It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Scenario Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
A lot of threads started on ATS/BTS are on the subject, or turn into the subject of war scenarios e.g. "Who would win in a war between USA and [insert nation here]"

Now I enjoy reading and commenting on these threads, but they seem to be strewn around different forums randomly. For example a thread entitled - "US vs. Russia us russia supreme power" which is currently residing in the "War on Terrorism" forum(?), or the "It has happened, what are you going to do now ?" thread which was in the Military/security issues forum.

Unfortunately the latter thread didn't go very far because it was heckled by unimaginative posters saying things along the lines of 'What's the point, this isn't going to happen', even though it had been stated that it was just a scenario.

That aside, judging by how well some of the war scenario discussions can bloom, I think that they deserve their own forum;
1. So that people know where to go to find them
2. So that we don't have random 'who would win' threads all over the place
3. So that people can start 'scenario' discussions without being put down by people with no imaginations

What do you think, is this a good idea?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I believe our Staff are looking to have threads that are set on the creation of new Forums here:

ATS,BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

If you take a look through, you'll see a few already mentioned.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
But didn't they also say the only way to get a new forum was to have an overwhelming about of threads asking for it?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ok i'll put it in there

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
But didn't they also say the only way to get a new forum was to have an overwhelming about of threads asking for it?

Well the initial proposal of the forum, should be directed to the link above.

But it is a good idea to create threads on the subject, and simply put a tag on it.

You could create threads like this:

(WAR) Who Would Win Between Canada & Mexico?

The creation of threads like this would indicate to the staff that there is a need for a Forum of this sort. So put that in the title, and be sure to tag it accordingly so the complete list could be found with a click of a button.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There's already a load of these types of threads out there, i'd be more inclined to start one myself if there was a proper forum for it.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
There's already a load of these types of threads out there, i'd be more inclined to start one myself if there was a proper forum for it.

The best thing you can do, IMO, is make your intentions clear in the forum linked above. Try to find a few members who support your cause, and try to create some forums on the subject.

If your creating a thread, for a forum that does not exist already, just put the tag in front of it.

(Automotive Forum) Your Favorite Concept Car

An abundance of forums like this, would indicate our need for a Automotive Forum.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by chissler]

top topics

join