It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Drone Missile Killed Qaeda Suspects in Yemen Car Blast

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I really think you have problems with abstract thought A.R. and should possibly consider taking some courses in the psychology of language.

Q.O.'s taking a fairly strong stance in the face of fairly specific information but in a sense he's still correct, theres no real proof who these people are.

I've decided to accept the BBC's position as it places them in a situation of telling the truth or out right lying, however Q.O.'s assertion that these are still aledged terrorists is acurate, after all I doubt the bodies can be identified, I'm amazed that there are "papers" left after a missile attack and ultimately, 5 charred corpses don't really constitute identified kills.

....hmm, you know what though, I think your arguments have now gone so far down the "your an idiot" route that they really have very little worth.

consider yourself culled doodle.

*switches A.R. to ~ignore~*

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Was that for me? If so, I'm 38 yrs old, not given to flights of fancy and have seen what I speak of first hand - nice to meet you.
Are you unfamiliar with the term 'Friendly Fire'?
You do know that more Allied Forces have died in the Afgan campaign due to friendly fire than from Taliban efforts, don't you? Ask the Canadiens.
War time, # happens. Targets get less than 100% confirmation.

Yes, you are prone to flights of fancy. We've witnessed them

B-T, can you see the difference in this low-intensity conflict and say, an AH-64 mistaking an American squad for Iraqis during the night?
The -64 that burnt the friendlies, for example was not gather intel. The predator didn't just accidentally come across a vehicle and a minute later a decision was made to blow the occupants. I realize we are talking about the CIA, which, like the FBI, I don't usually run the risk over over-estimating, but let's at least give them minimum credit, huh?

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Mod rights allow you to edit my posts!?!How Neo-Fascist Republican of you, thanks!

The point where I came in on, before it went off in a thousand other directions as it always does, is NOT to take ANYTHING war related and run with it as gospel. There are no reporters in the field like other wars ( remember all that great B&W footage? News Reels I think they were called), and to receive 'news' that's gone through the filter before we ever see it and take it like a 'Bama Fundamentalist quotes Creation stories, is just plain silly! Wait for all possibilities before casting the concrete.

P.S.
Keep your fingers off my plate...you'll pull back a stump next time!

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A Predator is going to be extremely accurate ,no doubt. And We are the best military in the world, professional to the core.
So yes, I do give plenty of credit. But as crispy fried Canadiens & forward group Daisy Cutter victims can attest to, mistakes happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Read this....how many time must I post the same thing. You really need to quit listening to Loopy...he has trouble reading. too...

news.bbc.co.uk...

'k, i read it. i believe i had already read it, so allow me to quote from it:

"An American citizen was among the six al Qaeda suspects killed in a car explosion in Yemen over the weekend, according to a Yemeni official."

suspects. not terrorists. not tried and found guilty. just suspects....

"All the men who died were described by the official as "dangerous"."

described as 'dangerous', not 'terrorists'.

"One of the dead, Qaed Senyan al-Harthi, also known as Abu Ali, was a major suspect in an attack ...."

" "The six were involved in the attack on the USS Cole in Aden harbour in 2000," the paper added."

since when has print from a newspaper been law? never in britain, and thankfully so with the amount of sh!te The Sun pours out...

"Washington holds Osama Bin Laden and his al-Qaeda network responsible for the attack on the Cole."

so, once again, the concept of law and trials, evidence and 'due process' goes right out the window.

so, i ask once again, where is there anything that says the men that were killed were anything more than suspects?

- qo.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:30 AM
link   
dude give it up.
they won't listen. they can't grasp the concept of inference no matter how hard you beat them round the head with it. I've tried but they just don't get it.

Must be strange to live in a world where speculatory guess work becomes a substitute for factual knowledge...

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

consider yourself culled doodle.

*switches A.R. to ~ignore~*

Doodle? Dood, what are you, a poofter? Damn, glad you have me on ignore then. Of course, you only do that because you are pissed that I am right. You are so easy to piss off! Again, you ask us all to read between the lines, to engage in "abstract thought". Sorry, "doodle", I deal in every day life...FACTS, not fantasy. You should do the same.

And I doubt you have me on ignore...you just can't stand to know what I am saying about your pompous posts, can you!!?? HAAAAAA!!!!

(Man, I better quit...this is so much fun, I might have a heart attack from laughing so much!!! *G*)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by quiet one

I realize the distinction is lost on some, but there really is a difference between unlawful killing, otherwise called murder, and lawful killing which can take several forms such as the execution of a convicted murderer, self-defense, and killing an enemy during time of war. I don't like those things, but sometimes, in this sad, old world of ours, we have to do things we don't like, and only children and uncompromising idealists fail to make such distinctions. I believe there is objective morality in the universe and that the Islamofascists really are murderers, their obvious disagreement with me notwithstanding.--Mike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join