It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is satan? and what is this 5th planet spoken of in the bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I agree with Byrd (not that is a scary thought). It seems vogue now to construct alien civilizations, alien encounters, etc. from passages in the Bible which have been lifted out of context. These people have watched one X-file too many (perhaps while smoking some strange chemicals not allowed by the DEA?) Incidently Isaiah 14:12 is refering to the King of Babylon when placed in context.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh my this is a historical day I actually feel Jadg makes sense

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The fifth planet from the sun is Jupiter. An alien explained to me that there is highly intelligent life below the gas on Jupiter. The alien seemed very keen to explain all of this to me even though I have no interest in planets whatsoever.

Here's some info on Jupiter:

Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and is the largest one in the solar system. If Jupiter were hollow, more than one thousand Earths could fit inside. It also contains more matter than all of the other planets combined. Auroral emissions, similar to Earth's northern lights, were observed in the polar regions of Jupiter
Cloud-top lightning bolts, similar to superbolts in Earth's high atmosphere, were also observed.
Jupiter's rings and moons exist within an intense radiation belt of electrons and ions trapped in the planet's magnetic field. These particles and fields comprise the jovian magnetosphere or magnetic environment, which extends 3 to 7 million kilometers (1.9 to 4.3 million miles) toward the Sun, and stretches in a windsock shape at least as far as Saturn's orbit - a distance of 750 million kilometers (466 million miles).

www.fortunecity.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The fifth planet from the sun is Jupiter. An alien explained to me that there is highly intelligent life below the gas on Jupiter. The alien seemed very keen to explain all of this to me even though I have no interest in planets whatsoever.

Would you be so kind as to give more details about this "alien" and the conditions under which this being enlightened you with such knowledge? This concept does seem to be quite radical and contrary to current scientific thinking of the structure of Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In my mind Satan is another created being like God to make God look heroic.

The key to creating a good believable story is creating a hero with some flaws and a bad guy for the hero to kill.

If God was alone and everyone was good, who would want to believe that?

As for the planet, I don't have a clue.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
jagdflieger

It was around ten years ago when I first started having encounters with aliens.

At that time I was taken into space in a number of different craft, and on one journey a human-like alien showed me a film of a craft approaching Jupiter. The craft passed through dense layers of gas into a clear atmosphere, and the planet was visible below. Then the alien said that this was where he came from?

The film ended and nothing more was said.

I found it hard to believe but I didn't question him about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well Aztec, the whole idea that Jupiter is hollow is against all theories of planet formation (a large planet cannot be hollow becuase of gravitational collapse). Also the mass of Jupiter is well calculated due to astronomical calculations of the perturbations of orbits due to the gravity of Jupiter. The size and mass of Jupiter is known quite arrcurately and does not indicate a hollow planet. Also the pressure of the atmosphere gets quite high real fast. I have a heard time in believing that a space going alien race would live in a gravity well such as Jupiter when there are plenty of nice planetioids with low gravity that would do the job. Face it people - a space going civilization would not chose to live on planets (inside a gravity well). They would use planetoids and generate artifical environments. Asteroids would be the home of any space faring race, not planets.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
you are carbon based and carbon as a base element is strong but different than other bse elements entirely...

so your version of strength is different than others...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   

\
from bigsage
you are carbon based and carbon as a base element is strong but different than other bse elements entirely...

so your version of strength is different than others...

This statement makes absolutely no sense at all. Would you clarify your statement as to what you are intending to say. Making cryptic nonsense is not a sign of wisdom. Wisdom is making a statement that can be understood.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
but to clarify...
deoxyribonucleicacid (dna) is based on carbon in humans...

you know nothing other than what others let you know if you dont think for yourself...

but there are other base elements such as carbon that are different, like silicon, and even hydrogen...

as a life form they would be as different as flying fishes and bee's and potentially even more exotic...

and when will you people learn that this is me i just am who i am, not what you want or are...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My understanding is that Jupiter is a real planet with teeming life at 4d. What we see is Jupiter at 3d.

when the world moves from 3d to 4d in the next ten years or less we will see Jupiter in a new light.'

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well at least I can make a statement that other people will understand. Also silicon as a base for life forms is really not very viable. The energy requirements are too high. Unless you want to post a link into some theorectical studies as to the viablity of silicon based life forms. Silicon as a base for life is pure science fiction fantasy. Also the concept of aliens living on Jupiter seems quite far fetched. Again I state no real space going race will use planets as a home. They would use planetoids (such as Ceres). Once you are out of the gravity well, why go back down into one on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
jag,

I do not dispute what you have said but consider that the rules of existance that we know only apply to this 'realm' of existance and not other realms that obviously exist (or for sceptics are likely to exist).

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i do not post proofs in arguments, either you will or wont and not by my opinion...

read, understand, expand...

if the father of all creation created us in carbon who are you silly man to discount other forms?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   

jag,
I do not dispute what you have said but consider that the rules of existance that we know only apply to this 'realm' of existance and not other realms that obviously exist (or for sceptics are likely to exist).

Well Theneo, the aliens on Jupiter are supposed to exist in a pysical realm as we do. So therefore they conform to the same physical laws as we do. Now if you wish to consider the spiritual realm, it would then be a different matter. However the original poster was refering to entities that exist in the same material universe as we do. Such material beings would not base a space going civilization on high gravity planets. In short once you are out of the gravity well, you do not go back down into one without very good reason. In a space going civilization, planetoids like Ceres would be desirable while planets like earth would be the dregs of the market.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   

why why why...
i do not post proofs in arguments, either you will or wont and not by my opinion...
read, understand, expand..
if the father of all creation created us in carbon who are you silly man to discount other forms?

I discount other bases for life forms because I do know a little science and the chemistry of silicon is just not right. We are certain that if an alien life form does exist, it will be 99.999% probability that it will be carbon based.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
jag,

well yes...but wherever you exist is it not real for you there?

I mean is it not physical in some sense even if it is not observable to us?

just hypothesizing actually.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
There does exist a possibility of life with respect to Jupiter, Europa, Titan as well as Saturn. It�s very likely though, if there is life on those planets, the social relationship will be akin to those of predator and prey. Beyond that, Neptune and Uranus are in all probability virtual Diamond mines.

As far as the issues related to the topic, in no way does this matter address it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
unless others imposed their reality uppon you and hindered your "view"...

you know very little as a man for we all know very little in reference to "intelligable knowledge"...

but who are you to forsake another of the fathers creations because you cant comprehend the "making" of that being?...

that is a large part of the issues humanity face today...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   

jag,
well yes...but wherever you exist is it not real for you there?
I mean is it not physical in some sense even if it is not observable to us?
just hypothesizing actually.

Well I believe in the spiritual realm. It is a different form of existence and has physical reality and a different set of physical rules. But most people when they speak of aliens are speaking of beings which exist in the same physical universe as we do. They build space ships which exist in the same physical universe as we do. Therefore they are subject to the same physical laws as we are and must have engineering solutions to the same physical problems as we would face.

Toltec, the existence of life on these planets is still speculation. However, the original post refered to aliens capable of building interplanetary vechicles. This is way beyond what is being speculated by current scientists. I still say - any space going race will not colonize other planets. A space going civilization will be based on using planetoids. There are many advantages to such an arrangement (certain industrial process are possible and easy - high vacuum, cryogenic temperatures, zero gravity, no EPA.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join