It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 10 muslims would 'hide' a terrorist!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
islam is not violent. i lived in Jordan, i'm a christian however, nevertheles, muslims are not violent, and islam is not violent. and it is a religion. the only thing that makes it sound violent are those ayatollahs and religious leaders who use islam as a tool for them to gain power and money.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I specificaly said contributions in the last 1000 yrs.
I am still waiting...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by srt10
I specificaly said contributions in the last 1000 yrs.
I am still waiting...

I specifically said to stay on topic.

Please check your U2Us.

[edit on 24/9/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It doesn't matter where you go, it's not just a religion thing, people will not own up to bad stuff happening because that involves taking responsibility. We live in an age of 'pass the buck' and especially in the UK a nanny state where we all assume that the government will deal with the problem and not the general people, i.e. not many people will bother to look out for their own neighbours and such. Its a sad case...

As for the tribal thing, we haven't moved on at all, its just changed form. Look at sport, football hooliganism, that is no different. Things just change, they don't die.

It really is a poor state of affairs we live in.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It doesn't matter where you go, it's not just a religion thing, people will not own up to bad stuff happening because that involves taking responsibility. We live in an age of 'pass the buck' and especially in the UK a nanny state where we all assume that the government will deal with the problem and not the general people, i.e. not many people will bother to look out for their own neighbours and such. Its a sad case...

Agrees with most of that quote, look the media once again are making a big thing out of this, (I am not surprised). How Many Muslims live in the UK?

2 Million? And only what 509 were polled big diference from saying 1 in 10.

The media makes a big thing out of it and as per usual alot of us fall for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto

Saying that, if I knew of a Catholic on his way to blow up a known terrorist mosque, I'd say nothing too!

Thats only if there are no pre-school's and day care centres on the way to that Mosque cause the chances are Catholic preist mite get a little sidetracked.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
you did read the headline of this thread, right ?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The number of muslims polled is irrelevent; it's statistical. If you're going question the poll because it only talked to 502 muslims out of some ... two million you said? Then why not question EVERY poll ever made? If this poll is invalid then I can safely say the one mentioned earlier about close to 50% of Iraqi's supporting attacks on U.S. troops to also be total bunk.

10% is a disturbing number. I'd love to see someone conduct a similar poll in the US but no one in the media would have the balls. Oh well, it's the UK's problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
tagged with: racism

100% spot on

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev
Second, in the Koran it calls for the murder of jews so how is that peaceful?

Show us where it says this. Give us the translated author's name, Surah name, and Surah number.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

[I]Originally posted by syrinx high priest[/I]
Imagine hussein has a world class military and we don't

Imagine 250,000 Iraqi soldiers in washington DC, and george bush on trial

Imagine you hear reports of american women being raped by Iraqi's, innocent civilians being killed

Imgine they install a puppet dictatorship to rule, and the UN supports it

Imagine you have no military left to fight off the invaders

Imagine the only way you can strike back is to strap bombs to your chest and blow something up

You are not as different from them as you would like to think my friend

Its all circumstance and perspective

only difference being

this article speaks about British muslims.

As far as I agree that Iraqis have a right to consider "terrorists" (but than again the term still remains vague) in their country as freedom fighters; don't forget that they are mainly killing each other (sunni vs. shia) , it's a civil war , some might argue that it has been "artificially" sparked but that is another story.

When it comes to muslims living in the western world , I don't really see which occupation army they would have to fight , in countries where human rights and rights in general ar far better than in their home countries .
Very slippery slope we are on when talking about this matter , and I must bite my tongue when seeing what happens in a neighbouring country like France where , in some areas, the only supermarkets are halal , no alcohol is sold and being westerner is an exception and it is made very clear to you .

About Northern Ireland , I will not get into details about the history of Ireland, you can look it up easily.
No similarities whatsoever again , we are talking about an invasion/rule (not so much British in the 17th century) of another country , Ireland.
Many factions were involved , but roughly it was catholics vs. protestants (some of the same house, the house of orange, e.g. our royals are of the catholic branch of the house of orange, Orange-Nassau)

Anyway no comparison possible

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Hvitserk]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006
islam is not violent. i lived in Jordan, i'm a christian however, nevertheles, muslims are not violent, and islam is not violent. and it is a religion. the only thing that makes it sound violent are those ayatollahs and religious leaders who use islam as a tool for them to gain power and money.

I've had it wrong all this time. I always thought that beheading and blowing up people was violent. But now I realise it just sounds violent when it really isn't.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hermann, I want you to go ahead and count the amount of times Muslims beheaded and burned someone. Then factor out the repeat offenders, then devide that number by the number of Muslims in the world, then multiply that number by 100, and you have a percentage. What is the percentage?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The percentage is irrelevant and I don't know where you are going with this one. I was merely replying to the post stating that Islam only sounds violent but really isn't.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
tagged with: racism

100% spot on

Originally posted by Hermann
I've had it wrong all this time. I always thought that beheading and blowing up people was violent. But now I realise it just sounds violent when it really isn't.

If you demonize the many because of the actions of a few, then you are a racist. If you consider all muslims "violent" because of what muslim extremists do then you are a racist.

Think of people like David Koresh, Jim Jones and Timothy McVeigh. Do you consider all Christians to be violent because of their actions? Do you consider yourself to be violent because of these Christians violent actions? If you do not, then you can add bigotry to your racist traits.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Percentage is absolutely relevant. If I were to say that .0005% of people are mentally insane, would that mean that Humanity is insane? You don't seem to understand that what you see on TV isn't the be all end all.

Islam isn't violent, but some people are.

Saying percentage is irrelavant is rediculous. It's like saying all humans, by default, have blond hair because a minority has blond hair.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you read my original post then you will see that I didn't even mention Islam, you did!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Mcphisto, what do you mean Muslims living here for free? and I find the low figure of 1 in 10 quite encouraging because it means the majority would not support or protect Muslim terrorists. Im sure there must be people out there who protect or support murderer's, rapist's and paedophile's etc. there nothing special or new in people supporting law breakers.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006

You didn't mention Islam by name, but in reply to another person mentioning Islam. Bad attempt at diverting the conversation.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If you read my original post then you will see that I didn't even mention Islam, you did!!!

Your comments are not happening in a vaccuum. This thread is regarding muslims and their supposed support for terrorists.

Please enlighten us to what "it" is in your original post. Also if the converse of "it" not being violent was your original view as outlined in your sarcastic post, then why are you backing away from such a generalisation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join