant' and remember what Christ tells Peter in the last chapter of John? About 'tarrying.'

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
~Matthew 24:27

Read Deuteronomy chapter 32 - this is the 'new song of Moses' mentioned in the book of Revelation - particularly the last half where it speaks of judgment and what-not....

God is giving us an 'expected end' - one of peace and good things - and is the tribe of Dan who bear the standard and bring up the tail end of the host when they march out into battle....

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
~Jeremiah 29:11

And remember that the tabernacle at Shiloh was defiled by the idolatry of the tribe of Dan - but yet we are told that the sceptre will not depart from between Judah's feet until 'Shiloh' come...

That horrible sin of idolatry has been PAID FOR in full...there is no more curse, either, according to the book of Revelation.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If Jesus existed before Adam and Eve, then was he in the human form as both Adam and Eve were?

Humans are created in the Image of God. The Son is created in the Spiritual Image (except during the time of His Physical Image on earth) of what God wanted for His Son and this Spiritual Image significantly resembles human form.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In the beginning was the word and the word became flesh and dwelt with us. Jesus is God. Jesus has came to many a man before us. Now he has a mission for us today.
Greys must die..............

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
queenannie38, your verbal skills are outstanding. I am weak verbally, but good in mathematics. Each person in the world has special gifts!!!

Can you decribe the link or lack of a link between Jesus Christ, Adam & Eve, Dan, the serpent, and the 144,000 in 10 or fewer sentences in your own words?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Humans are created in the Image of God.

Correction: in the image of the likeness of God.

image = reflection
likeness = photo/portrait/statue (you get my meaning, I hope)

So - imagine a 'picture' of God, looking into a mirror - darkly.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Can you decribe the link or lack of a link between Jesus Christ, Adam & Eve, Dan, the serpent, and the 144,000 in 10 or fewer sentences in your own words?

I probably could, GT - but I'm not sure it would make sense to you (or anyone else, for that matter) and I am almost certain it would be immediately counted as naught...

And if I could - and if I were supposed to - I certainly would do as you asked, just because you asked.

But the hidden things are God's things - and I can only go so far in the part in which I have been assigned to work with....I can give clues and I can point out verses and words and meanings....and all that.

BUT revelation is only available directly through the Spirit of God - and of course that is the only one who is absolutely trustworthy. I would never lie to you nor would I venture to speak of anything which hadn't already been decidedly and perfectly proven to me, through God's spirit of revelation - but yet, at the same time, I would never say to you: 'trust me because I can tell you what God says...'

I will only say: 'this is what I know and maybe it will help you some on your path - but please listen to God for He is the ONE to follow and trust - and what He tells you you will know is true....'

And so, if you think on these things (even if they make no sense) and even if you don't think on them....if you truly desire to know, God knows this for He knows your heart...and you can be assured that He WILL reveal these things to you when He knows it is the best time and you are able to receive such.

God bless you, GT.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
In the beginning was the word and the word became flesh and dwelt with us. Jesus is God. Jesus has came to many a man before us. Now he has a mission for us today.
Greys must die..............

What is your definition of grey?

May the Peace that Jesus taught and teaches enter your life.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Humans are created in the Image of God.

Correction: in the image of the likeness of God.

image = reflection
likeness = photo/portrait/statue (you get my meaning, I hope)

So - imagine a 'picture' of God, looking into a mirror - darkly.

"God created man in His image, in the divine image he created him; male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27

Image and likeness can be synonyms, but image is a much more powerful word and would be the choice between the two.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes, but what does verse 1:26 say?!?!

And what translation are you quoting?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Theos).

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh(Jesus), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Genesis 1: 1-3
1 In the beginning God (Elohiym) created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said (Word, i.e. Jesus), Let there be light: and there was light.

The Greek word Theos, used in John 1:1 is a reference to the triunity of God, i.e. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Hebrew word Elohiym, used in Genesis is a reference to the plurality of God.

To answer your question, Jesus existed in the beginning, before the creation of Adam and Eve. They communed with God (Elohiym) until their expulsion from the garden.

Did Adam and Eve repent of their sin? I can find no place in the Bible that expressly states that they did. However, they taught their children to offer sacrifices to God, so IMHO we can safely assume that they did indeed repent. Adam believed God when in Genesis 3: 15 He promised that the seed of the woman would defeat Satan. We know this by verse 20 when Adam calls his wife “Eve” because she was the mother of all living.

Are they in heaven? The Bible teaches that Old Testament saints went to a place called Sheol or Hades. All spirits went there, but the righteous were separated from the evil by a gulf. The story in Luke 16 describes Lazarus and the rich man as seeing each other across the gulf. In Luke 23, the one thief asks Jesus to remember him when He enters His kingdom. Jesus response was “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” The New Testament makes a few references to Jesus descending into Hades. IMHO He took all those righteous spirits to heaven with Him, where they dwell with Him now.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am quoting from the New American Bible. Verse Genesis 1:26 states: "Then God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness'."

You stated the following two definitions:
"image = reflection
likeness = photo/portrait/statue (you get my meaning, I hope)"

Should they not be reversed when you combine Genesis 1:26-27. I believe that image should be the stronger portrayal of a physical form than a reflection and that the Webster's Encylopedic Unabridged Dictionary (published in 2001) rightly gives broader and stronger meaning to image than likeness.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I am quoting from the New American Bible. Verse Genesis 1:26 states: "Then God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness'."

You stated the following two definitions:
"image = reflection
likeness = photo/portrait/statue (you get my meaning, I hope)"

Should they not be reversed when you combine Genesis 1:26-27. I believe that image should be the stronger portrayal of a physical form than a reflection and that the Webster's Encylopedic Unabridged Dictionary (published in 2001) rightly gives broader and stronger meaning to image than likeness.

Since God made Adam and Eve and wanted a perfect relationship with them He would have been with them and instigated the relationship.

When the disobeyed and sin entered, they hid from God. Jesus went searching for them when they were hiding.

Jesus still pursues people today by The Holy Spirit to restore that relationship.

If it was left to us we wouldn't do it and/or do it right. God knows this and doesn't give up on us.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Since God made Adam and Eve and wanted a perfect relationship with them He would have been with them and instigated the relationship.

When the disobeyed and sin entered, they hid from God. Jesus went searching for them when they were hiding.

Jesus still pursues people today by The Holy Spirit to restore that relationship.

If it was left to us we wouldn't do it and/or do it right. God knows this and doesn't give up on us.

God forgived Adam & Eve in less than a fraction of a second. God forgives all in less than a fraction of a second. God is Love, not hatred and vengeance.

What are we going to do in the next second and trillion seconds to Honor God and help create an all-Loving Universe?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Should they not be reversed when you combine Genesis 1:26-27.

Well, I don't know exactly what you mean - but I'm sure Moses meant it as he wrote it...

I believe that image should be the stronger portrayal of a physical form than a reflection and that the Webster's Encylopedic Unabridged Dictionary (published in 2001) rightly gives broader and stronger meaning to image than likeness.

According to Brown-Driver-Briggs (hebrew lexicon):

image =
H6754
צלם
tselem
BDB Definition:
1) image
1a) images (of tumours, mice, heathen gods)
1b) image, likeness (of resemblance)
1c) mere, empty, image, semblance (figuratively)
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from an unused root meaning to shade
Same Word by TWOT Number: 1923a

likeness =
H1823
דּמוּת
demûth
BDB Definition:
1) likeness, similitude (noun feminine)
2) in the likeness of, like as (adverb)
Part of Speech: see above in Definition
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H1819
Same Word by TWOT Number: 437a

According to Strong's:

image =
H6754
צלם
tselem
tseh'-lem
From an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, that is, (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence a representative figure, especially an idol: - image, vain shew.

likeness =
H1823
דּמוּת
demûth
dem-ooth'
From H1819; resemblance; concretely model, shape; adverbially like: - fashion, like (-ness, as), manner, similitude.

You can't apply modern English to Genesis, GT - it just doesn't work...

Think of this:

what do you see in the mrrror? A mirror 'image.'

What do you call a statue or portrait of someone? It is their 'likeness.'

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
~1 Corinthians 13:12

The word 'glass' is the same as 'mirror.'

Adam and Eve were created as a dim reflection of what Christ would later manifest first-hand.

He is the 'express image' of God and they were the reflection of that image...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What are we going to do in the next second and trillion seconds to Honor God and help create an all-Loving Universe?

Forgive one another.

Love one another.

Treasure and care for one another.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join