It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where did the giant Snow Cruiser go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Where did the giant snow cruiser taken to the antarctic to search for hollow earth vanish too??

see pics below

www.joeld.net...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've not read anything about this, or this project.

So I guess I learn a bit from here with reply's (WAY too early to go Googling, lol

(1) When and where were these pics from?

(2) As for your question - fell in a crevass and is lost, but too much money involved to disclose perhaps?

On a silly note: the damn thing is bigger than a few mobile-homes I've lived in !! lol

Misfit

[edit on 25/9/06 by Misfit]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well it was built around 1939 for an expedtion to Antarctica and was taken on a ship called the north star, apparently it was no good on the ice and possibly abandoned so I wonder if anyone has seen it since in other expeditions if not why not where the hell is it

for more info on the actual project etc... just follow the links within the link on my first post

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
g60kg,

Thanks for postig this. I'd never heard of it before now. Interesting, and a good find.

I found the following in an article on the American Heritage website. Apparently a team did revisit the site, in 1958, but it was again abadoned.

American Heritage
In 1958 an International Geophysical Year team located the cruiser by digging with a bulldozer where a bamboo pole protruded atop many feet of snow. Reaching the spot where its wheels rested in the snow, glaciologists were able to measure accurately the snowfall since its abandonment. Inside the cruiser they found a litter of old magazines, papers, and cigarettes.

What thereafter became of the vehicle has remained the subject of conjecture. The approximate location at which it was abandoned is known, but the cruiser is nowhere to be found. One theory is that it broke off on an ice floe, floated out to sea, and sank.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If only it was re-discovered it would make a great exhibit in a museum

maybe the inner earth dwellers oinched it and took it for a joy ride deep into the planet

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have it on good authority that the snow cruiser was refused permission to enter hollow earth because it was too wide for the narrow lanes there.....

I think in the end the Atlanteans sold it to the Martians - its big wheels proving rather ore effective in the Martian deserts than the Antarctic snow.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I have it on good authority that the snow cruiser was refused permission to enter hollow earth because it was too wide for the narrow lanes there.....

I think in the end the Atlanteans sold it to the Martians - its big wheels proving rather ore effective in the Martian deserts than the Antarctic snow.

thats so funny Imagine getting a flat I wonder if good year still make that model tyre

apc

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a flat would have worked better anyway...
what hopefully unemployed engineer thought of using WHEELS on SNOW?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
what hopefully unemployed engineer thought of using WHEELS on SNOW?

I thought the same thing, apc. At least the wheels should have been studded with spikes, or similar. Perhaps something along the lines of those used on the tires in motorcycle ice racing, but larger.

new topics

top topics

join