It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the US accept NK's declaration of war?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
While I understand it takes two to tango with, it seems odd to me that North Korea had declared war against the US and the US has not responded to it?

My question for this thread is specifically why won't the US accept NK's statements for what they are, a declaration of war.

I am an American and I feel that my life and the lives of others might be threatened by the instability of the PRNK. We should not let NK bully us around, if they are able to bully us around soon others will bully us to.

North Korea should possess a nuclear warhead as much as the mentally inept should possess driver's licenses. The fact that the world is silent on this issue should just be more reason to act.

If North Korea wants war let's war, If they want to start the war let's make sure we can finish it. If they want nukes why don't we give them nukes(from 40,000 feet!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm sick of hearing of Kim Jung Il and I'm sure there are plenty others out there that are tired of hearing him too, now is our chance to shut him up.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
well..

he's not worth starting World War III over

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Who's to say it would turn into WW3? China and Russia couldn't afford to go against us in a world war, if they did we wouldn't pay them back

Seriously though, whoever says this is going to be the next World War needs to pull their face out of a Newsweek and smell the coffee!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Uhmm I guess... War? Not now though seriously, why? What would be the point. Were still in Iraq, maybe we should finish one stupid war before going on another.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
IF we bogged ourselves down in Nkorea,
We wont have enough forces to live up to our treaties.

countries will realise this, and run a muck.
If theres no security on the block, the theives will steal.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Loworbit, I couldnt agree more....We shouldnt let NK act the way they have been recently. The worst thing we could do is show the rest of the world that we are soft. If we do, we will have everyother country trying to push us around. They want us to aid them, they want money.....yet they hate us.....ehh Its been awhile since we tested a nuke, lets show them how its done...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Perhaps the U.S. has'nt taken NK's statement seriously because of the wording.
Maybe they have to specifically state " we declare war on the united states at this time" or something along those lines.

I mean Nk said that IF sanctions were imposed it would be a declaration of war BY the United states right? Not them. Therefore I guess they don't have to declare it, because after sanctions are imposed they assume that WE have declared war on THEM.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
North Koreans are crazy. I'd rather starve so I can have a Nuclear weapon. Thats they're mentality. And why do they need a nuclear weapon? Do they have anything anyother country wants not really. Whos going to ever attack them if they don't prevoke them, no one cause they are about as usefull as the warts on my ass. NK is just jelouse that nobody pays attention to them, every few years they bluff the world for attention and well anything else they can get without having to beg for it. THey suck. Do they really think anybody would support their war. Do they think china's going to let them light one off that close to their border. Do they realize that if the world cuts them off they will literally die from starvation. NK Sucks.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
North Koreans are crazy. I'd rather starve so I can have a Nuclear weapon. Thats they're mentality. And why do they need a nuclear weapon? Do they have anything anyother country wants not really. Whos going to ever attack them if they don't prevoke them, no one cause they are about as usefull as the warts on my ass. NK is just jelouse that nobody pays attention to them, every few years they bluff the world for attention and well anything else they can get without having to beg for it. THey suck. Do they really think anybody would support their war. Do they think china's going to let them light one off that close to their border. Do they realize that if the world cuts them off they will literally die from starvation. NK Sucks.

They are starving now.And there isnt much else left to be cut off from. If you break the laws,or speak out against the govt there you get put into a prison camp.You can be put into a camp for speaking on your cellphone. The people are told from the time they are born that we are the devil,and all their problems exist because of us. North korea is the oppitomy(sp?) of a gov't controlled state. It is not the people that are crazy,and would rather starve,its their leader. Please direct your criticism at the appropriate figures when speaking badly about a nation.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Trust me, the United States is not worried about North Korea. Our leaders know what Kim Jong Il is; he may be crazy, but he's not stupid enough to start a war with anyone,mush less the U.S.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
The people are told from the time they are born that we are the devil,and all their problems exist because of us.

If you read a large proportion of US posters views on this board, it seems the same applies the other way round too.

TG

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
if they test another nuclear weapon there has to be some military action, they cant be allowed to keep doing these tests. the west is being too far too soft, something needs to be done NOW!!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG
if they test another nuclear weapon there has to be some military action, they cant be allowed to keep doing these tests. the west is being too far too soft, something needs to be done NOW!!

Trust me, if China doesn't act first,America will.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There's no need to declare war. You've been at war with them for over 50 years. There is a ceasfire in place, but the war never ended.

Having said that, there is this comment that made me think:

China and Russia couldn't afford to go against us in a world war, if they did we wouldn't pay them back

Thats probably the reason, just in reverse. America can't afford for China to pull the plug and China can't afford to the plug, just yet anyway...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why doesnt the US attack NK. Umm lets see.

Afghanistan, strategic position and opium.

Iraq, strategic position and oil.

North Korea,

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

America can't afford for China to pull the plug and China can't afford to the plug, just yet anyway...

I don't understand what you are saying can you explain?

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Why doesnt the US attack NK. Umm lets see.

Afghanistan, strategic position and opium.

Iraq, strategic position and oil.

North Korea,

That's easy the prize is Kim Jung Il, Hopefully a bullet can end this conflict.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The US has more than enough military strength to destroy north korea in a few weeks or months. We do not even need ground troops to shut them down to cave man days.

The problem with North Korea is that it has 100's of artilliary and rockets that can reach Soul in a matter of minutes. This would kill many millions of South Koreans.

The US could defeat North Korea in short notice, but not without millions of dead South Koreans in the opening hours and days from NK artilliary.

North Korea also has tons of chemical weapons that would be used on those artilliary and rockets and Soul would be a waste land at the begining of such a war.

After that the USAF would slowly destroy NK Command and Control and quickly shut down thier Air Power. After that the ground troops would become target practice for guided weapons and aircraft unmatched in the world.

Sadly the only way to defeat NK massive artilliary and rocket divisions would be a massive no notice blitz of nuclear bombs and missiles droped on them. This would also cost many, many, many innocent NK thier lives.

Defeating NK is an easy matter for the US, even now with Iraq and Afganistan wars. The vicotry would come at the loss of millions of linnocent civilian ives which thus far is unacceptable to the US.

NK is making nukes now and that may tip the scales if a US president fears NK could sell them to terrorists that would use them in the US, or possible NK using them on the US. If faced with that situation most American Presidents would likely take the risk of losing millions of Koreans before allowing NK to threaten the US with nukes in any form.

Kim is Ill is putting the world in a perilous position. I do not think the US governemnt will allow NK to have the capability to nuke the US by any means.

We should all pray that Kim is Ill will back off the nukes cause I know the US wont back down.

America cannot afford to be too tough, or do small strikes on NK nuclear tech since it would likely mean the death of Soul, SK and all its inhabitants. Should the US ever premptive strike NK it will likely include a limited nuclear attack on any areas with artilliary that can strike Soul, since only a WMD can effectively eliminate the threat on Soul in time to prevent or greatly limit NK wave of attacks on Soul.

There is no good options here other than getting China to get their lap dog in order.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Xeven]

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think it's because. as has been said, we're already stretched thing
with the middle-east.

And for whatever reason, perhaps he realizes he's only a few steps
from being publicly executed by the world, Bush wants to go through international/diplomatic channels first.

Trust me though, if N. Korea were to fire a nuke at us or Japan,
or even S. Korea, that's it for them, they'll be as good as dead.

I think it's to that China, apart from being economically poweful,
has over 100 nuclear weapons, and the means to deliver them.
And if We'd have attacked them two weeks ago, well China would
have gotten pissed, and may well hasve decided to attack.

Or, it could be because we have the most missile defense system on
the planet, and considering the N. Korean missiles are incredibly
obsolete, that there's little threat.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just for grins…where exactly can I find a formal declaration of war by North Korea against the US?

The ‘Korean War’ was a UN action....fyi.

mg

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't understand what you are saying can you explain?

I beleive what he's saying is, as we are dependant on China for
the vast majority of our imported goods, as they to are dependant
on us buying their goods.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by iori_komei]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join