It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is suicide forgivable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Is suicide forgivable? Im speaking in biblical terms...please, someone respond...
Does suicide mean that you're automatically condemed to hell? or can it be forgiven?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yes. The Bible doesn't really talk about suicide much, but if you are a born-again Christian, you cannot lose your salvation. If you put your faith in Jesus, then you will go to heaven. Suicide is a sin because it is robbing God of your life, but like all sins, God will forgive it. There is no unforgivable sin, at least that's what I've been told at church.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Mimbster]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimbster
Yes. The Bible doesn't really talk about suicide much, but if you are a born-again Christian, you cannot lose your salvation. If you put your faith in Jesus, then you will go to heaven. Suicide is a sin because it is robbing God of your life, but like all sins, God will forgive it. There is no unforgivable sin, at least that's what I've been told at church.

thank you...suprisingly enough, that makes me feel better

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Suicide is never an answer. Of course I can only say so much in a short written post that can't begin to help me communicate to you on this matter. I believe that the bible does consider it a sin, but a theological discussion can be much deeper then that.

There is nothing on this Earth that can't be overcome with proper guidance and counseling.

I suggest that if you or someone you know it having problems and is considering something dangerous, please seek some professional help. There are many churches, free services, school counselors, and more. All of whom would be willing to help.

Stay positive.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by what_if_we_could

thank you...suprisingly enough, that makes me feel better

No prob. I go to church on a pretty regular basis and this subject has come up a few times. The Bible says that no matter what sin you commit, God can and will forgive it. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Suicide is never an answer. Of course I can only say so much in a short written post that can't begin to help me communicate to you on this matter. I believe that the bible does consider it a sin, but a theological discussion can be much deeper then that.

There is nothing on this Earth that can't be overcome with proper guidance and counseling.

I suggest that if you or someone you know it having problems and is considering something dangerous, please seek some professional help. There are many churches, free services, school counselors, and more. All of whom would be willing to help.

Stay positive.

thanks for the advice...but i've heard it too many times before...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

No prob. I go to church on a pretty regular basis and this subject has come up a few times. The Bible says that no matter what sin you commit, God can and will forgive it. Good luck.

I think it goes deeper then that. If God puts you here and challenges you with various tasks and trials, then not dealing with those and taking a short cut out is not the answer to having eternal forgiveness.

Strength of character and soul is having the courage to press on in the face of problems. Having the courage to ask for help. And finally, having the courage to accept help.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I think it goes deeper then that. If God puts you here and challenges you with various tasks and trials, then not dealing with those and taking a short cut out is not the answer to having eternal forgiveness.

Strength of character and soul is having the courage to press on in the face of problems. Having the courage to ask for help. And finally, having the courage to accept help.

you have a point...bot sometimes, it seems that no matter how many obsticles you overcome, there's allways one ahead that's much worse..suicide isn't a short cut either, sometimes it's the only way out...did you ever think that sometimes dying is the only way to truly live?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by what_if_we_could
ou have a point...bot sometimes, it seems that no matter how many obsticles you overcome, there's allways one ahead that's much worse..suicide isn't a short cut either, sometimes it's the only way out...did you ever think that sometimes dying is the only way to truly live?

That's called LIFE.

Do you think Moses didn't struggle? There was the troops of Eygpt who chased him and killed his people. There was the wandering and starving in the desert. There was countless hardships put on him AND on the other children of God.

It's is a short cut. If God wanted you to die and be with him, then why doesn't he just give you a heart attack?

I'll tell you. It so you can become stronger by facing challenges here on Earth. So strong that one day, when your soul does face Him...he'll embrace the strength you have attained in spirit. Some believe that if you don't, you'll be reincarnated again and again until you do figure out how to attain the strength of soul.

Dying is easy. Living is hard.

Trust me friend. Talk to a priest about some theology, ok? Just promise to do that and don't do anything rash.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Besides, would you really trust your soul to some nuts on the internet?

Take my advice. Ask someone in the know in real life. If you still feel the same later, you haven't lost anything, right?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Besides, would you really trust your soul to some nuts on the internet?

Take my advice. Ask someone in the know in real life. If you still feel the same later, you haven't lost anything, right?

i honestly have...i go to church every sunday and wednesday, hell, im even a sunday school teacher...i've talked about it so many times...but every time i bring it up, they just end up saying that suicide isn't the key, and no one has ever told me if it was a sin or not

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Suicide is never the answer and I know from experience. I have struggled most of my life with deep and sometimes overpowering depression. Drugs don't seem to help too much, I have tried just about all the psyhcotropic and anti-depressant drugs in the PDR with little effect except bad side-effects. Only my faith in God and the assurance of His presence in my misery sustains me at times; that and hope which you can not dig up out of yourself. It can only come from God and the love and help of other human beings.

I have had suicidal thoughts and at several points in my life I even considered them seriously but I came to understand that killing myself will not end the pain it will only add more pain to those who love me and grieve God as well, something that I am unwilling to do. Please, friend, take my advice and seek help from your pastor or another trusted friend. There is always hope but when you are trapped in your pain and depression it is impossible to see; only with the help and love of others and especially prayer and dependence on God can you find an answer to your problems.

I am praying for you and asking God to speak to you and guide you to help. God bless you,

Sr

P.S. Please, feel to u2u me at any time if I can help or if you just need an ear to listen. Peace.

[edit on 10/18/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
Suicide is never the answer and I know from experience. I have struggled most of my life with deep and sometimes overpowering depression. Drugs don't seem to help too much, I have tried just about all the psyhcotropic and anti-depressant drugs in the PDR with little effect except bad side-effects. Only my faith in God and the assurance of His presence in my misery sustains me at times; that and hope which you can not dig up out of yourself. It can only come from God and the love and help of other human beings.

I have had suicidal thoughts and at several points in my life I even considered them seriously but I came to understand that killing myself will not end the pain it will only add more pain to those who love me and grieve God as well, something that I am unwilling to do. Please, friend, take my advice and seek help from your pastor or another trusted friend. There is always hope but when you are trapped in your pain and depression it is impossible to see; only with the help and love of others and especially prayer and dependence on God can you find an answer to your problems.

I am praying for you and asking God to speak to you and guide you to help. God bless you,

Sr

thankyou for the prayer..

new topics

top topics

join