It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings everyone! My first post...and a question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hello all,

I just found this site last week and finally decided to register tonight. I've had a strange fascination with cryptozoology and the paranormal for many years now, and have been scouring the internet for info.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear the opinions of you folks about something. Of all the Cryptozoological beasts that there is some evidence for out there today, which do you think has the highest probability of actually exsisting and being found someday? Nessie? Bigfoot? Champ? etc...
Also, of all of them, which would be the most fascinating to you, personally?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Greetings SZO, welcome to ATS!

As for your questions. I'm not massively into this subject, so I can't offer a very broad response. I'm also perhaps a little biased, as I live only a ten/fifteen minute drive from Loch Ness

The least I can say, is that I've heard enough first-person accounts of Nessie sightings, and seen enough still/video evidence to convince me there is at least something in the Loch that is above the normal. Perhaps this would be the most fascinating to me, I dunno, I think any Cryptozoological discovery would be fascinating!!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Yes, I agree. I think ANY discovery, and I mean real proof, would really blow open the doors of science.

If they did find something in Loch ness, or Lake Champlain, or wherever, it would be huge. Not only because of the significance of the individual find, but then it would open people's minds to what ELSE might be out there too. Imagine what a different view the scientific community would take on cryptozoology if just one creature was found? They wouldn't be able to just deny something because it sounded outlandish.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Indeed, it would throw doubt over any other dis-proving of theories. The question "If this one's for real, what's to say the other's aren't" would be rife.

I look forward to the day, and just hope it happens in my time

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just curious, but how exactly do you think living near the loch has "biased" you? If anything, i'd think you'd be able to make a more educated guess than almost anyone about if anything is living in there. Have you personally ever seen anything?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'd love to see bigfoot. Like I said before, Washington is full of weird things, but bigfoot has also been spotted in other parts of the country as well as in other countries. So I think it would be interesting to figure out the anatomy and survival styles of bigfoot. However, the loch ness monster would also be something I'd like to have seen before my lifes end. I believe it is either Boise State University or the University of Idaho, that has a class devoted to cryptozoology.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think that bigfoot is the most plausible creature out there, it doesn't really seem that strange to me, maybe because I think of it as a large ape.

And I find the chupacarba as the most fascinating cryptid, it has that horror movie like image to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
While Nessie and Champ, Mokelemobembe, etc. intrique me more, seems like the most evidence is there for Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
edited by myself for not having anything to actually contribute to this thread.

please flog me with a smoked salmon.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe that Bigfoot has the highest chance of discovery; there is so much evidence and research being done, that it'd be only a matter of time.

As with Bigfoot, people have to remember that two "new" animals were discovered in Cambodia with the last year or so (even though the locals had stories about them), the gorilla and panda discovered roughly 100 years ago (even though the locals had stories about them)... and marine biologists are discovering new species roughly 3 a week.

And for the best example of an impossibility... the ceol(???)... that bony fish found of Madacasgar. As mankind continues to push into the "wilds", we will surely "find" animals of legend...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I would have to go with bigfoot too. Especially after the recent forensics examination of a found footprint

top topics

join