It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea informs China-3 more nuke tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It appears North Korea is unphased by the sanctions imposed by the UN. They are proceeding at full speed towards their goal of being a Nuclear State!

www.breitbart.com
Quoting U.S. intelligence analysts and officials, CNN and Fox News said U.S. spy satellites have detected activities which could be preparations for nuclear explosion tests at three North Korean sites.

CNN also said that latest U.S. intelligence show that North Korea's missile sites remain at a "very high state of readiness," and Pyongyang could use them "in the next several days."

On Tuesday, NBC News reported that the North Korean military has told China that it intends to conduct a "series of underground nuclear tests."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this doesn't spur the international community to some solid action, nothing will. The missile pads being in a high state of readiness adds to the drama.

The question is: Is drama the intention of the North, or are they intent on violence? The World must remember, Iran is watching!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
One other thought I had on this story. Why, if China is so bent about North Koreas Nuke Tests, are they the first ones to get a phone call about the next ones?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Leave it to n.k.to even raise the regional tensions.As if the tests werent bad enough.Now the're warming up their missiles?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Something does not set right about this whole N. K. nuke thing in general.

It's almost as though the whole thing is too amateur. If you were a leader, would you want to look like a fool in front of the whole world?

Or maybe China (or other dominate power) allows the fool to play with his toys and keep the world entertained while bigger schemes are at play. People love to be entertained and how convenient to keep minds focused on things that seem real but may not be real at all. I don't buy the entertainment.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
People love to be entertained and how convenient to keep minds focused on things that seem real but may not be real at all. I don't buy the entertainment.

I would hope you are right! But if you are not?
Do you have any evidence that the stories about NK are fake and that their leader is not insane? I for one would love to see it. I'm sure South Korea and Japan would like to see it as well. Would that not mean that the entire UN has been fooled as well as all the worlds major news sources. Or it would mean that the media has somehow been convinced to report these lies and keep quiet about it???? How did they get the media to do that? How did they trick the entire Security Council at the UN? How did they fool China and Russia? How exactly did they get the anti-Bush media to cooperate and keep silent? Or does it scare you enough you just don't want to deal with thinking about it?

I'm right now sitting surrounded by Military Bases in a place NK is known to have the ability to reach with its missiles. In fact they allready launched one at us. The remains of the missile were found a while back. Where it was found means they could put one right in my front yard.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Nukes or No Nukes. Kim Jong Il is insane. He doesn't need long rang nukes. He just needs to piss off the rest of the world enough to send troops over so he can nuke his own country to kill the troops. That sir is insane

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I have heard that the missles they have tested so far are not performing as expected. I do believe the guy is a total nut case, but I can name a lot of people in "power" that people would label as insane as well; plenty. I never said the guy is not capable of doing stupid stuff - he has proven to not be so smart. I am more afraid of China, Russia , Mid-Eastern terrorists and my neighbor than that "nut case" that is getting way too much air time. If people coward to people like him they might as well burrow themselves into a hole in the ground.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

"nut case" that is getting way too much air time. If people coward to people like him they might as well burrow themselves into a hole in the ground.

Let us not forget that people called Hitler a 'nut case' not to be bothered with.

Call me a Conspiracy Theorist, but I'm not so sure the ICBM they tested wasn't self destructed by the North Koreans shortly after launch. They needed information for a certain payload. Maybe they got that information, but weren't willing to show their hand.

IF, that were the case, they could very well attempt to mate their nuke to that missile and go for an EMP strike. And even if they can't do it at the moment, they're getting ever closer.

Rather than burrow into a hole in the ground, why not deal with this NOW?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Appeasement all over again.

Kim should not be aloud to get away with this, I have no problem with a country having nuclear capability, but a country with this madman at it's head, madness.

I've said it a thousand times, but I am of the belief that no-one in their right mind would use a nuclear weapon offensively, it's a shame Kim isn't in his right mind.

Looks like we'll have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
North Korea's nuclear test show buys Iran more time to proceed with their nuclear weapon development, were as Pyongyang as the main source of Teheran's ballistic missile technology and this means China will continue to benefit from lucrative oil/gas contracts with Iran.

I see few crazy aspects in all this and more of a Chinese effort in stopping western hegemony plans and expanding their own sphere of influence.

AMERICA'S ACUPUNCTURE POINTS - Asia Times
PART 1: Striking the US where it hurts
PART 2: The assassin's mace

Best to know your weaknesses rather than rationalizing others as crazy,
or you may find you've become the fool and quite possibly a dead one.

November 2006: beginning of the phase of impact of the global systemic crisis

The phase of acceleration consisted of the generalized realization that the global system that we have been familiar with for several decades is changing radically and permanently as the following, now largely recognized, trends for the whole planet illustrate: aggravation of the nuclear crises with North Korea and Iran, general lack of power of the United States on all major crises of these last months, including the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, civil war in Iraq and American stagnation up until at least 2010, growing feeling of the defeat of the West to progress in Afghanistan, collapse of the United States real estate market, increasing volatility of the “hedge funds” system, starting recession of the US economy, aggravation of trade deficits and American payments, on-going weakening of the Dollar, increasing debt of American households.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Jong is beating the global war drums...

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the additional links Regenmacher. They illustrate our weakness's very well. I think our political infighting combined with our 'invincibility complex', could very well put us in serious danger.

top topics

join