It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Henry Kissinger advising Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In the midst of all the heated discussion regarding Bob Woodward's new book "State of Denial", I caught something the other night on 60 minutes that made me very concerned. Here is a quote from USA Today

Henry Kissinger has been advising President Bush and Vice President Cheney about Iraq, telling them that "victory is the only meaningful exit strategy," author and journalist Bob Woodward said.

The Washington Post editor's third book on the Bush administration, State of Denial, comes out next week.

In an interview airing Sunday night on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, Woodward said that U.S. troops and their allies are being attacked, on average, every 15 minutes.

"The truth is that the assessment by intelligence experts is that next year, 2007, is going to get worse and, in public, you have the president and you have the Pentagon saying, 'Oh, no, things are going to get better.'"

He said Kissinger, who served in the Nixon and Ford administrations, has been telling Bush and Cheney that "in Iraq, he declared very simply, 'Victory is the only meaningful exit strategy.'"

"This is so fascinating. Kissinger's fighting the Vietnam War again because, in his view, the problem in Vietnam was we lost our will."

www.usatoday.com...

That's the quote. I don't know to what degree Woodward may be exaggerating Kissinger's influence, but if this is true, doesn't it seem totally INSANE?

mod edit to add external quote code and link

[edit on 2-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have seen a bit of footage of Mr. K schmoozing with the whole gang so this does make sense. Good news, eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes. Quite comforting to know that the very same people who so competently and successfully ran the Vietnam War are running this one.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Henry Alfred Kissinger was the 56th Secretary of State of the United States from 1973 to 1977, continuing to hold the position of Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs which he first assumed in 1969 until 1975. After leaving government service, he founded Kissinger Associates, an international consulting firm, of which he is chairman.
Dr. Kissinger was born in Fuerth, Germany, on May 27, 1923, came to the United States in 1938, and was naturalised a United States citizen on June 19, 1943. He received the BA Degree Summa Cum Laude at Harvard College in 1950 and the MA and PhD Degrees at Harvard University in 1952 and 1954 respectively.

More can be found here.

nobelprize.org...

All though Mr Kissinger has spent most of his life here in the US I find it weird that hes allowed to be so high up with the President. Just an opinion here but I think you should not hold such a position if not born in the US.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Interesting point, Shar, but I don't care so much about his nationality. What I DO care about is the overall attitude of the administration toward foreign policy, and the belief that the only reason we lost Vietnam was because of our lack of "will" or because of "the left". When you think about it, this explains a lot of the Bush administrations decision-making process, especially their "victory is the only exit strategy" approach.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The truth be known Hammering Hank has been running this country since he brought Nixon down. He would have to be considered the most dangerous man in America. It may explain why Jon Stewart felt compelled to kiss his hand the last time he appeared on the Daily Show.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Isn't Henry Kissinger involved with the International Bankers??? Then it wouldn't be a big shock to find out he has been advising the administration. I wouldn't be surprised if he advised the last 4 or 5 administrations. Just more indication that at the least, the U.S. presidential administrations are working for the international bankers.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
While I am not a Henry Kissinger fan, I have to agree, at least from what I have read and heard from people who were alive during the Vietnam era, that America did "lose" its will. I have heard a number of people say that if America had stayed there one more year, victory would have been ours.

My point of view has always been that ten years and 60,000 soldiers lost was too much for the American psyche to bear. Therefore, rather than extending the conflict, which I honestly think we could have won, we elected to pull our troops out of Vietnam. One of the major problems with both the Korean and Vietnam conflicts is that is all they were ever considered, "conflicts". There was never a declaration of war in either instance.

Instead of declaring war, we developed a don't shoot unless shot at policy. This policy has been an utter failure in any historical battle ever fought. I mean,"don't shoot until shot at" is like someone pulling out a knife on you and you not moving untiol the person lunges at you. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, Well, Well...

Instead of Sitting in the Jail Cell in Hauge waiting for the Trial, he is advising mister Presdient of United States which war-crimes he can do and get away with it?

Do VIETNAM, CAMBODIA and CHILE ring a bell?

Operation GLADIO?

Operation CONDOR?

Naaaaaaaaaaaah!

Just give the Man a NOBEL PRIZE for PEACE!

YAY!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yes, Speakeroftruth, you are correct in saying that America lost it's will to fight in Vietnam, but this was because we had become entangled in an open-ended conflict in which we were fighting as a proxy army, supporting a government that not even the people of Vietnam were completely willing to fight for. Read Robert MacNamara's eleven lessons from the Vietnam War found here: en.wikipedia.org...

Unfortunately, it's clear that the heads of Bush's administration have a very different view of history when it comes to Vietnam.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Flatwoods]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Our judgments of friend and foe alike reflected our profound ignorance of the history, culture, and politics of the people in the area, and the personalities and habits of their leaders.

McNamarra hit the nail on the head. It's not only true for then but also for now. Not only the current administration but Americans in general have very little true historical knowledge. We certainly do not have a well formed knowledge of other nation's cultural history.

We failed to recognize that in international affairs, as in other aspects of life, there may be problems for which there are no immediate solutions … At times, we may have to live with an imperfect, untidy world.

McNamarra should have addressed this toward George W. The president seems to have this idea that he can somehow shape the world, at least in his opinion, into a "better" place. Many analysts think he he has the "messiah complex" because he believes this.

We failed then — and have since — to recognize the limitations of modern, high-technology military equipment, forces and doctrine…

This statement by McNamarra can certainly be applied to America's recent "shock and awe" campaign. I didn't see anything particularly shocking nor awe inspiring in the campaign. To me it looked as if all they did was "carpet bomb" the region. A tactic that we all know never works. Hell, we tried to win Vietnam using this method;it was a failure then and it's still a failure today.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I got Woodward's book and his book got me hooked.

He does a comprehensive detail analysis of the Bush administration and the best part, the covert up when it comes to Iraq.

Kissinger is re-living the Vietnam war all over through the Iraqi war, and while it was a failure during the Vietnam war, he wants to redeem himself pushing the idea That a without total victory is not victory at all.

That set of mind is just putting our soldiers at risk and our standing in the middle east a more precarious one and the task a none win battler.

So far Bush has surrounded himself with the wrong people to do the advising.

And has fired the only people that has come forward and told him the truth about the whole Iraqi mess.

Including perhaps the only man that could have made the whole thing better and our exit strategy from Iraq fair enough.

Collin Powers.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Bush and Henry Kissinger..

Four years ago in this following video:

www.youtube.com...

I think he was always involved with at least the last 5 administrations. his connection to the Clinton administration was probably the " Kissinger McLarty Associates" (wikipedia) McLarty was Clinton's chief of staff.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kissinger, a close associate of DAVID ROCKEFELLER.

Now who really runs the U.S. government???

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Now who really runs the U.S. government???

I can tell you this much . . .

Is definitely NO we the people.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Definately not.

Here's Woodward on Larry King talking about Kissinger:

www.youtube.com...

And here is some info on McLarty, Kissinger's business partner, who is a former advisor of Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Jimmy Carter.

www.sourcewatch.org...

new topics

top topics

join