It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran opens nuke plant to foreign tourists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This just shows that our nuclear program is for peaceful purposes and that were not trying to create the actions of what brainwashed news like FOX and CNN are trying to teach Americans.

TEHRAN -- Tourists visiting Iran might be able to add an unusual stop-off on their itinerary - a trip to one of the Islamic republic's nuclear sites at the center of a standoff with the international community.

The state news agency IRNA reported Wednesday that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has given permission for tourists to visit nuclear sites as proof that Iran's atomic activities are peaceful.

"Foreign tourists can visit Iranian nuclear sites, after Dr. Ahmadinejad issued an authorization ordering this organization to study ways to do so," the head of Iran's Tourism and Cultural Heritage Organization Esfandyar Rahim Mashaii said. "This authorization has been issued since the Iranian nuclear activities are peaceful," he told the agency.

www.metimes.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Good to hear, hmmm, I wonder what the 'west' (USA/Israel and friends) will say about this then? Probably ignore/whitewash it
With a little help from the media (of course)lol.

You aren't actually in SAVAK though Mehran

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I usually enjoy your posts mehran, but unfortunately your way off the mark here.

simply because the iranian governemnt is going to open minor sections of its facilities, obvioiusly RESTRICTING the sensitive area's, this in NO way shows irans desire for a PEACEFUL nuclear programme.
I mean come on, I can go visit the whitehouse.. doesnt mean im going to look through the oval office desk huh ?
And you really think they are going to take these ' tourists ' into the under ground facilities.. the same faciliities that the US CANT 100% confirm?

If they wont let the UN investigate EVERYTHING, what makes u think they'll just open it up to anyone?

Obviously the sections open will be staged area's showing a peaceful programme, knowing full well that the US, israel and alot of other nations will be sending in spies to investigate these structures, and being shown nothign but propoganda suggesting a peaceful programme, it will simply give nothing but more fuel to the gullable publics opinion of a peaceful programme.

No, these plants being opened to tourists in my mind is simply to try and move the west away from surgical strikes.

Cant be attacking tourist sites now can we?

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I usually enjoy your posts mehran, but unfortunately your way off the mark here.

simply because the iranian governemnt is going to open minor sections of its facilities, obvioiusly RESTRICTING the sensitive area's, this in NO way shows irans desire for a PEACEFUL nuclear programme.

If they wont let the UN investigate EVERYTHING, what makes u think they'll just open it up to anyone?

Obviously the sections open will be staged area's showing a peaceful programme, knowing full well that the US, israel and alot of other nations will be sending in spies to investigate these structures, and being shown nothign but propoganda suggesting a peaceful programme, it will simply give nothing but more fuel to the gullable publics opinion of a peaceful programme.

No, these plants being opened to tourists in my mind is simply to try and move the west away from surgical strikes.

Cant be attacking tourist sites now can we?

A. What is the evidence for them using nuclear energy for non-peacefull purposes?

B. Why should they not develop nuclear weapons technology?

I'm genuinely interested to know these answers as I admit that I'm not fully aware of the reason for the argument against, so be gentle pls

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The U.S. also provides tours of the site of the first detonation of a nuclear weapon:

www.nv.doe.gov...

Does that mean the Manhattan Project was a peaceful project?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A: Well, to be fair in your first question.. There isnt a lot of evidence out there.
Apart from the highly enriched particles being found, Iran lying and decieving the west and only admitting after a iranian came clean when he left the system.

Iran is obviously stalling, they havent taken very sweet and lucrative deals..

but... a country like iran isnt going to allow evidence get out are they? its like the US government allowing evidence out of the real 911 incident.

If there was REAL evidence, the US, the EU and all the other countries wouldnt be lobbying for sanctions.. they'd be actioninig.

There is no HARD physical evidence.. YET.. just very suspicous occurings.

They shouldnt develoup nuclear weapons because honestly.. I dont think they can be trusted...
The rhetoric points to a brason leader..
If your not able to control your words, how are you able to control your actions?

These horrible weapons shouldnt be in ANYones aresenal.
they were needed during ww2, and unfortuanetlyl being they were releasedo n the world other nations in a frenzy alsoo went down that track. I feel it should be stopped and limited somewhere, because having these things easily available just isnt an option.

Irans ties to terrorism also come to mind.
you dont allow madmen like that to have weapons of such magnitude.

If Iran wants PEACEFUL nuclear technology.. then they should work for it.
They shoudl come clean, allow 100% inspections stop rhetoric, accept deals and build a base of TRUST first..

once time has proven the REAL motives then you slowly allow factors to come into reality.

IE

A man walks in a store, asks for a gun.
HE screams he is going to kill and remove that man outside.
you dont just give him a gun do you.. sure he may of been kidding, but he has a violent past..

why would you RISK such an event,on something that ISNT nessecary?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The U.S. also provides tours of the site of the first detonation of a nuclear weapon:

www.nv.doe.gov...

Does that mean the Manhattan Project was a peaceful project?

Nope, but you think they would of let any regular JOE into the research centre PRIOR to that explosion ?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Aside from the points raised above, I (as an average type person) wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a nuclear reactor intended to provide peaceful power and one to be used to create weapons.

My point being that Tourists hardly make qualified inspectors.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
My point being that Tourists hardly make qualified inspectors.

They make very good human shields though.

Thats the only real reason I can see for them to do this. There could be some value in it as a propaganda exercise but, honestly, what is the effect going to be of a bunch of tourists walking around and saying 'hmm, this does look peaceful'?

On the other hand, maybe thats where we've been going wrong and if we'd sent the tourists into Iraq rather than the inspectors we'd have found those pesky WMDs straight away.

edit: typos

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Chris McGee]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Good points are made here, and for starters the motives behind these points are simple... For starters: How much does your average daily tourist know about nuclear factories, nuclear weapons, enrichment technology and radioactivity? Would they recognize parts needed to build nuclear weapons, even if they would be allowed to get close to it? The chances of the major population visiting the site in the future knowing everything about whats happening there is virtually zero, but what can i say... I dont know much about the people visiting the site. They could be hobby-ists for all i know.

Then also, it's easy to tell the rather 'obvlious' public that the "peacefull" area they just visited was the only part of the factory there is. Afterall, not many know the blueprints out of their heads of the plant they are visiting.

My point? Its a great political move to relieve some of the public pressure, and a fine tool to convince alot of people that "If they would let us in, they arent holding anything back". However the smarter among us know that this aint anything more than a clever diversion.

You dont need tourists to prove that your intentions are peacefull, because if that is the case, you wouldnt have any problem with having your sites flooded with inspectors, because as we all know, that would immediatly prove their intentions are peacefull. Sad thing, doubts will remain as long as the situation remains "Fishy", their leaders make threats and keep boasting over their military strength, well doh Mr. Iranian, what the hell do you expect?

Funny thing is, tourists can be manipulated into believing it is peacefull, headstrong inspectors cant, atleast not that easily. Wrong thing of the American government, they dont need inspectors to help make a choice, they just make up their minds for themselves and bomb the countries anyway.

I think both sides are doing things the wrong way here. One side keeps acting mysterious, telling one day they are willing to give up enrichment, the next day they dont. The other time they make claims their intentions are peacefull, the next they make threats to wipe someone off the map... The other side uses fear as a tool to acquire the support of their public to achieve their personal goals, make descisions about things nobody is even certain off and punish anyone opposing the gang. If no proof is found, they make proof.

Boy, aint this a great set of countries to make a peacefull solution with, no?

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Mammoth]

new topics

top topics

join