It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little man...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yes it wore a hat, which of course seems ridiculous. Where did it get it's clothes?! It didn't have a cane though, if it had I'd have probably spotted it on the red light district...

I think Africa is a great place to begin in the search for cryptozoological creatures; it's a huge and mysterious place. If anybody has seen David Icke's interviews with Credo Mutwa then it's easy to see how acceptable 'things that go bump in the night' are.

On another 'little man' note, a friend of mine's dad had an encounter with a strange baby in a pram. He was working as a removal man and was clearing a house out in Bolton. The couple who lived there had left a pram in the hall and in it lay a baby with an old man's head...
He still has nightmares apparently. However I don't know how true this is!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi, I live in Ireland, and I DO know how mysterious Britain can be...... Tis fairly odd!!!

As for the baby in the pram.... The baby may have a skin disease???

I don't know...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hi Orla,

Well Ireland has it's fair share of oddities! Giant's Causeway springs to mind, how can that be a natural formation!?

I once met an Orla from Ireland in Prague, it wasn't you was it?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nah, it wasn't me.... LOL....

Yeah.... Ireland has its fair share... I would have thought of the Banshee well before the Giants Causeway!!!
LOL... But thats just me

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I thought it was a bit of 1 in a million shot that it might have been you but oh well. Tell me more about the Banshee!?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well it is a strange part of the country - Little Hulton - 'nuff said
but there's also that big temple thing up there (IIRC locals were allowed in once for a look and spoke of wierd opulence - floating balls of gold etc). It's owned by a cult of some sort but don't know what/why they believe and why they thing that bit of Lancs is a good place to spend £Millions on a temple.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Are you talking about Squire Hulton's land? Where is this temple? You got me curious now!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'll try and find details, IIRC it's signposted off the roundabout at the M61 w'hton exit

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Very odd. Do you live near Little Hulton? I've seen some strange things on Squire Hulton's land. There's lots of bizarre inaccessible enclosures and 'things' moving about in the dense woodland. My brother and I were being watched from a hedge last time we were up there. Odd place.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
can't find it on the web so here's what I remember:

I used to visit a client south of Chorley - in that area (M61 J5/6) there was a large temple built by some religion / cult. It was massive and many millions were spent on it. Local rumours abounded about what went on there so they had an open day for invited locals to have a look around, those that went reported it was incredibly opulent with marble, fountains and some kind of floating gold ball. The cult (etc) arranged the day to show they had nothing to hide / quell the rumours but only allowed visitors access to part of it and said it was a strictly one-off event.

This would have been '90/92 ish.

I remember reading the report in the local paper but which one I don't recall (deffo Chorley/w'hton etc not the MEN).

I know this is sketchy and probably nothing to do with your little man but maybe you can find out more than I can find.

Just a thought - there isn't a showman's winter camp near there is there? Could be a 'freakshow' peformer just out for a walk?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
From what I know there isn't a freakshow or any showman's events going on around Westhoughton, and there wasn't at the time I saw this thing. However, that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a freak. Nearby to where I saw it I remember there used to be a family with a young girl, and she had to be tied up when she went outside, rather like a dog would be. She was ravenous! However, this probably doesn't relate to the little man.

As for the temple thing, I'll have a look into it. To be honest my parents would probably know a lot more about that than me, I was only ickle in 1990. I'll see what I can find out. Cheers for the info!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Did you ever consider the thought that it just may have been a Dwarf (Little Person)?

Think about it, you are walking along obviously not expecting it and you see a Dwarf. Your mind starts to roll at the shock of seeing this little guy and it starts to take on a mythical, crypto feel. Dwarfs are very small to begin with and your view may have made him seem even smaller.

What do you think? Is there a chance of this?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Did you ever consider the thought that it just may have been a Dwarf (Little Person)?

There is a huge difference between dwarfs and midgets...dwarfs are usually "deformed" in that their arms and legs are bowed and appear to be too short for the rest of the body. The head also looks too big for the rest of the person. A midget however is a person who is in perfect proportion but very small (not quite 50 to 70cm but small in comparison to average people) - could be confused for a child until you see the face is older.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Seeing a dwarf wouldn't shock me! I've seen a few in my time. It was a thin, proportioned little man. 50-60cm tall. Plus the fact that it was trying to hide from me and then ran off. An absolute oddity…

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
Well Ireland has it's fair share of oddities! Giant's Causeway springs to mind, how can that be a natural formation!?
Quite easilly. There is no mystery about it, or it's formation. A few legends, given, but it was formed from an entirely natural process.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul

There is a huge difference between dwarfs and midgets...dwarfs are usually "deformed" in that their arms and legs are bowed and appear to be too short for the rest of the body. The head also looks too big for the rest of the person. A midget however is a person who is in perfect proportion but very small (not quite 50 to 70cm but small in comparison to average people) - could be confused for a child until you see the face is older.

I humbly apologize to the Dwarfs and Midgets if I have offended anyone. However, one of my favorite shows is Little People, Big World with the Rollof family on TLC. If I am not mistaken they refer to themselves as little people. The Father, Mother and one Son are not perfectly proportioned as you say. Heads and upper torso's tend to be larger and legs tend to be bowed or shorter than proportional.

Not trying to argue with you, I just want to be accurate no matter who is right.

See link to series: tlc.discovery.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I humbly apologize to the Dwarfs and Midgets if I have offended anyone. However, one of my favorite shows is Little People, Big World with the Rollof family on TLC. If I am not mistaken they refer to themselves as little people. The Father, Mother and one Son are not perfectly proportioned as you say. Heads and upper torso's tend to be larger and legs tend to be bowed or shorter than proportional.
Not trying to argue with you, I just want to be accurate no matter who is right.
See link to series: tlc.discovery.com...

jbondo, I was not offended at all and was merely pointing out the difference. I suppose dwarfs and midgets don't like those "labels" and prefer to be referred to as "little people" which I understand entirely. The "little" members of the Rollof family are indeed dwarfs. The connotations attached to this word however are not good...one thinks of the circus when talking of dwarfs...so alot of dwarfs and midgets prefer the "little people label" instead!
Thanks for the link. I didn't even know that there was such a show on TV! Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I was just thinking in general about offending people. As far as identification goes, I am glad to be a bit more educated than I was yesterday. Thanks for that.

Strange thing is, I have seen every episode (terrific insight and very interesting) and can't remember hearing the term Dwarf at all. I guess I am just enjoying the family so much that I must be missing references to the term. They do delve into all aspects of what people in their situation deal with. Hmmm, it just strikes me that I am missing such an impactive term. Being Dwarfs, they must have said it before!

Don't mind me as I go on and on like a nutjob, just wracking my brain. Yea, I have mental problems of the highest order.

*resumes pulling hair out of head thinking it will help memory*

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
I thought it was a bit of 1 in a million shot that it might have been you but oh well. Tell me more about the Banshee!?

The bean-sidhe (woman of the fairy) may be an ancestral spirit appointed to forewarn members of certain ancient Irish families of their time of death. According to tradition, the banshee can only cry for five major Irish families: the O'Neills, the O'Briens, the O'Connors, the O'Gradys and the Kavanaghs. Intermarriage has since extended this select list.

Whatever her origins, the banshee chiefly appears in one of three guises: a young woman, a stately matron or a raddled old hag. These represent the triple aspects of the Celtic goddess of war and death, namely Badhbh, Macha and Mor-Rioghain.)The Banshee She usually wears either a grey, hooded cloak or the winding sheet or grave robe of the unshriven dead. She may also appear as a washer-woman, and is seen apparently washing the blood stained clothes of those who are about to die. In this guise she is known as the bean-nighe (washing woman).

Although not always seen, her mourning call is heard, usually at night when someone is about to die. In 1437, King James I of Scotland was approached by an Irish seeress or banshee who foretold his murder at the instigation of the Earl of Atholl. This is an example of the banshee in human form. There are records of several human banshees or prophetesses attending the great houses of Ireland and the courts of local Irish kings. In some parts of Leinster, she is referred to as the bean chaointe (keening woman) whose wail can be so piercing that it shatters glass. In Kerry, the keen is experienced as a "low, pleasant singing"; in Tyrone as "the sound of two boards being struck together"; and on Rathlin Island as "a thin, screeching sound somewhere between the wail of a woman and the moan of an owl".

The banshee may also appear in a variety of other forms, such as that of a hooded crow, stoat, hare and weasel - animals associated in Ireland with witchcraft.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thebox, I advise you to take a look at the "Proof of leprechaun-like beings" thread and see if there is any correlation to what you have seen. Did you notice any mist or smoke in the air? Did your mood suddenly change?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join