It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water or Coca-Cola?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

kapowaz

WATER:

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated (this likely applies to half the world’s population)
  2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger
  3. Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism by as much as 3%
  4. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs in almost 100% of the dieters studied by the University of Washington
  5. Lack of water is the number one trigger of daytime fatigue
  6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers
  7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic maths, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page
  8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, and cancer of the bladder by 50%
  9. Most people don’t know this, but if your mouth is dry or you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated

COCA-COLA:

1. In many US states, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk for removing blood from the highway after a car accident
  2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
  3. To clean a toilet, pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let it sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china
  4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers, rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola
  5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals, pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals
  6. To loosen a rusted bolt, apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes
  7. To bake a moist ham, empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham
  8. is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy
  9. To remove grease from clothes, empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains
  10. Coca-Cola can also clean road haze from your windscreen

Interesting Facts.

I must admit I do not drink Coke, because I just do not like it. I prefer Water or Juice or Beer for that matter. But there is a funny story about Coke I wanted to share with you - a true story;

Right after the WW2, my Grandmother and her 3 Sons (one of them is my Dad) received packages from USArmy, in which you had like, coffee, sugar, milk, flour and ofcourse a chocolate bar and you guess it - a can of Coke! So my Dad knew what Coca-Cola is, but my Grandmother did not. She thought it was some kind of cleaning fluid - so she took that can and cleaned the toiled with it, just like it says in the Point #3 on the list, and it cleaned perfectly! So my Dad then arrived home, knowing there was a can of Coke waiting for him, but there wasn't anymore! He asked his Mother where is it, who drank it; and she answered: "I cleaned the Toilet with it!". And my Dad was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Are you NUTZ?!?

True Story too.

Anyway, will you think twice about drinking Coca-Cola?

There are some more interesting facts listed on the link too.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sorry but if youve ever watched "mythbusters" and saw the cola episode will you know that...

A steak will not dissolve in cola even over a week

You can not clean a toilet with cola

You can not clean corrsion from a battery with cola

....and you can not losen a bolt with cola

The rest...well i dunno just thought id say that most of those "facts" are wrong

[edit on 24-9-2006 by Faint]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faint
Sorry but if youve ever watched "mythbusters" and saw the cola episode will you know that...

A steak will not dissolve in cola even over a week

You can not clean a toilet with cola

You can not clean corrsion from a battery with cola

....and you can not losen a bolt with cola

The rest...well i dunno just thought id say that most of those "facts" are wrong

Sorry I did not watch that show.

But we can go and ask my Dad, if it cleaned the toilet very well!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Sorry I did not watch that show.

But we can go and ask my Dad, if it cleaned the toilet very well!

Lol, well there was a few flaws with the toilet experiment i admit , it was car grease not normal toilet "dirt" if you know what i mean

But the rest iam 120% sure cola dose not work for them

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Still though, cleaner or not, Cola is bad for you, water isn't. Cola rots teeth, water doesn't, Cola tastes rubbish, water doesn't.

I could go on all day, but I'll spare you guys the torture.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
yeah coke is a great cleaner as long as you don't mind the sticky residue that would collect dirt that it leaves behind.
it is especialy bad for cleaning windows unless of course you like not being able to see out of them. i have tried the old put a tooth in coke and it will disapear, trick. guess what the tooth was just as it was several days later, no disolveing. so i guess we can chalk up most of that coke uses as disinformation.

now personaly i drink coke all the time between 3 and four liters a day. i have done this for over ten years with no adverse side effects because of it. heck i even drink it when i partialy wake up at night thirsty, and fall right back asleep. it dosn't even make you fat as some people would have you believe. i only gained weight after i was in an accident that left me in bed for prety much of a year and a half. even so i am not overweight. so as far as i can see coke is not bad for you. or at least it's no worse then everything else that is available to drink.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 24-9-2006 by drogo]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Still though, cleaner or not, Cola is bad for you, water isn't. Cola rots teeth, water doesn't, Cola tastes rubbish, water doesn't.

actualy water tastes like rubbish not coke. it dosn't rot teeth. sorry charly

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I personally do not want to drink something, that the Coca-Cola Company, has been using to clean their truck engines for 20 years;

The distributors of Coca-Cola have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.

I think that drinking 3 liters of Coke a Day is not very healthy - you should try drinking 3 liters of Water a day. Better for your body.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
the chlorine in water puts blisters on my hands, and well, read up on flouride, it might prevent caveties but it does alot of damage to the teeth and bones itself. and well...here's something for you to think about, the coke has the flouride and chlorine in it also, since, a major ingredient in it is......you guessed it....water!!! So, if I am drinking coke, stands to reason, I am also drinking water, aren't I? the coke just tastes and smells better, no fish pond smell...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
But remember, the difference between coke and water is the carbonation, the glucose, the citric acid.

And another interesting tid-bit to add to above...

If you drink a gallon of water in a day (one of those big jugs that you can buy at stores), it acts as a dietary supplment. So if you're interested in losing weight, drink a lot of water. It replaces the need for food, especially junk. It reduces hunger 10 fold. I personally drink somewhere near 5-6 bottles of a product called Vitamin water almost daily. It's flavored and contains vitamins to supplement your vitamin intake for the day.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo

Originally posted by Zanzibar

actually water tastes like rubbish not coke. it doesnt rot teeth. sorry charly

Coke does rot teeth, like anything high in sugar. That is not the worse part though, Coke rots teeth mostly because of the high carbonation in it.

Lets not be to mean to Coke, lets not forget Pepsi... and Faygo!.. and generic brand "soda pop."

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Once again Soluljah comes out with something he feels he can use to bash Americans then immediately starts spouting disinformation.

Coke Cola responding to an internet chain letter.

In response to this, and similar chain letters, The Coca-Cola Company recommends you use cleaning products to make your house shine and save the Coke for drinking.

"We are unaware of any state patrol officers using Coke for any purpose other than refreshment. Plain water would be as effective and less costly for cleaning pavement.

"The myths about disappearing teeth, nails, steaks and various other objects are just that--myths. These stories continue to spring up and get recycled because each new generation finds them hard to ignore, but they simply are not true.

Source

Moral of the story is do not use blogs as sources and always check out what they say

While you are at it make sure you check out mythbusters and snopes.com and last but not least a dictionary so you can spell Coke correct

[edit on 9/24/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
well i totally agree with you. i use to be so hooked on coke and pepsi. thats all i use to drink. however, now i drink only water and juice and feel much better.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Both
I drink both

3 or 4 Cokes a week.
3 or 4 waters a day.

Things go better with coke
like Dark rum, and Jack Daniels

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
now personaly i drink coke all the time between 3 and four liters a day. i have done this for over ten years with no adverse side effects because of it. heck i even drink it when i partialy wake up at night thirsty, and fall right back asleep. it dosn't even make you fat as some people would have you believe. i only gained weight after i was in an accident that left me in bed for prety much of a year and a half. even so i am not overweight. so as far as i can see coke is not bad for you. or at least it's no worse then everything else that is available to drink.

I would disagree on the weight gains. It may just be that your metabolism is different than other people, which is not uncommon. Some people can eat like a horse and not gain weight, where other people cannot.

As a personal story, when I was in the military weight was one of the primary factors they measured as routine for the fitness program. If you were overweight for your height, then extra physical training would be implemented to get your weight down. As I did not want to spend extra time working out, as we already did PT every day, I made it a point to watch my weight. I added up the calories in a can of Coke (~250), and multiplied that by the fact that I drank 8 of them a day. That is 2000 calories from sugar. Your body has to burn that or it will store it as fat. From that day forward until now, I switched to Diet Coke which took some getting used to but has zero calories. My weight after a month or so dropped 15 pounds after I quit drinking the stuff, so yes anything that has calories in it can potentially make you gain weight if your metabolism cannot keep up with your dietary intake.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
well i totally agree with you. i use to be so hooked on coke and pepsi. thats all i use to drink. however, now i drink only water and juice and feel much better.

Yeah man, I know how you feel. It's addictive, because of the caffeine. I had gotten into a really bad accident over the summer where I, my person, t-boned a moving car. After that I had realized for some reason that soda and fast food were bad and gave both up cold-turkey. I rarely have soda anymore, if at most once or twice a month.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think many people drink Coke just for the caffiene, I know I sure did, then I found Bawls, sweet, sweet Bawls.

But as everyone here seems to think- down with Cola!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I gave up soft drinks including coca cola after I developed kidney stones during my pregnacy with my first child.

When I moved to the US after getting married from my Island of PR, I could not stand the water taste in the state I was living at, NC, the water was so nasty that I only drank sodas or milk.

After the painful experience with the kidney stone I blame it on soda and gave it up.

Perhaps it was or it wasn't but my daughter is 22 years old now and I have been find since then.

I will have a soda perhaps once in a while meaning about 1 a month when is very hot outside in the summer but thats it.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Once again Soluljah comes out with something he feels he can use to bash Americans then immediately starts spouting disinformation.

Shots, i think you're being a little harsh on souljah. After all, what is so un-american about the subject of Coca-Cola? Did Rush Limbaugh go into a Coke disertation at one point?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join