It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough: Drug wipes out allergies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Possible end to allergies? Enter drug CYT003-QbG10.

Cytos Biotechnology of Zurich, Switzerland, has developed a drug that it calls CYT003-QbG10, which fools the body into thinking it is being attacked by mycobacteria. This class of bacteria is encountered far less today because of modern cleanliness. The bogus attack tricks the immune system into changing tactics to focus on tackling the potentially larger threat, rather than producing allergic reactions to less harmful things.

Preliminary results from a trial of 10 people with hay fever suggest that after a six-week course of injections, their sensitivity to grass pollen was reduced a hundredfold, eliminating their symptoms. Cytos claims the patients remained symptom-free up to eight months after the therapy, though it could not say whether the relief would be permanent.

Drug CYT003-QbG10

"Achoo!"

Mod Edit: all CAP title

[edit on 28-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is fantastic! Great find ^^ I have allergies myself, I hope this breakthrough is promising

[edit on 28-9-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I admit, I didn't read the article for this. Does this include deadly alergies also? Or just the normal hayfever ones?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wonder if it will work with Dust and Cat allergies as that is what triggers my asthma the most often. :crosses fingers:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I just decided to submit it to the CTV news centre here by email and see what they think

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I wonder if it will work with Dust and Cat allergies as that is what triggers my asthma the most often. :crosses fingers:

Why wait? I stopped my dust & cat allergies overnight. (I owned cats and my reaction had gone beyond itchy eyes and sinuses - I was getting hives from them.) The drugs were little help.

Check out the Water Cure, it's so easy. Of course, it claims to cure everything, which it doesn't, but the theory behind why it stops histamines seems to be sound. It worked for me and I have forced it
on a few people headed to the Dr. with severe asthma from allergy attacks and they were fine in 20 minutes.

Here's a link to get the right formula of water intake and sea salts per your body weight.

Calculate Your Needs

And this article explains, among other things, the more about the slaims of the cure itself.

Link

Edit: Of course there is a downside, it's such a bother taking time to pee all day.

[edit on 9/29/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll think I will try that. I don't see how it works from a Chemistry perspective, but neither do I see how "Therapudic Touch" works either and I have been a recipient of that therapy as well(it worked to reduce buildup in mah "guts" while I was on Morphine in the Hospitol a few years back).

[edit on 29-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Great news. My allergies are primarly a small issue, but I'd love to be rid of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Actually, it's quite simple.

According to the theory, histamines are produced when you are dehydrated to preserve further loss of fluid. Histamines are also the cause of allergic reaction symptoms to many. Rehydrate properly and the histamines are reduced, as oppossed to most allergy meds which dehydrate you further setting up a nasty cycle.

Anyway - it worked for me and a few people I forced it on when I had the sea salts in my purse.
Can't tell you what a relief it was to not have to give up my companions of 15 years.

Someone had a thread recently about the the possibility of dehydration (and it's many side affects) being responsible for the high concentration of "unrest" in the mid-east. Makes one think, but I can assure you dehydration does play a large role in allergic reaction. It might explain why everyone who moves to Florida thinks they have more allergies down here.

Wonder if this new drug is as dehydrating as all the other allergy meds. If not, that alone would make it more successful than everything else out there.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Someone had a thread recently about the the possibility of dehydration (and it's many side affects) being responsible for the high concentration of "unrest" in the mid-east. Makes one think, but I can assure you dehydration does play a large role in allergic reaction.

Okay, I get that. I'm just not entirely clear on how the water substance acts on the histamines(science geek here, sorry, I like to figure out how things work) on a biochemical level. My dad drinks a lot of water, yet he gets hay fever every year. He has to use Nettles to get rid of that(doesn't work for me).

I hope this works as my Puffers are potentially dangerous(as my doctor keeps telling me, she is trying to wean me off of them as I'm dependant on them now).

[edit on 29-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I found that inhalent allergies are easily controlled with homeopathics.

Now my problem is food allergies i.e.MSG & all mono amines, phenol compounds and citric acid. The reaction is histamine proliferation, but not the runny nose or watery eyes. Instead it is a burning headache with what I call thunder fog. There is a roaring in the head and the ability to concentrace is greatly diminished. Sometimes the eyes are out of focus. There are flu like aches in the body and also a burning sensation. My MD has only his sympathy to offer. I tried the water thing - didn't help.

I'm not at all open to trying a drug that creates more histamine.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is sensational. There are so many potential applications for this.. apart from allergies there are other immunity disorders where the body severly attacks itself. Exsma [sp], asthma, lupis, graves disease etc.. I think this could eventually save lives.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by riley]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i've woken up sneezing every day for the past 2 months. i have NO IDEA what has been going on recently. i've always had dust allergies and occassionally i'd have a bad day, but never like this. there must be something growing outside because it's really abnormal. i hope this stuff is for real. if it is, i'll be the first in line for it.

top topics

join