It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not really sure that increasing mental ability is counted as health, but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Is there anything that I can do to make myself smarter, (Don't tell me to read, that never worked with me)? Say for instance, how quickly you can remember things, how much you can remember, how long something stays in your head, and all around mental sharpness. Something like Ginkgo biloba, but that doesn't work on me.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Two well known substances that increase mental alertness and that are readily available are caffeine and nicotine. There are many others available by searching the web. The problem is that drugs specifically manufactured are not necessarily tested and do not pass requirments for sale eg. in the USA. I understand that restrictions are less in Europe in this realm of products.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Doesn't caffine and nicotine only boost your brainower for like five minutes. I need something that is noticeably more powerful. Something that could, for instance, could increase the rate at which you do math problems.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Only in time... I to want to find mental enhancers... Its not that i am not smert (lol) i just really want something to help get through those tough problems of life and school work.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't say taht I am dumb. I just want to be smarter. Whatever I do, It isn't good enough. I don't need help though. I just need catalyst. Ginkgo Biloba makes my blood pressure shoot up. It doesn't do anythig more than that to me. I need something that does what said suppliment is suppose to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkham Say for instance, how quickly you can remember things, how much you can remember, how long something stays in your head, and all around mental sharpness.

practice forming/making mental lists and notes in your head of the things you're required and or want to remember. like if somebody's explaining some important instructions to you or somethin like that, instead of overwhelming yourself by tryin to remember everything, just make a mental note of the key points while they're explaining it. then afterwards, mentally list those points in the order you remembered em but don't force it. if you start doin this overtime you'll be able to remember a lot more more quicker. hope that helped.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well I had a problem with mental alertness and always used to have trouble remembering things, I refuse to take perscription drugs for things like that and I weant on a mission to figure out what would help, I came across a health food store, after awhile of asking someone pointed me the int direction of omega-3 pills, you no that fish oil stuff, and it honestly worked for me, might not for you but for some odd reason it did for me.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Don't use/rely on any drugs to make you "smarter"...all you have to do is use your brain to critically think about things, learn things, etc. Read a good interesting book. Go outside and engage in physical activity. Listen to music like classical or jazz and/or play music if you can. Take a couple classes in science or english. Always come up with ideas, questions, and have an active mind while you are doing things. These will help you.

Don't drink alcohol or use other drugs...if you want caffeine just drink some tea. Ginkgo biloba is a crock, along with most other "mental enhancers". There have been studies showing it does nothing, and most of the supplements that have it only contain a tiny amount, probably from a questionable source. Forget the herbs/drugs and concentrate on learning and engaging...

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Shoktek]

new topics

top topics

join