It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA for a planet's design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Try to imagine this... (hang in there, I won't make this too long)

Humans, although similar in nature, are specifically defined by their DNA. How humans grow and evolve is fingerprinted in each cell. The rest of the animals and plants have a similar makeup, but less complex.

Do you think this same concept exists for planets? I'm not saying as a protein base, but rather as a spacetime signature, quantum signature, atomic signature, or something similar.

Think of a planet. Is the shape that you see when you imagine a planet a cube? "No" you say? Why? You could try to reverse reason and say that gravity squishes all of the atomic material into a very large sphere-like shape.

So now think... why? Why is it uniform? Why is it always the same? Stars and planets seem to all look the similar because their design WORKS! But maybe we are looking at it the wrong way. We are only looking at what reasons we have found through a lot of trial, error, and experience... but not intellectual insight.

Here's my reasoning... before the discovery of DNA, it was believed that we were similar, but the reasons were not so unified. We had parents that looked a certain way, so we looked a certain way. Elephants had elephants for parents and baby elephants resulted. Same with plants. Same with solar systems. *stop the music*

What if the Earth is NOT an accident. What if it is a design? It is a stable planet that life can exist on BY DESIGN. I know we have theories on intelligent design, but those assume God. What if (whether or not God is involved) planets, solar systems, galaxies, are designed and fingerprinted on a very real, solid, and physical level?

I've heard of designer babies, but only movies/books like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy deal with designer planets. However, I'm thinking of the problem on a very realistic level.

Gravity, electromagnetism, strong and weak nuclear forces... are these the building blocks for planetary DNA?

Where do you think we might find Planetary DNA? And how do we read the blueprint?

Images from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yes, in fact you're exactly right. That's exactly what goes on. That's exactly how everything works. The universe is omnisentient. Everything is planned and pre-planned. Keep up the good thought. =) Don't be afraid of God... the omni-sentient creation Creator... that's what you're explaining.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

How humans grow and evolve is fingerprinted in each cell. The rest of the animals and plants have a similar makeup, but less complex.

Human's evolution can be seen in mitochondrial DNA. It marks the major changes in the human genome. If I remember correctly, our current mitochondrial DNA dates back nearly 100,000 years. -Do a google search on "mitochondrial EVE".
But I wouldn't dare say that the makeup of humans cells or DNA are any more complex than any other animal or plant.

Do you think this same concept exists for planets? I'm not saying as a protein base, but rather as a spacetime signature, quantum signature, atomic signature, or something similar.

and

Where do you think we might find Planetary DNA? And how do we read the blueprint?

Yes, I believe this is true, but not on a quantum level.
You know how you tell the age, health and cycles of trees and horses? You check the rings in the center.
I believe this is no different to planets.
I believe "Rings" around the planets crust travel to the core. The deeper the layer, the older it is. Every layer shows the planets history, environmental changes, etc.
Every planet's rings and layers would differ from one-another. This would be it's "signature".

As for the rest of what you said...thats really not my area.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protector
The rest of the animals and plants have a similar makeup, but less complex.

Human DNA is no more complex than many other organisms' DNA.

Yes, the same thing does exist. The planets features are determined by physical processes in coordination with the basic elements that make it up.

[qute]Is the shape that you see when you imagine a planet a cube? "No" you say? Why?
Because of gravity.

So now think... why? Why is it uniform? Why is it always the same?

Because of gravity.

Stars and planets seem to all look the similar because their design WORKS!

They look similar when its the same materials under the same conditions.

But maybe we are looking at it the wrong way. We are only looking at what reasons we have found through a lot of trial, error, and experience... but not intellectual insight.

Quite a bit of insight went into understanding the physical universe. The "Newton sitting under an apple tree" allegory is apt.

What if the Earth is NOT an accident. What if it is a design? It is a stable planet that life can exist on BY DESIGN.

Please demonstrate this.
We knew nothing about DNA until man worked to figure it out and demonstrate his ideas about it.

What if (whether or not God is involved) planets, solar systems, galaxies, are designed and fingerprinted on a very real, solid, and physical level?

They are, they're determined by the laws of physics operating upon their materials under certain conditions. That results in the features. Same with humans.

Gear
But I wouldn't dare say that the makeup of humans cells or DNA are any more complex than any other animal or plant.

Human DNA is more complex than lots of other organisms' DNA. Some organisms only have short segements of DNA and a handful of genes. They're complex, but not as complex as human DNA. But human DNA isn't the most complex in the world, to my knowledge, nor is it the biggest.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have been told by the Great Ones that each planet is seeded in other words all Lifeforms DNA, plants, minerals and all compositions of a particular planet are stored in its memory composition. Each planet is a living entity and has what we would call a spirit. Contrary to popular believe the majority of the mountains have been grown yes you read it right grown. The Great Ones were the first intellegent humanoid beings to walk on this planet Earth. They passed thru the rocks from the other side, yes another dimension linked to the seeded structure of Earth. All living lifeforms transsended from the mineral based rocks. You say, proove what you say. The proof is closer then you think. The Great Ones used nano technology, quantum physics and knew the atomic signature and structure of everything. Our Sun, a star, of course is a generator or lifeline of the planets in our Solar System. The Sun is neither fision or fusion like most surmize, it is an energy force that have scientists scratching their heads on how it works. The Great Ones have said life is not what you think. You say since I seem to know the answers to everything who originally seeded or created this Earth? Here is the answer ___ _______.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
I have been told by the Great Ones that each planet is seeded in other words all Lifeforms DNA, plants, minerals and all compositions of a particular planet are stored in its memory composition.

So 'the great ones' still walk the earth? Theyre not bored yet? Who are they? What do they look like?

Originally posted by rikriley Each planet is a living entity and has what we would call a spirit. Contrary to popular believe the majority of the mountains have been grown yes you read it right grown.

Ive heard this type of thing before. Im not convinced. All known life moves, reproduces, senses, gains nutrition, excretes, respires, and grows (M.R.S. N.E.R.G.). The Earth does one of these things for definate (Moves, although not of its own will, but due to the gravity of the Sun, so it doesnt count), and the others cannot be proven or disproven apart from the reproduction one. The Earth is not alice, no matter how a romantic concept it may seem.

Originally posted by rikriley The Great Ones were the first intellegent humanoid beings to walk on this planet Earth. They passed thru the rocks from the other side, yes another dimension linked to the seeded structure of Earth. All living lifeforms transsended from the mineral based rocks.

But how can rocks become alive? They do not reproduce, they cannot evolve (even though i dont believe in Evolution), so how did it happen?

Originally posted by rikriley You say, proove what you say. The proof is closer then you think. The Great Ones used nano technology, quantum physics and knew the atomic signature and structure of everything.

Only God knows everything. What is the 'great ones' using nano-technology and quantum physics supposed to prove?

Originally posted by rikrileyOur Sun, a star, of course is a generator or lifeline of the planets in our Solar System.

Agreed.

Originally posted by rikrileyThe Sun is neither fision or fusion like most surmize, it is an energy force that have scientists scratching their heads on how it works.

Ive wondered about that...

Originally posted by rikrileyThe Great Ones have said life is not what you think. You say since I seem to know the answers to everything who originally seeded or created this Earth? Here is the answer ___ _______.

And what is that supposed to mean exactly? Two lines seeded the Earth?

Please reply, im interested.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Great Ones were and are known as the greatest peace loving and technological advaced race to ever walk on this great planet Earth. The most beautifully perfect human beings that have ever been seen or created. Pure knowledge and wisdom did and do they possess. The Great Ones are by no means bored but are disappointed in mankind today. Mankind has forgotten the basic principles set forth in motion for them today. By what other name are the Great Ones called, the Lumerians existing on Earth as far back as 1.4 million years and as recent as 50,000 years ago. You ask, you refer to the Lumerians in the past and present what is with that? this will be explained as I progressively give you further information.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Contrary to what you have read and have been told the Earth is alive. Not what you would think and interpret life to be in human or biological terms. But a much more complex structured lifeform and sophisticated integrated living unit.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
___ _______ Our Creator You ask who is Our Creator? No matter what I would tell you it might not be right for you. We humans tend to create our own realities within our own minds.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by rikriley]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
___ _______ Our Creators [edit on 19-10-2006 by rikriley]

Ken & Barbie

I filled in the blanks and look, it fits!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
'the aliens' fits too!

I can accept the earth is alive, only just. In the sense that it may posess some kind of spirit.

I often wonder about 'peace loving' wise people and aliens.
I'd like to think a truly wise person is neutral, in a loving way. Much like god seems to be.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ken and Barbie, that is funny what a great since of humor

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
what, australians really say gday? O.o

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The only way to know everything about earth is if they can actually travel to the center of earth. Maybe it is a firey core....maybe it is the garden of eden or something?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well, the sheer volume of human DNA is the difficulty. Sure, we have the same genetic markers, but here's the difference. If I said, you need to eat a pumpkin pie, you would probably say, "No problem." If I said you need to eat a pumpkin pie the size of New York, you'd probably have a problem with that. All I'm getting at, if you couldn't tell, is that the basic ingredients are simple, but the size of the human code is very large and takes a long time to decipher.

Yes, I believe this is true, but not on a quantum level.

I agree. I don't think it is on a level that small, but I don't want to limit the possibility, if it is indeed a valid hypothesis.

You know how you tell the age, health and cycles of trees and horses? You check the rings in the center.
I believe this is no different to planets.
I believe "Rings" around the planets crust travel to the core. The deeper the layer, the older it is. Every layer shows the planets history, environmental changes, etc.
Every planet's rings and layers would differ from one-another. This would be it's "signature".

That makes sense to me, but I think that descibes what DID happen, not what WILL happen. Know what I mean? DNA describes how something WILL develop. On a planetary level, we won't be able to predict astroid collisions, but we might be able to determine whether a planet will ever be able to support life, whether it could support an atmosphere, what its primary elements are/will be. Think if you could read piece of paper with a Planet's Signature and know exactly where to find iron ore, diamonds, coal, oil, etc. It could easily prove invaluable... and valuable at the same time.

How much would you pay for a chart of every natural resource on the planet?

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Protector]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes, the same thing does exist. The planets features are determined by physical processes in coordination with the basic elements that make it up.

My point is NOT to hold the status quo on planetary creation... it is to put out a hypothesis that the "physical processes" are actually determined by a planetary genetic blueprint/fingerprint, similar to how animal's internal systems are developed in the same manner. I'm NOT saying the laws of physics don't apply. I'm saying that the planets MAY use a specific mapping for, say, the amount of volcanic activity, the density of certain elements, the variety of elements, the likely hood of water on the planet's surface (or ice or steam). We could MAYBE look through a telescope and get a gravitational signature and determine if that planet ever COULD support life.

Originally posted by ProtectorIs the shape that you see when you imagine a planet a cube? "No" you say? Why?

Because of gravity.

Even with gravity, I'd still think it would be possible to have lopsided planets. Of course, there may be some and we haven't seen them yet. Never-the-less, the idea was a thought experiment. I do think that in most cases, a planet WILL always be roundular/spherical.

Quite a bit of insight went into understanding the physical universe. The "Newton sitting under an apple tree" allegory is apt.

What does Newton have to do with this? Are you saying I need to be hit in the head to understand gravity?

I know some things about gravity. Truthfully, not much more than an average college physics student, but enough. Perhaps you're not interested in the spirit of the hypothesis.

Originally posted by ProtectorWhat if the Earth is NOT an accident. What if it is a design? It is a stable planet that life can exist on BY DESIGN.

Please demonstrate this.

Read my post before this one. Think of element density across a planet, development cycles and volcanic activity, atmospheric conditions, the makeup of the core, the number of contrasting layers, ability to support life, gravitational fluxuations (how often the poles flip), likelihood of earthquakes/planetquakes. It could be some of these things, it could be all, or it could be none.

Originally posted by ProtectorWhat if (whether or not God is involved) planets, solar systems, galaxies, are designed and fingerprinted on a very real, solid, and physical level?

They are, they're determined by the laws of physics operating upon their materials under certain conditions. That results in the features. Same with humans.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Haha, well I understand everything you're putting forth. It is very skeptical and realistic point of view. However, I'm going for "out of the box". I applaud your effort and largely agree with you.

At this point, the only way to prove it would be possible is to find a place where such markers could exist (which is extremely difficult). However, if we run on the same assupmtions as DNA existing in each cell, it could be asserted that each piece of a planet will have a signature tucked away inside. Thus, each piece of stone, and perhaps humans, too (unless we are more like a virus) are coded with the planet's makeup. What that code would look like, who knows???

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

How humans grow and evolve is fingerprinted in each cell.

Nah, only to a certain point. Fenotype = Genotype + Envoironment (sp?)
Where, fenotype is the external appearance of something, and genotype is your genome (ie. all of your DNA).

The rest of the animals and plants have a similar makeup, but less complex.

All higher level eucaryotes have the same complex composition of cells, DNA-machinery and so on. Only minor things are different.

Here's my reasoning... before the discovery of DNA, it was believed that we were similar, but the reasons were not so unified. We had parents that looked a certain way, so we looked a certain way. Elephants had elephants for parents and baby elephants resulted. Same with plants. Same with solar systems. *stop the music*

That's like saying an original Guci bag is almost the same as a copy Guci bag, just because they both look the same. Their creators are totally different.

What if the Earth is NOT an accident. What if it is a design? It is a stable planet that life can exist on BY DESIGN. I know we have theories on intelligent design, but those assume God. What if (whether or not God is involved) planets, solar systems, galaxies, are designed and fingerprinted on a very real, solid, and physical level?

Now you really are bringing a god into this.

I've heard of designer babies, but only movies/books like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy deal with designer planets.

Not at all. NASA has big plans for terraforming Mars, they only need the funding.

Gravity, electromagnetism, strong and weak nuclear forces... are these the building blocks for planetary DNA?

In the same way a hammer, wood and nails can composes a shelf.

In a physics book.

Human's evolution can be seen in mitochondrial DNA. It marks the major changes in the human genome. If I remember correctly, our current mitochondrial DNA dates back nearly 100,000 years.

No it doesnt. mitochondrial DNA has just been more vital for organisems, that most changes are lethal.

And its actually a few billion years, dating back to the first complex eucaryote cells.

top topics

join