It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

If you are teleported what happens to your soul

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Teleportaion requires the destruction of the original material, so basically if you teleport you are being killed on one side and being cloned in the other side, so the question is what happens to your soul if it has no body to go to. this is assuming that our sols exists in a different plain of existence.

Any Takers?????




posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I suppose it depends on what you define as your soul.

You see, the concept of a soul is a completley man made concept. A soul (if youre using the religious meaning) isn't detectable, it cannot be quantified... to all measurable aspects, it doesnt exist.

If you define your soul as being that which gives you your ability to think independantly... then science would dictate that your 'soul' is re-created on the other end, and the original is destroyed. As your frontal lobe is re-created on the other end, and your original one is destroyed.

To me, I do not believe in a soul. I've seen far too much in the way of unintentional physical manipulation of the mind to believe anything except that we are simply a series of electro-chemical reactions, working in parallel, to create thought. No soul; when you die, you're dead. Thats it.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
Teleportaion requires the destruction of the original material, so basically if you teleport you are being killed on one side and being cloned in the other side, so the question is what happens to your soul if it has no body to go to. this is assuming that our sols exists in a different plain of existence.


The second law of thermodynamics requires that there be another manner in which teleportation occurs - I'm assuming that if the original 'material' is destroyed, then at the site of destination a replication of the original is made (but with 'new material')?

And if that's so, then there must be more to it. Like quantum mechanics type stuff...
You know what I mean?


Not exactly Bells' Theorum (spooky action at a distance) but something.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well your soul dies with your original body, and the new "soul" is born as aclone.

Which is scary, because teleporters just make clones of you, and kill you, not transport you.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I feel though that the main issue here has yet to be address however. yeah okay some of us don't believe in souls thats fine by me, the real question at heart is would you dare teleport your self knowing that you are going to be disintegrated and then reassembled somewhere else with different materias.
Until this becomes feasable like in star trek or whatever this question will always linger. i guess the only way to know is going to be to find out by ourselves .



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well, if you go with the theory that life itself, existance is a set of vibrations, and everything is made of energy in these vibrational frequencies, matter, and your "soul" then it seems like your soul would be transported with the matter. Theres 6 different kind of energies that can be detected using different kinds of equipment in the human body, I guess this combined is what you could interpret as a soul. I think a soul is like a cloud of energy and memories, our soul and can wander around or place ourselves in bodies, which are more like machines. Its interesting to note that some believe our brain does not actually create though, and that its more of a receptor, or radio, that picks up transmitions of thought from another source and our brain then interprets it.

Its also proven that intelligence can vary on the size of certain portions of the brain, this is why I think when we're dead our whole reality of intelligence changes, either its non-existant or on a whole different level. Intelligence I think is relative to the size of your brain and everyone is capable of the same thoughts, just like a computer, some of us have more RAM, and a faster processor.

So say we have a soul, its energy, it can float around and put itself inside bodies and think itself anywhere (look up astral traveling and try it if you feel like its your thing), (also people who have been rendered unconcious due to electric shock or whatnot have sometimes claimed to have seen their body from above, like floating over it before regaining conciousness, myself, I've seen the top of my head when waking up, it was pretty wierd, and I know i wasnt imagining it.) Ok so back on track here, so say everything is a vibration, and energy, and our "soul" is energy. It would seem that some sort of transporter that could de-essemble and re-essemble matter and energy could some how de-essembe your soul. I'm thinking its possible, but I think it would have to happen in less then a second, if time itself is even really real.


man, it gets me thinking, I believe science and the scientific cause for everything and I think even science could explain souls and whatnot, we say it doesnt but maybe we're just not trying hard enough.

But myself I believe in souls, past lives, incarnation, the whole learning process, the power of positive vs negative thought, etc etc. THis is my take on life I dont expect everyone to feel the same.

I'm rambling off topic, but I hope you get the point. I vote YES, for transportation of the "soul" possible.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well there are some variables as I see it.


From what I see you're talking about quantum teleportation.
Would I go through the process?
If I knew it was safe, yes I would.


There is another kind of teleportation as well.
Matter-Energy conversion teleportation, like what they use on
Star Trek and StarGate.

In that process your material body is turned into energy, and sent
to the location upon which time it's than tured back into its material
form.

If I knew it was safe, I'd do that as well.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yes I matter to energy and back to matter. I think the only real blockade here is you need to write some serious code, and the main computer has to have like 800 000 000 RAM and 8 trillion cpu speed, as well as like trillions of megabytes to store your code, I just hope theres enough space on the computer, and I hope the computer doesnt have a virus, that would suck, a virus in the transporter computer, CONTROL ALT DELETE! its no good!! And then your dead, and to take away any dignity you have, the way they dispose of you is by pressing restart on the computer followed by a Windows 4000 splash screen that follows, and then maybe a fews ads on start up about weightloss or something. haha not how I wanna die. At this point If I had anything of a soul I would open their version of a text program and write a simple "F U Cheif O'brien"



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yous soul is not material so nothing would happen to it. It is bound to you body in a spirutal way not a means of matter.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Without the 'work' (or matter) of the flesh ruling over the energy of the soul.....

quantum teleportation would be like walking across the room.

That's what an OOBE is...truly.

It's actually the way we SHOULD be. And were. And will be again.



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   


Without the 'work' (or matter) of the flesh ruling over the energy of the soul.....


queenannie38,

Is not another way of saying that is once we become aware ( or what ever adjective you want to use) matter is just a creation of the soul/spirit and used by the soul/spirit to experience a denser or another form of physical reality?

[edit on 6-10-2006 by etshrtslr]



posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hi etshrtslr


Peace to you, and blessings!!

I used to think that was all it was about - being awake. But there are two different principles involved: being asleep and being in bondage (prison of materiality).

We can wake up when we are done sleeping - on our own. That's more like a choice our subconcious makes just like our body decides when it is rested (physically speaking).

But it takes keys to remove shackles or open prison doors. So there is a lot more involved in that aspect - considering bondage from the same physical point of view applied to the spiritual is how we move toward our eventual freedom...

And it is an individual issue for each of us, if you know what I mean.



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, I guess this would depend on what kind of teleportation device you use. I have a theory for one type.

The human body is not destroyed through teleportation, if it's succeeded without any interval of time.
If an teleportation system can accurately reproduce the human body instantaneously, at one point and recreate it without loss of any time, then you dont even dematerialized, your soul is still bound to your body. Consequently your soul is regarded as immortal but not liable to death. If the teleport failed, nothing would happen to your soul, since it's immaterial.

This is fun thinking about after a few beers.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by XPhiles]



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I just saw a new twilight zone that had teleportation like this in it. The teleport operator would kill the original person upon confirmation that they reached the other side. Then something messed up and he didnt kill the original of one woman because they thought it didnt work.. until they got confirmation that she was successfully teleported. So for a time she existed in 2 places. Then I guess he killed the original, I forget..



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
well, if you go with the theory that life itself, existance is a set of vibrations, and everything is made of energy in these vibrational frequencies, matter, and your "soul" then it seems like your soul would be transported with the matter. Theres 6 different kind of energies that can be detected using different kinds of equipment in the human body, I guess this combined is what you could interpret as a soul. I think a soul is like a cloud of energy and memories, our soul and can wander around or place ourselves in bodies, which are more like machines. Its interesting to note that some believe our brain does not actually create though, and that its more of a receptor, or radio, that picks up transmitions of thought from another source and our brain then interprets it.


problem with this theory is that your origianl matter is not transproted it is copied them sent via email to the next reconstitution station. the only solution to this dilema is making a transporter that turns you into energy and is able to transmit you without losing signal strenght.



Its also proven that intelligence can vary on the size of certain portions of the brain, this is why I think when we're dead our whole reality of intelligence changes, either its non-existant or on a whole different level. Intelligence I think is relative to the size of your brain and everyone is capable of the same thoughts, just like a computer, some of us have more RAM, and a faster processor.


Thats a pretty bold statement can you back it up with a source?


So say we have a soul, its energy, it can float around and put itself inside bodies and think itself anywhere (look up astral traveling and try it if you feel like its your thing), (also people who have been rendered unconcious due to electric shock or whatnot have sometimes claimed to have seen their body from above, like floating over it before regaining conciousness, myself, I've seen the top of my head when waking up, it was pretty wierd, and I know i wasnt imagining it.) Ok so back on track here, so say everything is a vibration, and energy, and our "soul" is energy. It would seem that some sort of transporter that could de-essemble and re-essemble matter and energy could some how de-essembe your soul. I'm thinking its possible, but I think it would have to happen in less then a second, if time itself is even really real.


if i were i believer in OOBE i might say that you need to have an achor point to be able to return to your body, but since i dont know much about it, i hope someone will comment on this


man, it gets me thinking, I believe science and the scientific cause for everything and I think even science could explain souls and whatnot, we say it doesnt but maybe we're just not trying hard enough.

But myself I believe in souls, past lives, incarnation, the whole learning process, the power of positive vs negative thought, etc etc. THis is my take on life I dont expect everyone to feel the same.

I'm rambling off topic, but I hope you get the point. I vote YES, for transportation of the "soul" possible.



i'm not trying to dbunk you but this is a disscussion board right friend?



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
I just saw a new twilight zone that had teleportation like this in it. The teleport operator would kill the original person upon confirmation that they reached the other side. Then something messed up and he didnt kill the original of one woman because they thought it didnt work.. until they got confirmation that she was successfully teleported. So for a time she existed in 2 places. Then I guess he killed the original, I forget..

i believe that was the outer limits you saw, and that episode dint not deeal with the soul rather with morality

[edit on 10/7/2006 by razor1000]



posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I learned about intelligence and brain types in school actually. Einstein if you look at his brain, he actually had a significantly larger analytical/mathematics section then what was humanly normal. It was something like 10 times larger. Right there I think that says alot. We also looked at other people's brains and how they varied from an average brain. Just seems like a computer to me, some people got more speed, some people got more RAM, some people got a faster internet connection.

Its like, someone can be missing half a brain, foaming from the mouth, and extra chromosome. He can't multiply any number larger then 3, but it doesnt necessarily make us smarter then him. I have a feeling, just a feeling here... but massive brain damage and extra chromosomes don't carry on with you when you die. Some people are just genetically better, I think this is where intelligence truly comes from.

It kinda bothers me too, some people may talk to me in a really condescending way because they think they are "smarter" then me, but what they have in "intelligence", I think they often lack in wisdom and real life experience. I think a really intelligent person is the one who makes all the right decisions in life, not the one who can say... multiply 11 digit numbers in their head.

I think i'm done my rant, i hope I got my point across.

Larger portions of your brain can seemingly make you a brilliant person. Whatever the official "scientific" verdict is on this, I'm not sure, you can do the research. But I'm betting we still really don't know the answer.

I don't think we really will until we die.





Oh with the whole OOBE thing, apparently... I've just heard this, but you can just return to your body with just thinking of returning. You don't actually REALLY leave your body apparently, as I'm told. So your stuck there in your body but I guess you like produce like an image of your soul elsewhere to move around as it pleases, while the real one is inside your body. All i know is when I saw the top of my head that one time, i didnt understand what was going on but I knew enough that something was wrong, i wasnt in my body, and all I did was think of going back in my body, and sure enough I did.


And your right, it is a discussion board. I just try to state everything I have to say the best I can do avoid arguements. I know how they break out so easily on this board, ha. I just try to avoid it. But your right, it is a discussion board, and so lets discuss!

Anyways I'm off to bed, work kicked my ass this week.

cheers!



posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
I learned about intelligence and brain types in school actually. Einstein if you look at his brain, he actually had a significantly larger analytical/mathematics section then what was humanly normal. It was something like 10 times larger. Right there I think that says alot. We also looked at other people's brains and how they varied from an average brain. Just seems like a computer to me, some people got more speed, some people got more RAM, some people got a faster internet connection.

Its like, someone can be missing half a brain, foaming from the mouth, and extra chromosome. He can't multiply any number larger then 3, but it doesnt necessarily make us smarter then him. I have a feeling, just a feeling here... but massive brain damage and extra chromosomes don't carry on with you when you die. Some people are just genetically better, I think this is where intelligence truly comes from.

It kinda bothers me too, some people may talk to me in a really condescending way because they think they are "smarter" then me, but what they have in "intelligence", I think they often lack in wisdom and real life experience. I think a really intelligent person is the one who makes all the right decisions in life, not the one who can say... multiply 11 digit numbers in their head.

I think i'm done my rant, i hope I got my point across.

Larger portions of your brain can seemingly make you a brilliant person. Whatever the official "scientific" verdict is on this, I'm not sure, you can do the research. But I'm betting we still really don't know the answer.

I don't think we really will until we die.





Oh with the whole OOBE thing, apparently... I've just heard this, but you can just return to your body with just thinking of returning. You don't actually REALLY leave your body apparently, as I'm told. So your stuck there in your body but I guess you like produce like an image of your soul elsewhere to move around as it pleases, while the real one is inside your body. All i know is when I saw the top of my head that one time, i didnt understand what was going on but I knew enough that something was wrong, i wasnt in my body, and all I did was think of going back in my body, and sure enough I did.


And your right, it is a discussion board. I just try to state everything I have to say the best I can do avoid arguements. I know how they break out so easily on this board, ha. I just try to avoid it. But your right, it is a discussion board, and so lets discuss!

Anyways I'm off to bed, work kicked my ass this week.

cheers!

yes you are right about intelligence taking a backseat to experience. but i'm stilll positive that size doenst acccount for intelligence, rather it allows for better sensory perception take dogs for example their olfatory sense is hightened because that part of the brin is bigger and specializedfor it.
when it comes to intelligence there seems to be two kinds of people to me, those who have to sutdy to know, and those who just know by looking or listening. a perfect example of this is me and my siter she has to study to get her smarts i jus have to pay attention in class. but the level of intelligence in people is something that has to be gained its not just there. in other words if you want to be smarter get more information into your head. noone in this earth is born knowing everything.



posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
yeah man, I'd like to think that my concious self outside my body is actually intelligent, besides just being completey void of it. I'd like to think I'm pretty intelligent even though these people with brains that can make faster connections would say otherwise. I think rationally and logically, and I can always figure problems out, it just takes me time.

Anyways, the point of this thread was teleporting? I'd teleport. Whats the worst thing that could happen? you die? we all die.

Plus it would be cool being known as the guy stuck in the wall.



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
funny but no the question i said was if your souls follows your new body.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join