It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think Iran will do once they have the bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Will they act "responsibly" or will they give it to terrorists?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I personally don't think they want the bomb. Or even if they get it, it'll just be because they want to play with the big boys, you know to get taken seriously.

If they wanted the bomb that badly then I'm sure they could have purchased one from the North Koreans. They've got the money and NK need the money. I'm surprised it hasn't happened. It's this info that has led me to believe that Iran haven't got any bomb ambitions...

...or maybe they do and they have secretly already purchased Nuclear weapons of NK and are just waitnig for the American's to make a mistake and then KABLAMMO!!!!!

But in my opinion, I don't think they want or have a Atomiculer bomb.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I immagine they'll bide their time and when the world is looking away they'll sell it to a rogue terrorist group that they have no "official" affiliation with. Any else would be utter suicide unless they had major back-up.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i think they will do exactly as everyone else who has it does. that is "if you launch against us we'll launch against you". as i see it in todays time nukes are just one more tool in negotiations and self protection.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
I immagine they'll bide their time and when the world is looking away they'll sell it to a rogue terrorist group that they have no "official" affiliation with. Any else would be utter suicide unless they had major back-up.

Why does you see Iran as pure evil? I know that they don't get on with the west but it's as much our doing. I think that if we just sat down for a nice cup a tea then we'd be able to sort it all out. From what I've heard Mr Ahmadinejad thinks likewise. Remember it's the US that won't do talks.

He's been vilified by the media me thinks.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I tend to believe that Iran would act responsibly were she to develop nuclear weapons technology. I am certain that Iran's leaders, who ever they may be and of whatever political persuation they my espouse, realize that to do else-wise would be to invite total devastation.

Even as a nuclear power, Iran would still be "out-gunned" and out numbered.

I forsee little threat of Iran passing its hard-won nuclear secrets to any "terrorist" organization: the fruits of such a transfer would be quickly and easily traced back to Iran, and the result would again be...the end of Iran's existence. Do not doubt for a moment that Iran is not fully cognizent of this fact.

Self preservation informs circumspection in matters great and small.

The above said, the geo-political balance of the region would nevertheless be dramatically altered by a nuclear Iran. With Israel's purported nuclear "ace-in-the-hole" effectively countered, the region would begin to shake off the yoke of US influenced policies. Many Arab leaders, with regimes seen as fovoring the US over the will of their subjects, might well be toppled; inspired by Iran's percieved overthrow of the region's "Hidden-Hand", the US and its lackey, Israel.

They will be "interesting" times indeed! But I do not believe that history will need to resort to "Glowing" terms to describe them.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
i think they will do exactly as everyone else who has it does. that is "if you launch against us we'll launch against you". as i see it in todays time nukes are just one more tool in negotiations and self protection.

I agree. It's like someone trying to buy themselves onto the board with with big wigs, who are not happy with someone coming in on their action. A country having a nuke buys them that seat but the big boys aren't going to be happy about it.

Although, it kind of reminds me of that conversation in Blackadder goes Forth:

Captain Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superblocs developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way there could never be a war.
Private Baldrick: But, this is a sort of a war, isn't it, sir?
Captain Blackadder: Yes, that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.
Private Baldrick: What was that, sir?
Captain Blackadder: It was bollocks.

Let's hope the nuclear deterrent doesn't pan out the same way.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
Why does you see Iran as pure evil? I know that they don't get on with the west but it's as much our doing. I think that if we just sat down for a nice cup a tea then we'd be able to sort it all out. From what I've heard Mr Ahmadinejad thinks likewise. Remember it's the US that won't do talks.

He's been vilified by the media me thinks.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

You know I'm really not sure. The talk of wiping Isreal off the map, denying the holocaust, and passing out money and arms to terrorist organizations could not have anything to do with it. Now they want the bomb? Doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Once more Ahmadan's (my affectionate name for the son of a bitch) suddeny turn around blabbing on and on about compassion, reason, and peace seems highly suspect considering what he was ranting about not more than a month ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There's a number of different stances they could take.

-They could keep it in there aresenal and demand to be taken into the nuclear ring..
-They could demand something that is outragoues, and threaten to use the bomb and bring about a major regional conflict if they dont have there demands met.
-They could give it to a terrorist group and advise them to detonate in israel.
-They could do nothing.... and wait for someone to try and take them on, using it as a surprise attack

I believe you dont go to so much trouble, if all you want is nuclear fuel.
If you want a nuclear bomb.. you try to stall and give the UN and other countries a distraction, or a red herring.
If you want to demand something, like the removal of israel.. and are prepared to go to war for it... then.. you spout out rhetoric, you distract the UN, stall for time and continue on your way..

I believe if they get the bomb, they will demand israel to pack up and head to europe. Obviously they wont do this, so iran will start a regional conflict.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier

You know I'm really not sure. The talk of wiping Isreal off the map, denying the holocaust, and passing out money and arms to terrorist organizations could not have anything to do with it. Now they want the bomb? Doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Once more Ahmadan's (my affectionate name for the son of a bitch) suddeny turn around blabbing on and on about compassion, reason, and peace seems highly suspect considering what he was ranting about not more than a month ago.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. I think he's been quoted out of context a bit and people aren't entirely sure just what he said.

In regards to wiping Israel off the map all he is suggesting is that the Israeli state, which was set up with some controversy, be given back to the paletinians who has their country taken away from them. This is a little unreasonable to suggest but is in no means evil.
It is true that Iran are supplying weaopns to "Terrorists" but I think you should be careful not to confuse "Terrorists" with "Freedom Fighters". I assume your talking about Hizbollah here. Me, personally, I would take a little from both terms. I'd call them "Freedom Terrorists".

And as for the Holcaust Denial thing, I think that it's some information that my buddy Mahmoud has found out about and would like to believe.
en.wikipedia.org...
I get the feeling that Mahmoud is a bit paranoid when it comes to trusting the west. But I think that the west have got a bit of a problem with trusting Iran.

In my opinion, a cup o tea would solve alot. But who cares what I think eh?

top topics

join