It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water or Coca-Cola?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've heard the stories, rumors and myths about Coca-Cola (and other cola beverages) for years. I don't know why, but I simply accepted them as being, to some degree, true. Upon seeing this thread, I thought that I might question the "status quo".

It wasn't very hard to find information about Coca-Cola and, more specifically, about the myths and rumors about Coke. It would seem that most of what Souljah contends in his list of Coke myths is easily and logically refuted by theCoca Cola Rumors and Myths site.

It is interesting to note how simple it is to recognize the truth when it hits you in the face, for example: the idea that State Troopers lug around a case or two of Coca Cola in the trunks of their cruisers to "clean blood off of the pavement". This sounds improbable but, then, it might be true....right? Well, once you realize that there are other products that can do the job.....chearper and more effectively.....one realizes that this is a rumor.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
After all, what is so un-american about the subject of Coca-Cola?

It is the way the information was presented without checking wither the information was/is valid before posting that I objected too.

I can only assume you missed his other efforts regarding Coke and 7 UP in India which was also false information.

When in Doubt always follow Rule 1 of T&C

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
here article about india banning the sale of coke and pepsi due to high contamination of pesticides.....
and unfourtunatly here it is overturned on legal means...

soda is a very bad drink......but yes i do drink it every now and then...

hail to the all-mighty god....THE DOLLAR.....

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
here article about india banning the sale of coke and pepsi due to high contamination of pesticides.....
and unfourtunatly here it is overturned on legal means...

Coke does not use pesticides to make their product .

all that garbage is being spread by the green jeans crowd who cry foul because their levels for pesticides are lower then India's which they do not like.

Coke has consistently filtered their product to meet or exceed India's standards but they do not tell you that.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Apparently EVERYTHING that this Souljah individual says is considered ANTI-American.

Must be the JAH in his Name.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
if there's any pesticides in the coke, I would venture to guess that it came from the water that's contaminated with pesticides...which is probably the same water the people are drinking.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I must admit i don't drink a lot of soft drink. I just don't think we were meant to injest that much sugar! Do you know how much sugar there is in a can??

Anyway, I can't bag it too much because in a way, Coke saved my life. When i was about 2, i was with my parents traveling along the hippy trail at the time and was in Iran. I came down with a really nasty stomach bug and became very, very ill. My Mum took me to a doctor at the time, but with the language barrier walked away without any answers. My Mum started freaking out as i became progresivlly worse and worse. She thought i was going to die. An old lady noticed my mum crying and came over to find out what was wrong, after finding out she recomended Coca-cola! After feeding me some i became instantly better!

My Mum swears its the truth! Funny story eh?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
if there's any pesticides in the coke, I would venture to guess that it came from the water that's contaminated with pesticides...which is probably the same water the people are drinking.

Not Entirely True:

Coca-Cola Pesticide use

In 2003, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a non-governmental organisation in New Delhi, said aerated waters produced by soft drinks manufacturers in India, including multinational giants Pepsico and Coca-Cola, contained toxins including lindane, DDT, malathion and chlorpyrifos — pesticides that can contribute to cancer and a breakdown of the immune system. Tested products included Coke, Pepsi, and several other soft drinks (Seven Up, Mirinda, Fanta, Thums Up, Limca, Sprite), many produced by The Coca-Cola Company.

CSE found that the Indian produced Pepsi's soft drink products had 36 times the level of pesticide residues permitted under European Union regulations; Coca Cola's 30 times. CSE said it had tested the same products in the US and found no such residues.

Ofcourse Coca-Cola denied Everything (like usual), so they did not get charged with anything (like usual). And if you looks closely, they did not get charged for anything they did in the past either; like putting Coccaine in the original formula and stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i assume that shots must work for coke co.........

the article does state..(if they were to be read) that they do think that the pesticides did come from the water used to make coke...you know..the ultra-filtered water that a mega million dollar company would used in a developing country.......

my question is why do people think that it is all right to have all sorts of weird chemicals , arguably unneeded, put into our food and drinks? of course the standard answers are 1) it must not be bad because they let the chemicals be in the foods...they wouldn't lie to us...right.......hey!!..right...
2) it obviuosly isn't affecting me.....

'you can fool some of the people all the time and those are the ones you want to work on'

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I admit I drink far too much cola a week of every day. I take on a habbit my aunt had, haha. If in stock I get about 4 to 6 litres of coke every two days, and at times it gets worse.. I would move to water (8 cups a day) if only I had a water dispensor that was conditioned, plan on getting one sometime.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well I will tell you that soda is highly acidic escpecially coca-cola it seems to me.
The acid will break down the enamel on your teeth. So I can believe it will clean certain things because it is acidic, but it will leave behind a sticky residue.

When I worked for the US Army this is what they told us:

1. if your urine is yellow...you are dehydrated and the darker it is the worse off you are. your urine should be clear or very watery looking and you should be urinating ideally once an hour (these are recomendations under very hot conditions).

2. you should drink at least one bottle of water (16 or 17 fl oz) every hour.

3. for anything you drink with caffeine(coffee, tea, or soda) in it you must drink that same amount and more of water to cancel out the caffeine and rehydrate your body.

just some tips.... of course we always had the water buffalo nearby

[edit on 27-9-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Not Entirely True:

What are you talking about not entirely true??? Coke uses the very same water as the rest of India they do not Truck it in ya know, nor do they add pesticides into the drink. There is only one way they get into the water and that is from other sources like the textile industry that are known to pollute water.

Also do not forget because it is not as developed as other countries many take bathes and wash their own clothes in the rivers etcetera that then seep their way into the water tables of wells.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Water, definetly. Cocal-cola literally can give a person brettet's estovagus, and other problems over time. Especially, if you drink it too often. But water, seems to keep the body in balance most days.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The problem with India and coca-cola is due to first.

The people of the village where the plant is located complained about the lack of water to the people because the needed water supply to run the plant.

Second the village complained that the bypass product of the plant was dumped into the ground contaminating the water wells.

The campaigners say the plant in the village of Plachimada dries up the water supply and emits toxic sludge.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
drinking water is about my only healthy habit

I just hate how pepsi or coke feels on my teeth

the real problem is the high fructose corn syrup. it is turning a generation of kids into obese diabetics, and we all will pay the price for that, literally

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I drank Coke every other day. I was addicted. I gave it up 3 years ago when I noticed the effect it was having on my nervous system. It made me jumpy. I felt so much better without it and I drink lots of green tea now.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
All i know is that I used to drink 3-4 16 oz bottles of coke a day and I was a VERY Fat guy. I gave it up (for lent I think) one year and drank water... I lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks... just from that. No extra excercise. Just stopped the coke. SO if anything else, the calories in coke (worthless calories I might add) make you fat.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join