It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Phone Call..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Lately I've been getting phone calls from a weird number. When I pick up, the person hangs up. When it goes to answering machine, the person hangs up. You can't hit *69 to see who it was, it just says hang up and try again. The number is something I've never seen, 000-000-0000..

Look for yourself..

That's from my caller ID about 20 or so minutes ago. I don't know what to make of this. Has it happened to anybody else?

P.S. If this is on the wrong board, I apologize. I didn't know where to put it.

EDIT: Sorry for the poor quality picture too, took it with my camera phone.

[edit on 10/14/2006 by DickBinBush]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Could it be something wrong with the phone or phone company? I've never seen that before. Have you tried contacting the phone company to see what it could be?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No I haven't contacted them yet. I don't think it's the phone. The phone is just fine, it's not very old. It's never had problems like that before.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Google this: phone number 000-000-0000

Other people are reporting this issue.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Telemarketers use 000-000-0000 numbers to hide there numbers

[edit on 14-10-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ah yes, I've had that problem also a few months back. Eventually they just stopped though...

You really should just call your phone company and tell them about it.

May I ask why you put this in Paranormal?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul_failure
May I ask why you put this in Paranormal?

I really have no clue why

I didn't know where to put it so I'm hoping the mods move it to wherever it fits best.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I heard someplace that bill collectors sometimes employ auto-dialers with caller ID masking devices and are programmed to leave a message with a 'live' answerer only - though that doesn't explain why it hangs up on you - maybe you sound 'electronic'. Anyway - no reflection on your 'credibility' per se, these auto-dialers are notorious for calling through thousands of numbers at a session and many called numbers are admittedly wrong/obsolete, etc. A friend this was a form of 'pee-gagging', a creditor term referring to methods designed to barely skirt harrasment laws but still annoy the hell out of folks in an effort to get them to cough up sum dough.

Good luck - let us know if you find out anything...

new topics

top topics

join