It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary claims Pope in child abuse cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I really, really hope that this is proven untrue..because i for one am sick to death of hearing about religous peers (not just Catholic) sexually abusing kids or for that matter, trying to cover it up.

www.news.com.au...

Over 20 years, the man formerly known as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger enforced a secret 1962 document on how bishops should deal with allegations of child abuse which included a code of secrecy, enforceable by excommunication, the BBC Panorama investigation said.

The Church needs to be purged of these animals. To coverup is to CONDONE.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i wonder how many times the bbc covered up for one of there own, or an english peer or something.

those in glass houses should not throw stones....

we all know these things go on, but how much of that stuff goes on in england by people high up in power also.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
The Church needs to be purged of these animals.

It's everywhere and it's sick. It's in ALL the churches. It's in the schools. It's everywhere that there are children. Right now mostly you hear about the evil doings of those men who entered the priesthood as part of their 'hunting of children'. But when you look deeper and further .. it's everywhere.

Freak'n sick.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is just one sign that GOD exists.

God creates a balance....

Muslim extrimists (morons) kill people where fallen priests (morons as well) abuse children. Both are very sick.

A balance is a must... and this is how God made it to be.
Either way we look at it my friends.. all religions have sick people whos wrong doing creates a balance.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Apparently, the US House of Representatives have been covering up for a predator for a year now.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Right now mostly you hear about the evil doings of those men who entered the priesthood as part of their 'hunting of children'.

Being in the seminary I can speak from experience and from the people I know. Im not saying that that doesnt happen but It sure as hell would be hard.

Considering you have to go through almost bi yearly psycharitiac tests, weekly meetings with the head of the "house", a strenious 12 years of theology and philosophy theaching, community life, Daily prayer(morning noon and night), daily adoration, daily mass, Group meals etc....

and ontop of it no personal computer acess confinemnt to the compounds of the seminary unless given permission to leave along with having almost no personal space.

Its all these things that make me beileve that if someone reallly would ahve to be increidbly sick to put up with that for 12 years and then be able to put up a good moral theological front all because they want to fullfill their fantisies. I dont think it happens. Im sure that the most common thing is sexual repression comes out after ordination.

Thats just something I think people dont realize. Its not like its a walk in teh park and anyone can become a priest.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
Being in the seminary I can speak from experience and from the people I know. Im not saying that that doesnt happen but It sure as hell would be hard.

You are in a good seminary then Mizar. I have heard stories about how radically liberal and anti-Catholic some seminaries can get. I have heard this from friends who are priests. When you see Cardinals like Mahoney .. is it any wonder that some seminaries stray from teaching? Then it goes further ... one priest friend (I'll U2U with ya' on this) even tells where some seminaries are so non-catholic that anyone who goes in with true Catholic beliefs is sifted out quickly.

someone reallly would ahve to be increidbly sick to put up with that for 12 years

Pedophiles are sick. There is no time limit on their hunting of children. Pedophilia is hard wired into them. It doesn't matter if they hunt a child for a day or for a decade. They hunt. They hunt until they die.

Edited to add - Mizar .. when i said that they go into the seminaries I mean that they become priests as a cover. They aren't called to the priesthood by God. They go in to the priesthood; or as school teachers; or as boy scout leaders; etc. as a COVER for what they are really there for .. hunting.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join