It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar way way up in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi,

just browsing Youtube today and found this one, forgive me if it has been posted before. It shows a large cigar way up in the sky quite clearly and lasts for a good couple of minutes.

What do i think it is?, well it is massive in size but there isn't any perspective to measure it against but the only explanation is that you can get these inflatable UFO'S. The only thing with that is it looks like the filmed UFO has a metallic look about it,

Let me know what you think

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The only thing it looks like it could be would be a balloon. But it's not moving up or down. Maybe a balloon with a string attached?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Amazing video imo - shame the video doesnt show what happened to it tho, as any sort of propulsion would have ruled out a really massiv long thin baloon......

Probably the clearest video I ever seen, and looks very real.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't be able to say if is a baloon or a cigar shaped ufo. I've had a sighting of a cigar shaped years back but there is something in this footage that doesn't convince me. As for the flight patern is tyical of a cigar shaped ufo...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
that looks very much like a solar powered balloon that my kids were given a couple of years back. We've yet to take it out and try it, I think I've always been worried about what would actually become of it once we let it go.
here's a look at one of these on the ground

link

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's fairly clear that the object is a helium/hydrogen filled balloon. If it was a 'metallic' object, then there should have been some sort of reflection of the sun/ambient light. There doesn't seem to be any.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pretty damn good... just wish the guy had been a better cameraman. Nice Brummy accent too. Good close up shots, but too brief... and if we could have seen the thing move off, that would have been good, too. It seemed as if it changed attitude, too - from horizontal to vertical - which would rule out the idea of it being a balloon.

It looked way too rigid and even to be a balloon, anyway.

Good find.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just out of interest, wouldn't a balloon get blown around more than that object does? It seems to go perfectly straight in flight in that video.

i'd say the picture of the balloon in that link could be it, but it looks like the one in the video is a lot longer.

it almost looks like a slow Rod.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by apex]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wonder if cigars have another meaning. Maybe ET's liked Clinton?

Anyway, cigar-shaped objects have been seen for many years. Wonder who they are and what they want.

I'd like nothing better than to see one of these things land and state their case.

I wonder if they are living things? It could be they are another life form from the universe, and not necessarily a "vehicle" of some kind. Who's to say?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for supplying that image of the Airship, i was trying to find a picture of them to compare. The UFO in the video to me seems longer, thinner and more rigid and looking at the airship toy i don't think that's it..

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Thanks for supplying that image of the Airship, i was trying to find a picture of them to compare. The UFO in the video to me seems longer, thinner and more rigid and looking at the airship toy i don't think that's it..

This one looks like it and is readily available from uk outlets.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This looks like an inflatable ballon- Is this what all the hoopla is about a cigar-shaped UFO?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
It's fairly clear that the object is a helium/hydrogen filled balloon. If it was a 'metallic' object, then there should have been some sort of reflection of the sun/ambient light. There doesn't seem to be any.

As I said don't know and I'm not conviced by the footage but I have to argue about reflection that you mentioned. Has been said so many times that Ufos don't reflect light. At least few of them (and cigar shaped is one of them). So that cannot be an argument...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Originally posted by October

This one looks like it and is readily available from uk outlets.

Thanks for the photo Comparing! It really helps when you have something to put next to any UFO.. Such as the kites flying around and such.. Good find and good video, but looks to me to be the long shaped ballon.. Which if not for the picture, would not have known about such ballons

top topics

join