It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration - Food Stamps in 4 Hours Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For all those who say that illegal immigration does not cost you - the taxpayer - anything, take a look at this article from the LA Times.

LA Times Article

Though it goes against the conventional wisdom of anti-illegal immigration supporters, those who enroll the poor in the federal food stamp program say they've struggled for years to get immigrant Latino families signed up.

Now a Spanish-language news report and television ad campaign have spurred thousands of immigrants in Orange County over the last several weeks to contact a nonprofit organization that offers a Spanish-language class called "Food Stamps in Four Hours."

The stream of immigrants contrasts sharply with what was going on just a few months ago when only a handful of immigrants would attend the free course.

Unfortunately, few can understand what is said on the spanish lanuguage radio. If they did, no doubt the outrage would spread like wildfire.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
OF COURSE illegals cost us taxpayers millions upon millions.

The free medical care in the hospitals.
The free schooling for the children of illegals.
The added cost of law enforcement.

There was a thread here that went into that in detail. The costs of illegals upon the American tax payers. I'll have to see if I can dig that up. It would be very enlighteing for those who say illegals don't cost America anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Free food would do the trick.

I agree, they cost us millions upon millions and nobody to stop it.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The State of California loses roughly 7 Billion dollars a year due to illegal immigrants. The outflow of money just through family members sending it across the border is staggering. In fact, family money sent across the border is a huge benefit to Mexico, bigger than tourism and oil.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Obama really is trying to destroy us isn't he?
Do they get voters registration cards with that or is it a la carte?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Didnt realized this thread was so old....
edit on 19-7-2012 by dayve because: NVM

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Obama really is trying to destroy us isn't he? Do they get voters registration cards with that or is it a la carte?

I don't know, ask Bush.

If you weren't in such in a hurry to bash Obama you might have notice this thread is from 2006. The Bush years.

edit on 19-7-2012 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join