It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annan calls for direct U.S. -N. Korean talks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan on Wednesday urged the United States to talk directly to North Korea, which Washington again refused to do, and called Pyongyang's reported nuclear test "unacceptable."

He spoke as members of the Security Council negotiated on a resolution that would impose an arms embargo and some financial sanctions on North Korea in response to the test.

U.S. and North Korea should talk," he said. "I've always argued that we should talk to parties whose behavior we want to change, whose behavior we want to influence."

What I don't understand is why the one on one?
What is so secret that Kim doesn't want the six party talks?
Why is he so consumed with only wanting him and President Bush? Sounds to me like he just wants to control something there. Like its a power struggle thing.
Is he afraid that having the six party talks others won't agree with him?
and when its him and President Bush he can turn the words around and say anything. I think its better for the six party.

more can be found here.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Shar]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe he likes Bush.
You know he has fetishes in his weird life.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have heard that he is really in awe of the American way of life. I don't know what is going through this man's mind. I don't think he is going to receive any headway with the current administration though.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In awe of the American way of life. I think we the Americans are in awe of their way of life. Still that dosen't explain why he want's one on one with President Bush. Doesn't explain why he wants to skip the six party talks. Makes no sense.

Does anyone have any answers to these questions I'm asking?

new topics

top topics

join