It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock this Vote!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Who else saw the rock the vote special on CNN? It's funny how the Democrat's view of attracting voters 18-30 voters is to treat them like they have the attetion span of an ADD child on speed. For being so "progressive" and "in touch" they seem to be the laughing stock of an awful lot of college campuses.(what few that saw it. Is CNN the best place to appeal to that demographic?)

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Who else saw the rock the vote special on CNN? It's funny how the Democrat's view of attracting voters 18-30 voters is to treat them like they have the attetion span of an ADD child on speed.

Well, don't they have that kind of attention span??? Isn't this a kid nowadays

More Jolt! More Red Bull! I gotta get to the next level on Midnight Club!

In any event, this was used with Clinton and it worked b/c it showed that these politicians cared about kids and the electoral process. It worked for me BACK in 92 and I voted for Clinton.

If it worked once, why wouldn't it work again?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I saw it but did not see it the way you did, the politicians only had a short amount of time to answer the questions, that was the rules to try and give each one an equal amount of time.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It WON'T work again because they are coming to court with NO GAME! PERIOD... IMHO of course...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It worked for me BACK in 92 and I voted for Clinton.

Sorry to hear that.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not starting WW3 and not sending my ass off to kill innocent people is all the game they need for me.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Who else saw the rock the vote special on CNN? It's funny how the Democrat's view of attracting voters 18-30 voters is to treat them like they have the attetion span of an ADD child on speed.

Well, don't they have that kind of attention span??? Isn't this a kid nowadays

More Jolt! More Red Bull! I gotta get to the next level on Midnight Club!

In any event, this was used with Clinton and it worked b/c it showed that these politicians cared about kids and the electoral process. It worked for me BACK in 92 and I voted for Clinton.

If it worked once, why wouldn't it work again?

Absolutely, Colonel is right on the money.

It is advertising, that's all. People may not understand the issues, may not have a clue about right, wrong, left or right, but if the flash makes it look as if the party cares about you and will cater to you....

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Holy #! TC just said Colonel had it right on!

It's funny how the Democrat's view of attracting voters 18-30 voters is to treat them like they have the attetion span of an ADD child on speed.

As some mentioned...uhm...they do.
It isn't that they got no game though...it's that they don't have a star player.....

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Why does everyone ( Gazrok) keep forgetting the simple math applied here: GW Bush is the unit of measure to compare candidates against.

Let that sink in.

GW

Yardstick by which others are measured

Jumpin' Jeebus Man, Slingblade looks Churchillian compared to him!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

GW Bush is the unit of measure to compare candidates against.

Let that sink in.

I know, I know...and I won't be voting for him..... However, that doesn't change the fact that the average American cannot confidently name one or more Democratic candidates, and THAT is why Bush will be re-elected. Once again, the Dems have failed to pick a pony, and are trying to run a herd against a thoroughbred (politically at least...though more of a sea biscuit imho)....

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What, you don't think Colonel and me agree on things? We may not agree on the direction, but we agree on many of the mechanisms.

Yes, Bush is the yardstick as he is the one in the Oval Office. I want him replaced, but nobody as of yet measures up and then exceeds him, unfortunately. They give us crap from which to choose and we settle for the least offensive. As with everything else, political candidates are becoming mediocre.

new topics

top topics

join