It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGGEST Conspiracy of All-Time ???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i'm going to have to side with seapeople on this there is really no hard proof that aliens exist. or at least none that i have seen. plus even if you see video or pictures how sure are you that they arent faked? the only way i could possibly totally believe (btw you should never totally believe anything) is if i saw aliens myself.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The biggest conspiracy is the way the technologically advanced aliens have been with mankind since the beginning and yet have kept themselves hidden. Now that we are advancing technologically the aliens are coming out in the open more to demonstrate their superiority, but they have always been here and they're only showing us their mickey mouse watches so to speak.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This:
"The Universal Conspiracy Against Everything"
Link:
www.tophat.se...

I couldn't choose one...so I choose "everything".

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
You are assuming that there is definitely a UFO coverup.

I'm not assuming anything of the sort, I'm just saying that if the answer to the question of who killed Kennedy was or was not consistant with the theory that the CIA killed him to stop him from revealing the existence of alien life, we would have proof, or disproof of the alien coverup theory.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think its gotta be religion! And all who said this before me made some relevent points already. So, as only I can do,,,I will put my opinion in lamence terms,,,,(Catholic)

Okay,,,The creator of all of life as we know it is a man in the clouds! If we live by his "10 rules" we die and go into the clouds with him and live,,or not live happily ever after.

His son was born to a virgin on the planet Tattooine and found by Jedi Maste.....ummm sorry,,,wrong story,,where was I,,,,oh yes,,,,,
,,,His son was born to a virgin wife of a carpenter. A POOR carpenter. So soon the son of God is out makin miracles and all that jazz that no can explain and soon he is believed to be the messaih. People from all over follow him around and listen to him speak. Now being a religious speaker at this time didn't pay nuttin! Until then, the people who came to see this Jesus, brought him food and gave him shelter,,,,Lightbulb!
Ca-Chinggg!!!! Now lets foward to present day,,,,
,,,,Men and women of the cloth speak the word of the lord every weekend, tell you to be good and dont kill nobody, steal, and all that, and then tell you to give some of your money to the church because that makes you a good follower. Meanwhile, they drive around in luxury cars, eat free food, and have sex with lil boys,,,but are still going the clouds in the sky because God will forgive them for their sins,,,you know,,the sins you are born with,,then wiped away at your Baptism,,but you make more but if you go to church every weekend and give money,,,"All will be forgotten".

Well, thats my take,,sorry I wrote so much,,but I hate religion!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
it is our creation, our destination, and the truth about what has been taking place since the fall...
most care not to find out these things and are completely happy with what others tell them...

most feel that if someone is angry at them then they did something wrong, and are deterred from inquiring more about their path...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'd say a good conspiracy would be the fact I've been told all my life eating green foods is good for me...

Don't particularly care for eating things that are green...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some interesting responses.

I think it's a toss-up between aliens and the JFK assassination. The difference is that the alien conspiracy is "ongoing", I wonder what kind of answers we'll get in our lifetime.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Some interesting responses.

I think it's a toss-up between aliens and the JFK assassination. The difference is that the alien conspiracy is "ongoing", I wonder what kind of answers we'll get in our lifetime.

Maybe this is my imagination, but aren't they supposed to open the Kennedy files on the 50th anniversary of the assasination?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wow, some really good ideas here. The JFK thing is big, so is the UFO thing. Organized religion is the biggest conspiracy in my mind. It has divided the people of this planet, caused wars and hatred for the better part of two millenia. I can't say that anyone actually instigated it for this purpose, but that seems to me to be the purpose that it serves. Divide the masses, keep them preoccupied with their own differences so they don't keep track of the big picture while the changes take place. Big Brother loves you.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I also would have to lean towards the UFO conspiracy. It is a fact that there are UFOs, ET or T, nonetheless. Its been more than 50 years and the debate is still running as hot as ever, UFO conspiracy no question.
-wD

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Maybe this is my imagination, but aren't they supposed to open the Kennedy files on the 50th anniversary of the assasination?

I'm not really sure, have you ever seen the "Final Report
of the Assassination Records Review Board" which was finalized in 1998 while Clinton was in office? Here's a link:

www.fas.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Without doubt UFO's and aliens!

Particularily the role of the lizards in mankind's downfall and his subjucation thereafter.

Everything stems from this folks with no doubt.

Furthermore many are saying that the reason for JFK going down is his determination to bring the UFO issue to daylight!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Furthermore many are saying that the reason for JFK going down is his determination to bring the UFO issue to daylight!

Good point, that sort of ties the two together if that indeed was part of the conspiracy. I think it was a combination of some other major factors as well but that could have been a key factor in the plot against JFK.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
he tried to print enough money to create self sufficency for the us, to avoid control by proxy of capitol...
and he wanted to expose the truth about the terrestrials called et's...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the UFO and extraterrestial life cover-up is huge, if true.
But the biggest conspiracy IMO is the destruction and suppression of books & documents through history. I find the suppression of knowledge part very sad.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The biggest conspiracy of all time must be the illusion that man has free will.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The biggest conspiracy of all time, in my opinion, would be the attacks of 9/11/2001. There's definitely a smoking gun there. I suppose it could be linked to an even bigger conspiracy, i.e. one-world government or a police state in the USA.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the philidelphia project is a huge mystery and a huge conspiracy also the UFO conspiracy is HUGE. the belief in aliems (which i do believe in) is also big

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I love conspiracy theories. I don�t believe any of them but I love collecting them. The one about the Jesuits killing JFK is a new one, thanks.

I believe that conspiracy theories are an interesting look into the mental/psychological make up of a person. I think that many of the who beleive in them are people with low self-esteem, paranoid tendencies, the extremely gullible and people with a weak understanding of human nature tend to believe in them. They stumble through their boring mundane lives, and look else where for the reason for their discontent ("Hey, it�s not my fault I don�t make $100,000 a year and live in a big house, it is the result of a government conspiracy"). In its more vile form it is a nasty bit of bigotry ("It is the Jews fault," or "the evil Muslims are behind it.") There are a number of authors who have realized this. The bookstores are filled with trashy novels based on silly conspiracies.

Throughout history there has been a need for a "bogeyman" in our lives. In the middle ages it was the Norseman, in colonial America it was the Indian, With the end of the Cold war, and the collapse of the "Russian Menace," The world has lost its principle villain. Now, instead we look at the USA and say "oh, the American Government is the source of the evil conspiracy," or "the NWO is the evil in our lives."

One of the reasons I find most conspiracy theories lacking is that they fail to take into two basic tenets of human behavior.

1. People can not keep secrets. Most conspiracies involve a fairly large group of people to be in on them to be workable. There is something I like to call "Bonehead�s Law" which states that the likelihood of any shared secret remaining a secret is proportional to the inverse square of the number of people sharing the secret.

2. People look out for number one. Most conspiracies involve a certain amount of altruistic behavior on the part of the participants; a "team spirit" mentality whereby the members of the conspiracy never attempt to undercut one another. They never try to out do each other, seize power, or use the aspects of the conspiracy against each other.

That being said, there is one conspiracy that has not been mentioned here: The great streetcar conspiracy.

part 1

part 2

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by HowardRoark]

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by HowardRoark]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join