It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slipknot album (Volume 3 the subliminal versus)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The difference in the amount of cuss words between Iowa and Vol. 3 makes me wonder something, is there any profanity in Vol. 3, or did I get a censored version?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yeah i noticed that too,

one of my friends told me they did that to show everyone that Heavy metal can be done without swear words.

whats your favorite song on Vol 3?

edit for spelling

[edit on 7/10/0606 by Korsyn01]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Virus of Life. It isn't the heaviest song, but it makes me feel weird in a good way.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Good song, Personally I like Pulse Of The Maggots

Back on topic, yeah I noticed that also. I think the Iowa album was better and more hardcore though

[edit on 15-10-2006 by soul_failure]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yeah, pulse of the maggots is a good song, and I just got Iowa a couple of months ago. But right now, I am looking for their other albums, Slipknot and (I think it is) Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. But I can't find them anywhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Let me tell you why Slipknot sucks- Earlier in their career the claimed they wore disguises because they didn't want their music to be about appearances. Well, when everyone one in the damn band is wearing a ridiculous costume, doesn't that put an even greater emphasis on appearance?! Of course it does and thats why they suck. Oh,and then each member started their own side project and each has abandoned the masks, well Slipknots not about appearances, but the side projects are? Wow - they suck. P.S. learn to play your damn instruments.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkham
I am looking for their other albums, Slipknot and (I think it is) Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. But I can't find them anywhere.

Don't waste your time.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Slipknot kicks it.

Go and listen to Linkin Park or something if you can't handle the 'knot.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
linkin park.

. . .

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

whew that was hilarious!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I just got the album slipknot, and I guess I will have to download all of the songs from M.F.K.R.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Slipknot kicks it.

The only difference between slipknot and linkin park are the very frightening masks. If I played so poorly I would hide my face too. At least Linkin Park will show their faces as they play their music, poorly. Eventually you'll have to leave Hot Topic behind and attempt to discover something interesting on your own. Trust me the psuedo-goth-please-tell-me-what's-cool-punk-rock-at-the-mall-with-all-the-eye-liner-culture will always point you in the wrong direction.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 69decepticons

Originally posted by Unrealised
Slipknot kicks it.

The only difference between slipknot and linkin park are the very frightening masks. If I played so poorly I would hide my face too. At least Linkin Park will show their faces as they play their music, poorly. Eventually you'll have to leave Hot Topic behind and attempt to discover something interesting on your own. Trust me the psuedo-goth-please-tell-me-what's-cool-punk-rock-at-the-mall-with-all-the-eye-liner-culture will always point you in the wrong direction.

ah sorry, but i don't remember Slipknot being punk rock at all and they definately don't play sissy gigs at the mall.

maybe you would like to tell us what your favorite band is hmm? Or do you just like to go around and bag out other peoples tastes in music and try and point them in the right direction:shk:
you make me sad

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 69decepticons
Let me tell you why Slipknot sucks- Earlier in their career the claimed they wore disguises because they didn't want their music to be about appearances. Well, when everyone one in the damn band is wearing a ridiculous costume, doesn't that put an even greater emphasis on appearance?! Of course it does and thats why they suck. Oh,and then each member started their own side project and each has abandoned the masks, well Slipknots not about appearances, but the side projects are? Wow - they suck. P.S. learn to play your damn instruments.

Most of Slipknot's sideprojects were actually started before Slipknot. Dunno what you mean by, "Learn to play your damn instruments", most of the members of Slipknot are incredibly talented. Both guitarists are awesome if you lisen to their stuff other than Slipknot, their drummer isn't the best in the world but he still is damn good. The vocalist is amazing in Stone Sour, his vocal range is superb.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
All the members of the band are extremely talented. Someone said Joey Jordisson isn't a very good drummer but I disagree. EDIT: Actually said he wasn't the best drummer in the world which is true lol. Forgot what exactly it was that I had read :S
Have u watched his tilting seat solo? The fact he could keep a steady beat while verticle!!! I'll put the video at the end. Mate Feed Kill Repeat isn't that good. The self titled album is the best, followed by Vol 3 in my opinion. IOWA is good, but a bit over the top for me. I've met SlipKnot, Stone Sour and Murderdolls, was cool.

[edit on 26/6/07 by Oni-Kage]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I figured Mate Feed Kill Repeat wasn't that good, but I wanted to try it anyway, but if it isn't that good, I will just forget about it.

top topics

join