It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is MSNBC Going to Die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I love FOX, but have from time to time, enjoyed watching MSNBC -- far better than CNN at least.

Anyway, doesn't it seem like TPTB at NBC are just giving up on it? Instead of reruns of their nightly news analysis shows, they show horribly depressing documentaries about high security prisons late night.

They were supposed to drop the MS and revamp the lineup and become the NBC News Channel, but that hasn't happened yet.

And it seems whenever they come up with a good idea, the squash it without giving it a chance, like the live Tucker Carlson show at 11pm when FOX was rerunning O'Reilly. I was really getting into that show, but never watch him now in his new time slot.

[edit on 9/28/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is a serious question .
Apart from the likes of Republicans who watches Fox News ?
Personaly if I want news excluding local content I will vist the BBC website or if Im up untill the ealy hours I will watch BBC world news on free to air New Zealand TV.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 1-10-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
MSNBC,for whatever reason, has been in ratings trouble almost from it's inception. I think part of the reason is because MSNBC appeals to, if to anyone, to the younger generation. The problem with that is,with me being an exception, most youngsters (Thirty years of age and younger), are not keeping up with world events. Therefore,what target does MSNBC have to appeal to?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
good question djhon, I also enjoy watching msnbc news alot, but it's like all they run during the day is crappy documentaries and that makes me just turn the channel.
EDIT: You love Fox

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revelmonk
good question djhon, I also enjoy watching msnbc news alot, but it's like all they run during the day is crappy documentaries and that makes me just turn the channel.
EDIT: You love Fox

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Revelmonk]

I personally would rather watch Fox as opposed to CNN...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I LOVE the Abrams report on MSNBC. It's the best show of Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. Unfortunately (for us) Abrams got promoted so I don't know what will happen to his show. Good for him; bad for us.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
...Should get on the ball and do something for its night time lineup....I agree, that prison thing they keep running all the time is not driving the masses to watch them at all. I, for one, tune to the dreaded FOX (ugh) only because MSNBC has let me down.

They have Tucker (eeeek) he's alright for awhile, i guess (boy, that dancing with the stars didnt do anything for him:@@
and they have others that are not very popular.
One thing they do have going for them is Keith Olbermann who happens to be numero uno right now- other than that....pffft....not good.

And what ever happened to Rita Cosby? Did she finally loose her voice completely???
ouch. It hurt MY vocal chords to listen to HERS.

Whats up with that???

top topics

join