It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here is a pic of one of the moons of saturn called Iapetus.

Now this looks like a real pic unlike those saturn computor generated images....

www.enterprisemission.com...

Now keep in mind that this moon is orbiting saturn so where is the close up pic of saturn like this moon?

Btw i don't think this pic was meant to be public.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Selfless, I gather that it's important for you not to accept any pictures vrom NASA becasue you think that NASA is hiding something -- like "Spaceship Guys" -- from you.

If your heart is set on not believing NASA pictures are real, then you're not going to be satisfied with anything you see from anyone.

That's your call, of course; you can believe whatever you choose. But if that's the case, why do you keep on asking for photographs just to blow them off?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think maybe it's that with the moons, you're looking at pictures
that are alot closer, than the ones of Saturn.

That, and Saturn is a gas giant, that is it's a giant ball of gas that
may have a small semi-solid core.

Gas giants tend to be more exotic looking than terrestrial plaents,
that can cause the planet to look abnormal, which could make it
look generated to you.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Selfless, I gather that it's important for you not to accept any pictures vrom NASA becasue you think that NASA is hiding something -- like "Spaceship Guys" -- from you.

If your heart is set on not believing NASA pictures are real, then you're not going to be satisfied with anything you see from anyone.

That's your call, of course; you can believe whatever you choose. But if that's the case, why do you keep on asking for photographs just to blow them off?

Yes i have my reasons to not believe nasa but that's not the issue here.

Even if the pics you guys showed me was not from nasa it still doesn't look like real pics to me.

The one i showed on the first post of this thread looks more real to me then any other pics i seen of saturn so far.

But it's not a close up pic and i want a close up pic of saturn, a real pic.

I am not here to act like someone who will denny all the photo's you will show me so please don't stop trying to show me a pic if you still are willing to.

Nasa has the real photo's of saturn close up because cassini went right by saturn so why are there no pics of saturn close up that are real? well i know that answer anyways.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Nasa has the real photo's of saturn close up because cassini went right by saturn so why are there no pics of saturn close up that are real? well i know that answer anyways.

Would you only believe it was real if you saw huge flying saucers like in V surrounding the planet?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Would you only believe it was real if you saw huge flying saucers like in V surrounding the planet?

Funny you would mention that.

Here's a link of supposedly saturn close up with some unidentified objects.

www.thecomingoftan.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just thought it'd be of use to post a picture of Saturn that actually
is a Computer generated one.

This is from a program called Celestia.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't believe these images are genuine. I have never seen a close shot of Saturn yet. Cmon, NASA, where's the real images.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Guys...it may look computer generated to you...but have you EVER been to jupiter? No I think not.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm not understanding the request.

Your term "computer generated" is very misused.

What do you mean by a "real" picture? Where would one take a "real" picture from? A personal spacecraft?

There are plenty of observatories where you can go and have a look at Saturn yourself through a telescope, or you can even purchase one of your own to use in your backyard like I had as a child. Saturn was among the objects we looked at.

Most of the photos come from NASA because guess what? Not that many people are capable of launching spacecraft that can do flybys of other planets. So, if you're talking about that kind of picture, they are the only ones who have them.

If you're complaining about composite images being used... well... what can you do? Most lenses aren't wide enough to photograph an entire planet at once, especially if you want details, so they will get a bit of a "computer generated" look.

There are two types of pictures of a planet. Type 1) Land based. Type 2) Space based. Type 2 will all be from NASA, so I guess you don't like those. Type 1, you can take yourself.

So, again... I'm still confused... being that no one here owns a private spacecraft and can take photos of a celestial body on their own, what exactly are you asking for? We're only going to be able to link you to other pictures that are found in searches and you clearly don't like those.

Wish we could be of more assistance.

[edit on 10-22-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I just thought it'd be of use to post a picture of Saturn that actually
is a Computer generated one.

This is from a program called Celestia.

Yes this is another computor generated image but this pic looks exactly like that pic the guy asked me to trust him that it's a real one...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Djarums,

Yes that's exactly my point, there has to be some close up pics of saturn from cassini because there are some close up pics of the moons of saturn so it means that they do have close up pics of saturn that they did not release publicaly.

The ones i saw from Cassini of saturn have ufo's in them and i am under the impression that they are leaked photo's that were not meant to be public.

So i am asking if any of you out there actually have pics real close up pics of saturn, yes i do realise that, chances are no one have the close up pics that cassini took of saturn but maybe there is a source somewhere with some leaked photo's?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yes this is another computor generated image but this pic looks exactly like that pic the guy asked me to trust him that it's a real one...

Actually there's a good reason they look similiar.

The program I used to get this, has the real pictures taken used for
surfacing, so even though it's not a real-time real-space picture, the
surface, what you're seeing, is actually based/derived from or directly
from a real picture.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's not possible for a craft to approach a gas-giant planet as closely as it can approach a moon.

For a variety of reasons that I'm sure you're well aware of.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Actually there's a good reason they look similiar.

The program I used to get this, has the real pictures taken used for
surfacing, so even though it's not a real-time real-space picture, the
surface, what you're seeing, is actually based/derived from or directly
from a real picture.

Im sorry man but im not convinced this is a real picture of planet saturn, this screams out computor generated all over the place...

A r eal pic of saturn should be as good as the moons of saturn pics it's only logical since they orbit around saturn, cassini should have been able to take a really good picture of saturn that would not look like a bad render project.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
It's not possible for a craft to approach a gas-giant planet as closely as it can approach a moon.

For a variety of reasons that I'm sure you're well aware of.

Wait you mean to tell me that Cassini was controled by a remote control on earth? is this what you are saying?...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm saying that you can not put a spacecraft "up close and personal" with a planet like Saturn or Jupiter. Gravity fields? Atmospheric conditions?

It's a lot easier to snap closeups of a small moon.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I'm saying that you can not put a spacecraft "up close and personal" with a planet like Saturn or Jupiter. Gravity fields? Atmospheric conditions?

It's a lot easier to snap closeups of a small moon.

Ok but still, it could have taken good pics of saturn from a bit more far and it would look real, not like a computor generated image.

Infact i think it would look something like the only pic i saw relatively close of saturn that looks real so far.

Look here is a pic taken from a decent distance of one of the moons of saturn.

Now that looks more real then the pics of saturn.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

Or "Spaceship Gals"...

You make such condescending comments to some good-hearted people. Where have you been? I haven’t heard form you since you used a condescending comment about that fire stomping 747 fleet I told you about Mr. Boeing engineer.

I know you have been around since then, its just this is the first I hae heard from you.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't get it selfless. You ask for pictures of Saturn, on to argue that they can't be real.

There are many excellent pictures of Saturn out there. Yes some are computer generated. Most "real" ones do come from NASA, as was expalined previously here. What more do you want???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join