It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Thailand Declares State Of Emergency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm just glad that John Mark Karr escaped in time.
edited for additional comment
Because, if he hadn't he would be stuck there with all of the other people who visited that country to exploit children. After the tsunami hit, there were children being abducted for such purposes and taken farther inland. While some people were donating clothes, food, and money, not long after someone was having sex with a child-victim. Perhaps if a new government would bring about beneficial change and stop pimping its children out to wealthy foriegners the world should throw its full weight behind the military coup.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 9/19/2006 by hogtie]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Doesn't it make you wonder......

Military coup - bloodless
Installing Democracy - many casualties

only joking...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
CNN just said Marshall Law is in effect. Military revokes Thai Constitution After staging Coup.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thailand has gone black all news stations have been taken off including cnn and bbc and two other stations they had there. This is pretty bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Does it say who is doing this and how they got tanks? Wow, that takes a lot of gutts to overthrow a government. I'm surprised nobody's tried that here in the US! Sigh....so much violence in the world these days.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Does it say who is doing this and how they got tanks? Wow, that takes a lot of gutts to overthrow a government. I'm surprised nobody's tried that here in the US! Sigh....so much violence in the world these days.

Err it's the Thai army and they're Thai army tanks. Like most armies the Thai Army has tanks, guns, uniforms etc etc. How hard is this to understand?

This is a reaction to the flawed (corrupt?) election in April and the ex-PM's long history of corruption - Coups are part of the process in Thailand and this latest one is no different.

[edit on 19/9/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Looks like Thialand just changed hands...

The Thai military launched a coup against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday night, circling his offices with tanks, seizing control of TV stations and declaring a provisional authority pledging loyalty to the king.

An announcement on Thai television declared that a "Council of Administrative Reform" with King Bhumibol Adulyadej as head of state had seized power in Bangkok and nearby provinces without any resistance.

At least 14 tanks surrounded Government House, Mr. Thaksin's office. Mr. Thaksin was in New York at the UN General Assembly and declared a state of emergency via a government-owned TV station.

Associated Press reported that the military had revoked the Thai constitution.

Looks like Democracy has failed for Thialand. Their constitution has been yanked and they're setting up to become a Monarcy.

I found this to be particularly interesting:

Mr. Thaksin's critics want to jettison his policies promoting privatization, free trade agreements and CEO-style administration.

Seems the people are against the NWO and are doing something about it.

Source

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Does anyone have an idea how charities, schools and such would be affected? Is this purely an oust of this Prime Minister or are we expecting an isolationist dictator trying things his way? I'm sponsoring a little girl over there through www.compassion.com... and hope that remains uneffected.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Looks like Thailand just changed hands...

The Thai military launched a coup against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday night, circling his offices with tanks, seizing control of TV stations and declaring a provisional authority pledging loyalty to the king.

An announcement on Thai television declared that a "Council of Administrative Reform" with King Bhumibol Adulyadej as head of state had seized power in Bangkok and nearby provinces without any resistance.

At least 14 tanks surrounded Government House, Mr. Thaksin's office. Mr. Thaksin was in New York at the UN General Assembly and declared a state of emergency via a government-owned TV station.

Associated Press reported that the military had revoked the Thai constitution.

Looks like Democracy has failed for Thailand. Their constitution has been yanked and they're setting up to become a Monarchy.

I found this to be particularly interesting:

Mr. Thaksin's critics want to jettison his policies promoting privatization, free trade agreements and CEO-style administration.

Seems the people are against the NWO and are doing something about it.

Source

I was thinking the same thing this is bad and I hope no one gets hurt. This fight is for there country and I can't blame them but try to not hurt the citizens!

[edit on 19-9-2006 by El Che]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mr. Thaksin had better stay put and lets dress John Carr up like him send him back over there with a plastic gun superglued to his hand.
And I agree I hope the new gov. can find it in their hearts to to write law for abused children maybe thats why they have coupes all the time the children that are adults today was abused in the past.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Latest I Hear is that there has been little or no viloence so far during this Coup!

which is really good news, from the pictures from there that ive seen there are tanks and armoured cars in the street but they are just sitting there they arnt moving and the army are waving trafic through.

The BBC say in the latest version of their page of this story that

"The head of the army, Gen Sonthi Boonyaratglin, will act as acting prime minister, an army spokesman said."

you can read the report here and also veiw video and photos from Thiland.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow that good to here but why disconnect all the televisions stations???

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Somone pointed out that the military person who has taken command is a Muslim and thailand is a buddhist majority state(90%+).
I doubt it makes much of a difference but just thought I'd throw this up for speculation..

EDIT:

I like your Jaguar-Jaguar avaatar!

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Interesting to see the outside views here. I'm currently residing in Bangkok, have been for a few years, so I can give some low-down on things that you wont get from cnn or bbc.

Basically Thaksin has slowly wriggled his way into every aspect of the democratic process here, and has gotten a good hold on all the courts and commissions that hold all the checks and balances that a good democracy desparately needs. Not to mention slowly buying up all media outlets, and lambasting every negative comment from some of the independent outlets. The last bastion he needed was the armed forces, with which he did manage to get a good stronghold on some factions of the army.

He is a smart man, with a large ego and a larger thirst for power. When a man is the owner of the largest telecommunications company here, he is use to getting his own way. However normally in a democracy there are always words of dissent and disatisfaction, which he found difficult to tolerate. He basically was working his way to a dictatorship in every way, whilst keeping the illusion of a democracy.

I think his downfall came about from more of his meddling into the monarchy than the sale of his company which went through tax-free. You just don't mess with the king here. He is (and in my opinion too) greatly respected and does step in to stabilise things in the country at the right times when the stuff starts to hit the fan.

Basically, I doubt very much that things will turn into a military rule or monarchy rule here. The army, navy, airforce and police are stating that things will move along quickly to a interim government before a new election.

At the end of the day, people are going on to their daily business, and in bangkok at least, quite happy Thaksin is out.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What did he do to mess with the King?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by hogtie
Just so long as its over soon. All that unrest is going to make it dang hard for tourists to have sex with minors.

They age of minority is different there, than here. Culturally speaking, it's their people, their right. I doubt that is the major concern at this point though, don't you?

That's right it has nothing to do with the thread. Start a new one on the subject, if you can keep bigotry out off it I shall be happy to contribute.

Originally posted by hogtieI'm just glad that John Mark Karr escaped in time.

Someone to do with the coup??

Because, if he hadn't he would be stuck there with all of the other people who visited that country to exploit children. [...] Perhaps if a new government would bring about beneficial change and stop pimping its children out to wealthy foriegners the world should throw its full weight behind the military coup.

You really think so? All the laws their trade partners want them to implement they've already written. But to to enforce them is quite another thing. They'll do anything for money. No law can prevent that.

Originally posted by Shar Thailand has gone black all news stations have been taken off including cnn and bbc and two other stations they had there. This is pretty bad.

They might have had temporary. Coup happened 8 p.m. local time, I was up at 2 a.m. and footage on the king was aired. Didn't know before 6 a.m. and all the 30+ foreign channels available here was on then.

Originally posted by saint4God Does anyone have an idea how charities, schools and such would be affected? Is this purely an oust of this Prime Minister or are we expecting an isolationist dictator trying things his way? I'm sponsoring a little girl over there

No, dont worry. The biggest privat aid given on this earth is that given by middleaged western "sexturists". If not for that, this country would have been down the drain years ago. Same time it is a country so incredible vertile and rich in commodities, that it's disgusting to witness how the wealthy few acts. They don't need aid, they need to learn how to distribute their natural wealth.

Originally posted by Hunter1967And I agree I hope the new gov. can find it in their hearts to to write law for abused children maybe thats why they have coupes all the time the children that are adults today was abused in the past.

They'll write any law they're asked, but the only one so far fully observed is left-side-driving - for reasons practical and out of personal safety.

Originally posted by El CheWow that good to here but why disconnect all the televisions stations???

Because the military owns the national networks.

Originally posted by Daedalus3 Somone pointed out that the military person who has taken command is a Muslim and thailand is a buddhist majority state(90%+).
I doubt it makes much of a difference but just thought I'd throw this up for speculation..

No CT here. Thailand has long been a multicultural society with full tolerance towards any faith. It's not what you believe, that defines you. It is who you're aquintences are and thus how much money you make.

Originally posted by a simple guyInteresting to see the outside views here. [...] At the end of the day, people are going on to their daily business, and in bangkok at least, quite happy Thaksin is out.

Finally one who knows.

Originally posted by Daedalus3 What did he do to mess with the King?

He said that "a extraconstitutional person prevented him from doing his work" and refused to name that person.

Want serious information, go to the official ATSNN story.

[edit on 20/9/06 by khunmoon]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Prime Minister Thaksin was a corrupt businessman, didn't have the support of the people, military or the King.

The King is god-like there, wildly popular with the people. The King supports the military and vice versa.

Thus, Thaksin is out.

My buddy living there, says it wasn't that bad, he still drank his beer, then went home as usual.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just been out shopping. saw a couple of armoured vehicles. Things pretty normal, apart from the public holiday declared here by the new military government (and no traffic jam!)

Should be no issue of security.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Originally posted by saint4God Does anyone have an idea how charities, schools and such would be affected? Is this purely an oust of this Prime Minister or are we expecting an isolationist dictator trying things his way? I'm sponsoring a little girl over there

No, dont worry.

Good news. I write to her but it takes months for letters to travel. She sends drawings, talks about her family and school with happiness and hope. I'd not want to see this taken away from her or any other children. I realize there's a lot going on with Zaire and more troubled spots, but sponsors are not able to set up operations there due to violence and government cooperation.

The biggest privat aid given on this earth is that given by middleaged western "sexturists". If not for that, this country would have been down the drain years ago.

And economizing via prostitution is not sending a country down the drain? I'm unclear what you're advocating here.

Same time it is a country so incredible vertile and rich in commodities, that it's disgusting to witness how the wealthy few acts. They don't need aid, they need to learn how to distribute their natural wealth.

Strange, Tang-mo's family said they appreciated the gift and were able to buy new towels that they really needed. They also use donations for livestock, food, and other things we typically take for granted on a daily basis. Fortunately she's attending school to help her and her family situation. I'm sorry, I'd have a hard time in the middle of even a U.S. city walking up to a homeless person while wagging my finger and 'educating' them "You need to learn how to distribute your natural wealth". That's bogus

[edit on 20-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How is Bush involved in this? He's got to be....Does anyone think he needs a little place to retire to?

Or maybe this is the site of the NWO takeover of the world???

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join