It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim-Jong-Il's fav movie: Friday the 13th!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Know thine enemy.

That should be the first tenant of any responsible foreign policy. And it should be the first endeavor us armchair quarterbacks ought to do before delving in what or what not the U.S. should do in regards to N.K.'s test.

So this thread will be a rundown of anything anyone can find on the traits or personalities of Kim Jong-Il -- from the general to the specific (ATTN CIA, NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE TO ATS INSTEAD OF JUST MONITORING US).

I will start the ball rolling with what I found:

From noted psychologist Jerrold Post

1. Kim inherited charisma and demagogury from father Kim Il-Song
  2. But not a fighter, nation-builder or ideology-creator like his father
  3. Suffers from major insecurity -- "Succeeding a father of God-like stature is psychologically impossible"
  4. Calls for poverty and sacrifice among populace while he lives hedonistic lifestyle
  5. Kim spent upwards of $800,000 annually on Hennessy Cognac between 89-99 while av citizen makes $900 a year
  6. Uses junior high girls in "joy brigades" as prostitutes for senior officials

30% of NK's GDP spent on military

Born in Siberia gulag where his father was groomed by the soviets

An estimated 150,000-200,000 persons are believed to be held in detention camps in remote areas for political reasons

NK Assessment

1. The "Great Leader's" son, the 52-year-old "Dear Leader" Kim Jong Il, is his successor and is regarded by some as at least as dangerous as his father. Indeed, he is not only seen as just as ruthless and hostile, but also a very strange personality. Some observers have speculated that he might even be psychotic. He is also blamed, rightly or not, for managing some of the terrorist acts of the North Korean state
  2. Kim Jong Il is known as a bizarre personality, surrounded perhaps by sycophants
  3. It is not certain what he might do in a stressful crisis or wartime situation, particularly if he felt his power and life threatened
  4. Unfortunately, irrational leaders do appear on the world scene from time to time. Further, as the saying goes, just because you are paranoid, does not mean someone is not out to get you. North Korean fears of preemption are not entirely misplaced, especially if their behavior appears both irrational and very threatening as Pyongyang approaches entry into the nuclear club. Shrill, bizarre, and threatening North Korean behavior could prompt others to take preemptive action

[Korean citizen's] bodies were underdeveloped and malnourished due to the famine and the fact that Kim Jong Il routes humanitarian aid to the military, while starving his own people

It was reported on CNN last night that Kim Jong-Il has a movie studio lot behind his palace that rivals that of Universal Studios lots. It's where his propaganda machine makes movies for the leader. He also apparently has a massive video collection of some 20,000 titles -- all from Hollywood or S. Korean cinema.

Some of his favorite movies include Friday the 13th (should we be worried today?), Sean Connery's James Bond, Amistad (and other Oscar-winning movies) and Gone with the Wind.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by behindthescenes]

[edit on 13-10-2006 by behindthescenes]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
wow...i really thought this thread would take off....

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I know this is a serious thread and not to make light of Kim jong Il the guy is a sick physcopathic killer and despot but ever since I saw the movie Team America- American Heros I will never look at the guy the same again....when I see him on tv now he is like a parody of himself and if not for the evil things he has done I cant see how any world leader much less anybody in his country can take the guy seriously.....hopefully he will be gone soon and replaced by someone who cares about the N. Korean people.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Now on a more serious note N. korea nukes but no electricity.
dailymail.co.uk

[edit on 13-10-2006 by etshrtslr]

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's an interesting documentary about the training Kim Jong-Il's bodyguards are expected to endure.

It's pretty frightening actually. Shoot 8 targets in under 1 minute -- all through the heart?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Brilliant Leader's home movie

Dear Leader Comrade Generalissimo Kim Jong Il is the great brilliant commander of Songun, the invincible strategist twenty-eight thousand times victorious against the criminal US imperialist, the reactionary Japanese militarists, and the US-puppet south Korean dictatorship. Under the flawless Songun-based leadership of Dear Leader Comrade Generalissimo Kim Jong Il the brilliant statesman, political genius, prodigious humanist, and invincible military commander, the Korean people vow eternal undying loyalty of single-minded unity to the leader, pledging to hurl their lives at the outsider aggressors in defence of the leader who is more precious than their own lives.

top topics

join