It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo Wars? A point for your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I haven't heard much about this new game, "Halo Wars," other than it is a rts. So, can someone give me some info on it. I personally think that this will not experience the same awe-inciting sales that the other games have gotten. The rts, as far as I can tell, only uses marines, or for the people who are really slow, probably no master chief. Doesn't the rts of the game also mean that it will be impossible to play more than one person on the same console easily. And eradicate the fast paced gaming of the other games. Halo, after the short time on halo 2, pretty much adds up to the multiplayer, and I would say that much of that steam is going to go with that fight. But if anyone has some additional information, please post it.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
it seems it is the prequel to halo 1, there will be lots of Master Chiefs, dont you worry. Multiplayer? ONLINE?!?!?! its going to be like LOTR middle earth but halo. I imagine it will have some unique features as well. But all in all, this is still in early stages so not much info yet.

makers of the Age Of Empires series, so expect great things from this game

[edit on 2-10-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I just watched the video, sorry about saying there is no master chief, I couldn't see any pictures with him in it. Don't get me wrong, I love Age of Empires, and if they were to make 2 different games, it would awesome. But, I have yet to see a rts that works on consoles.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The only way i could see a RTS working on a console is if they allow for keyboard and mouse support.... Which i believe the 360 has but only for inputting text and crap that is pretty useless no support for mouse and keyboard in game

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
have you guys played battle for middle earth on 360 yet? That might give you an idea of what it may be like, but the makers said they are going for something all new, so Im unsure of how THEY will decide to take it.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The thing is Halo was absolutely revolutionary shooter, whereas I'm sure Halo Wars is going to be an average console RTS, Bungie farming it out to another developer, and the all FMV videos aren't signs to be hopeful in my book.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberJohnny
The thing is Halo was absolutely revolutionary shooter, whereas I'm sure Halo Wars is going to be an average console RTS, Bungie farming it out to another developer, and the all FMV videos aren't signs to be hopeful in my book.

most game teaser trailers are usually just a short FMV.... im sure they will release in game footage when they have a good working beta or at least some of the game written and such. im sure bungie "farmed" it out to another dev. because they have their hands full with making halo 3 unbelievable, because that is the game everyone wants, not a real time strategy halo. I personally would like to see a MMO Halo, sort of in the vein that Huxley is going to be

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think it will do very good.

after all, Halo was originally going to be an RTS.

new topics

top topics

join