It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mind altering sounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Mind altering sounds, has any one used a mind altering sound to improve how they think or just to try to open the mythological 3 eye. . And at what frequency and what happened

[edit on 1-10-2006 by cmaracing]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
you may be very interested in this
www.silvaultramindsystem.com...

Designed to help you relax and get "centered"

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A few years back there was a book called "Superlearning" that recommended listening to music of the baroque period to enhance and speed up the learning process while studying.

I tried it, but didn't notice any difference, but the music was pleasant.

As I recall, it was the cadence of the music that was supposed to be the enhancer.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I work in a tv station and I saw this show where in the UK scientist have found a way to deter youths from loitering outside business. Its a device that sends sounds in a frequency that only young people can hear and find it unberable, the younger you are the louder you hear it. old people dont even hear it but youths run away from it. This in a way is a mind altering sound that is targeted to a certain group of people.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
www.bwgen.com

The brainwave generator is pretty neat to play around with...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Indeed, Bwgen is a pretty good software.
It's also easy to use and with a bit of reading you'll be able to create your own presets and experiment.
But you'll need a bit of reading about binaural beats, brainwaves (alpha, theta ...)

There's this site i often go to for info :
www.web-us.com...

But there are many around.
you probably should start with the ones i think started it and made it popular :
Monroe Institute
for Hemi-Sync technology.

May i add : if someone followed the Monroe Institute Gateway program, could they please share their experiences ?

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Chrysalis]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I just used a simple metronome to enter into a trance and was able to pull this out of my guitar in 2001-

MEDITATION RHYTHMS

[edit on 2-10-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I would want to see this work on a polygraph before I said it really did anything. Alpha waves usually are generated when you are awake and close your eyes. Most of the other waves, such as Delta are only seen if the subject has fallen asleep. Theta waves are normally seen while awake and learning or using your memory.

Personally I think these generators are cons.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have found that two albums i listen to on headphones at low volume in a quiet dark place makes me have lucid visions.they are Brian Eno-Ambient 4 on land,and Brian Eno -Apollo atmospheres.It usually takes 15-20 minutes for the effect to take place but it is very relaxing.Mind you this isnt music per say but rather looped sounds and effects ,i cant really describe it but it is very peaceful.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have just started to investigate the breaking up of the musical scale. The music we are used to has the half step intervals between notes. There is music with quarter steps in it especially in the Middle Eastern type areas and Asian music. I am trying to go even further in 1/8 step scales to 1/16 scales and so on and so on. Music is the key to transform in my opinion. To explain it better every note on a piano is 1/2 step away from each other and configured into scales. I want to make the steps smaller.

Anyone out there had experience with making scales breaking it up like I have mentioned.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Listen to LUSTMORD or any music in the dark ambient genre... its trully magnifescent.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Agree on the Brian Eno and the Darkwave Ambience.

My most mind altering sound experience came with a substance of choice, the lights off, headphones, and Oceanic by ISIS.

It was an amazing experience.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dvd500
I work in a tv station and I saw this show where in the UK scientist have found a way to deter youths from loitering outside business. Its a device that sends sounds in a frequency that only young people can hear and find it unberable, the younger you are the louder you hear it. old people dont even hear it but youths run away from it. This in a way is a mind altering sound that is targeted to a certain group of people.

Kids use that at schools for mobile ring tones. Quiet easily message people on the phone without a noise.

You randomly start it then everyone in the class looks around saying 'WHATS THE FREAKEN NOISE!?!!'. Then the teacher is like, what noise? Pretty funny.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I would want to see this work on a polygraph before I said it really did anything. Alpha waves usually are generated when you are awake and close your eyes. Most of the other waves, such as Delta are only seen if the subject has fallen asleep. Theta waves are normally seen while awake and learning or using your memory.

Personally I think these generators are cons.

i believe you mean an electro encephalogram, as polygraphs don't measure brainwaves to my knowledge. the eeg does that.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmaracing
Mind altering sounds, has any one used a mind altering sound to improve how they think or just to try to open the mythological 3 eye. . And at what frequency and what happened

My experience is that drumming, sustained over a lengthy period is condusive to helping me focus. There's a lot of material out there, from Iron Butterfly's Inagaddadavida to Ginger Baker's many offerings (and that's just in rock). Jazz also has many great drummers, like Gene Krupa.

But, these days, I'm finding the work of David and Steve Gordon to be the best to have in the background as I work/meditate.

The drumming is primal, in sync with my heartbeat and perfect while I paint (for instance), ratcheting my focus up a notch as it carries me away from outside influences and into the 'inner beat'.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by cmaracing

My experience is that drumming, sustained over a lengthy period is condusive to helping me focus. There's a lot of material out there, from Iron Butterfly's Inagaddadavida to Ginger Baker's many offerings (and that's just in rock). Jazz also has many great drummers, like Gene Krupa.

But, these days, I'm finding the work of David and Steve Gordon to be the best to have in the background as I work/meditate.

The drumming is primal, in sync with my heartbeat and perfect while I paint (for instance), ratcheting my focus up a notch as it carries me away from outside influences and into the 'inner beat'.

Jazz might have great drummers, but I doubt that listening to jazz drumming would be condusive to focusing, because of all the fills and time changes.

top topics

join