It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA, FBI, and NSA Should Spread Christianity Throughout the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Especially among nations with nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are the technology most antithetical to peace, goodwill, and love between nations. More important, is the saving of Souls at the highest level of Spiritual living. Religions that advocate even the slightest bit of violence missed the boat. Turn the other cheek.

Christians that were sheep have become Shepherds and have a responsibility to protect and safeguard the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
peace, goodwill, and love

What the hell does forcing your own belief onto others have to do with peace, goodwill and love?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

What the hell does forcing your own belief onto others have to do with peace, goodwill and love?

It has nothing to do with force. It has to do with peacefully, goodwillingly, and lovingly enlightening Spiritually.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
They are spreading the message of peace, hope and salvation for Humanity.

and bombing, torturing, and murdering anyone that gets in the way.

what a wonderfull world, eh..?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

They are spreading the message of peace, hope and salvation for Humanity.

and bombing, torturing, and murdering anyone that gets in the way.

what a wonderfull world, eh..?

toolman, who is responsible for bombing, torturing, and murdering? Based on country citizenship, position, Spiritual beliefs, and religious affiliation.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

Source.

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Source.

Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq
Min: 43426
Max: 48215

Source.

American Deaths
Since war began (3/19/03): 2703
Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03): 2566
Since Capture of Saddam (12/13/03): 2236
Since Handover (6/29/04): 1837
Since Election (1/31/05): 1267

Other Coalition Troops 232
US Military Deaths - Afghanistan 338

Source.

Many more horrifying statistics can be found here. Hopefully they illustrate sufficiently the horror that one poor misguided idiots faith in any given higher power can bring upon the planet.

I know what you're going to say: "Bush?!? He's no Christian!" Well, you may well have a point, but he sure as hell isn't bring your deity any good press.

Perhaps this is why you feel these forces should be enlisted to lay a little Christianity on the heathen masses. Perhaps your all powerful god needs the help? Those you name have sure done a great laying a little democracy on them, why not move on to creed?

Christian countries have been, and continue to be responsible for countless deaths.

The Crusades were a series of military campaigns waged in the name of Christendom and usually sanctioned by the Pope.

Source.

Death in the name of a peaceful, loving god who positively overflows with goodwill, is certainly nothing new.

You can not dictate to people what to believe. Who's to say you're right? This rock of ours has many differing beliefs, and you know what they say about opinions.

Here's a famous quote for you:

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong ." -- David Fasold

To be perfectly frank, I don't see any intellectual brilliance in the OP.

[edit on 26/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

toolman, who is responsible for bombing, torturing, and murdering? Based on country citizenship, position, Spiritual beliefs, and religious affiliation.

From the institution of the Carolingian monarchy in Frankish Gaul to present day virtually all xian nations. From the countries claimed and led by leaders christened by
the vatican and the pope " His Most Catholic Majesty" and " His Most Christian Majesty".

From the Crusades against Muslims to their Crusades against other Christians, to their
crusades against the Native peoples of North , Central and South America. Let us not
forget their institution of that famous or Infamous organization The Holy Office of the Inquisition, who's most recent leader now parks his ass in that redoubtable seat of Peter the thick.

Just so that there is no doubt, although few today realize it the Protestant revolution was not advocating a new religion/belief. It advocated a return to the old
ways of catholicism. One of the rallying crys of the reformation was Why do Bishops ride when Christ walked. Another was the lack of biblical support for a Pope.

Out of the reformation, the inquisition, and the cromwellian protectorate came another "CROWNING GLORY" of the pauline christian movement. The Witch trials, events in which people who had the utter audacity to question " The Revealed Truths" of the church or actually Thought for themselves.

Let us not forget those who today bare ther family names of Priest, Abbot, ...son
IE: ROBERTSON or as it should read ROBERT'S Son, ROBINSON , Richardson
and on and on that reflect the patronage of various clergy who could not claim
rightful patronage or because of english " first Night Laws".

Lest any think I have forgotten or overlooked Islam, I have not. There is No question
that Islam spread via the sword. There is no question that Islam divided just as
christianity did.

Islam divided upon the death of the Prophet Mohammed just as what is known today
as Christianity did upon the death/disappearance of the Prophet/Rabbi Jeshua.

For Islam the division was over which Daughter of the Prophet should lead,interesting
that in the beginning the division was over which Woman should lead. Today
Women have no place in the leadership of Islam. Nomatter which Sunni or Shia Women have no place.

In the so called Christians the division was between James and The Magdalene (people who were actually closely associated((by blood and marraige)) with the Rabbi) and Paul aka Saul the agent of the Sanhedrain, murderer and assasin of the
followers of R,Jeshua.( when he couldnt beat them he converted them.)

In answer to your question above , Predominately those that claim to be Christian Nations.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What happened to seperation of church and state??

Those agencies you mentioned should be the last things that should spread any religion anywhere. Let the churches do that if they can. I know I will not be buying what they're selling though.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The CIA, FBI, and NSA Should Spread Christianity Throughout the World

Would you feel the same if they spread Buddhism?

I would say that involving a religious group would segregate all people from other religions with regards to how these organisations are run and as a result these organisations would be influenced by Christianity and those solely of that belief (whether for good or bad).

These organisations need to be non biased with regards to religion and focus on the reason in which they were organised in the first place.

If anything, these organistaions need to steer clear of religious influence and be neutral where religion is involved.

Sounds like your bible bashing to me..

Perhaps you are the Creeping Jesus and not me.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
Would you feel the same if they spread Buddhism?

No, as a born-Catholic and born-again-Catholic, I believe Christianity is the most loving and peaceful religion in the world.

I would say that involving a religious group would segregate all people from other religions with regards to how these organisations are run and as a result these organisations would be influenced by Christianity and those solely of that belief (whether for good or bad).

These organisations need to be non biased with regards to religion and focus on the reason in which they were organised in the first place.

Some regard their first thoughts of each day in Spiritual and religious terms and these thoughts guide them through each day. Many organizations are Spiritually and religously-based in the first place.

If anything, these organistaions need to steer clear of religious influence and be neutral where religion is involved.

If we steer clear of Spirituality and religion completely, we all die as we were first created to love and worship God, Almighty Father.

Sounds like your bible bashing to me..

The Holy Bible is my favorite book, one that I read each day, and from which I learn from God each day.

Perhaps you are the Creeping Jesus and not me.

What is the "Creeping Jesus"? I love Jesus and believe He was and is the best human in history. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, while realizing that God is the Ultimate Power.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ι'm sorry if i sound a bit like a christian basher, but i don't even want to imagine an entirely christian world, or a one religion world for that matter. Even if the entire planet was christian, each nation would be a different denomination. Nations would still fight, because i know how well catholics and baptists get along (at least in texas anyways). We shouldn't be concerned about spreading christianity, but rather love. Love is the only thing that can save us from fighting, and i mean a deep level of love not what some people consider love.

Think about what the world would be like if the U.S. was a catholic nation and the middle east were baptists, russia and china could be evangelists etc. There is not a reason for me putting those particular denominations with those countries, it's just a random example.

If we truly want to achieve unity, it can not be because we all have one religion, this will never work because somebody will always come around with a new denomination. What we need to do to achieve unity is learn to accept the fact that anybody can believe what they want and not criticize them for it. Only through open-mindedness and love can we reach a true harmony. We must not place any one religion above another, and surely we must keep religion and govt. seperate.

Religions will come and go, but love is eternal

may peace and love blossom into your lives

Pancho

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Nations would still fight

How about eliminating militaries worldwide? The amount of hatred towards shown by all militaries of the world towards human beings is astronomical. Maybe one religion for the world would cure the world problem of militaries.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I feel that what we need is not one religion, or one govt. We do need unity though, and that is all that will save us. If you are willing to help me simply by showing people what love can do for them, it would be appreciated. No military sounds good, but then we would have to deal with the rebels who wanted to have the world for themselves. We've got a long, bumpy road ahead of us, but love will prevail. Love for each other, love for our deity, and a acceptance that everyone is entitled to there own beliefs are the only things that can help us make it through the hard times ahead.

I may sound a little crazy and i'm sorry if i got a bit off topic, i'm just sick of sitting around watching this world fall into this trance waiting to be enslaved. We need to act now before it's too late, love should be thing one thing we spread worldwide.

Pancho

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Nations would still fight

How about eliminating militaries worldwide? The amount of hatred towards shown by all militaries of the world towards human beings is astronomical. Maybe one religion for the world would cure the world problem of militaries.

Then you would love to become a Buddhist. It is largely a peaceful religion (far more peaceful than christianity) and based on non-violence.

Whereas christianity is full of blood. It has killed not only people, scientists, women in the name of 'Holy' Bible, but also cultures which the father of your great grandfather practised for centuries, worshiped with love. Now they are made extinct. Isn't it a worst sin of all?

Isn't the freepeople of Ireland are largely converted by giving them soups, largely exploiting their miseries? We will give you medicine only if you read the 'Holy' Bible, where is the humanity here?

Christianity is full of lies, lies upon lies to cover other lies. Like an onion. If you peel all the layer there is nothing, may be one big lie.

Your 'one religion for the world' shows how much you hate other religions. That is what you learned from your 'peaceful' christianity.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

EXACTLY...........

theese SAME EXACT PEACE LOVING CHRISTIANS,

are the very same CRUSADERS, INQUISITION, SALEM WITCH TRIAL PEOPLE,,
and are responsible for more DEATHS and TORTURE,
BABY BASHING, RAPES, and MURDER,,,

than the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED!!!!!!!

boy, talk about the devil DECEIVING people!!!!!

last time i checked,
big business and christians, are destroying everything that GOD MADE!!!
cutting down forests, and killing animals so they can have a bigger buisiness
with more PARKING SPACE, so they can
make more money WHILE MAKING POORER PEOPLE SUFFER.........
SOME CHRISTIANS (you have been deceived)

they are some of the worst people i've EVER MET!!!!

they think that DONATING to charity,
and community service,
make up for all their EVIL DOINGS...............NOT.........

they treat their PETS better than HUMANS (poor ones anyways)

they are the SAME ones who will not even look at you,
if you are NOT wearing DESIGNER clothes and FANCY CARS!!!!

they would NEVER let a stranger into their house, much less feed him,
and give him a place to stay for the night......

and here's a clue/hint for them,
jesus is out on the street, going to peoples houses, aqsking for help, or a ride,or
begging for food,.............DID YOU TURN HIM AWAY ???? again today??

you CANNOT serve GOD and MAMMON (money)

blind idiots ! (sorry youre not idiots just dont know any better)

"it is EASIER, for a rich man, to pass through the EYE OF A NEEDLE,
than get into heaven..."......somewhere from the bible

and all of the money in the world CANNOT EVER, make you truely happy...

only poor people, with close family , and hard workers (LABOR not HOURS WORKED)
will ever know the true meaning of HAPPINESS and RICHES
something rich people will NEVER KNOW

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

No, as a born-Catholic and born-again-Catholic, I believe Christianity is the most loving and peaceful religion in the world.

Examples of this peaceful approach would include the Inquisition, the Crusades, the massacre of millions of Native South and North Americans... the SS (I think) had "Gott Mit Uns" ("God is on our side) on their belt buckles.

I would strenuously object to having someone else's religion foisted on me... and if it were to be done by the agencies you cite, their favoured method would probably entail death squads and torture.

I've seen some pretty ignorant and foolish things on ATS and BTS in my short time here, and this is one of the most asinine ideas I've EVER seen. Sorry GT but you need to read a history book or two.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right

EXACTLY...........

theese SAME EXACT PEACE LOVING CHRISTIANS,

are the very same CRUSADERS, INQUISITION, SALEM WITCH TRIAL PEOPLE,,
and are responsible for more DEATHS and TORTURE,
BABY BASHING, RAPES, and MURDER,,,

than the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED!!!!!!!

boy, talk about the devil DECEIVING people!!!!!

Ok, I will talk about the devil deceiving people. You have been deceived if you believe that Christians were responsible for the Crusades and the Inquistion.

Seems to me it was born out of the Pontifus Maximus sun god worshipping Constantine the emperor of Rome taking control of the Christian movement when they couldn't be killed.

Yep, you have be deceived if you think Christians were responsible.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
the SS (I think) had "Gott Mit Uns" ("God is on our side) on their belt buckles.

I've seen some pretty ignorant and foolish things on ATS and BTS in my short time here, and this is one of the most asinine ideas I've EVER seen. Sorry GT but you need to read a history book or two.

I agree with the second paragraph completely. The state-sponsored spread of religion is dangerously naive and is very close to what the Spanish tried to do everywhere. You have heard of the Spanish Inquisition I take it? No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hell, I must stop channelling Cardinal Fang...

As for the first paragraph, I think that the entire bloody German army had 'Gott mit uns' on their belts in the First World War. I'll check.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Darkmind]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The day humanity stops war and violence will be the same day when religions become obsolete, that day, humanity will reach another stage in evolution.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right
last time i checked,
big business and christians, are destroying everything that GOD MADE!!!
cutting down forests, and killing animals so they can have a bigger buisiness
with more PARKING SPACE, so they can
make more money WHILE MAKING POORER PEOPLE SUFFER.........
SOME CHRISTIANS (you have been deceived)

they are some of the worst people i've EVER MET!!!!

WOW! By using your logic, I could say that since men are in charge of most countries, there would be no war if women were in charge.

Actually, we are each responsible for our own actions. It has nothing to do with religion. We just have to stop being the selfish, egotixtical scumbags that we are now. It's up to each and all of us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join