It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims are funny people...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The muslims world will start rioting as soon as someone says the littlest thing about their "religion", if it is that, without hearing the whole story. Where were the muslims when they crashed planes into buildings or murder their brothers and sisters in Iraq. I'm getting tired of muslims...... They need to start acting in a civilized matter.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by tommy1979]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't know where you live but I'd consider moving. I live amongst a large community of Muslims and I have NEVER EVER seen any acts of violence that was any different from any other racial group. This part of Brooklyn has Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrians,Jordanians,Saudi's,Yemenese, Sudanese, Algerians, Morrocans, as well as European Muslims from Albania, and Montenegro.

I really feel bad for ya man. Have you considered hiring bodyguards or something?

BTW what does this have to do with Website Related stuff???

[edit on 17-9-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I just despise the human population in general.

Love;
Lyssie the Equal Opportunity Hater (EOH)

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Islam is a religion of oppression and submission. Why would anyone want to follow such a n awful religion?

[edit on 9/17/06 by pugachev]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I see muslims come into where I work all the time, and they're usually very nice, polite, funny, and respectful people. Reguardless of what side of Islam, Sunni or #te they believe in. Their children tend to be just like everyone else's. I'm sorry, people treat you guys like that because of a few people.
:shk:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The sure sign of a bad religion is when you follow a prophet who was a child molestor. Not mentioning any religion in particular, just throwing that out there.

Do your own research!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Doesn't the Muslim,Christians, and Jewish religion come from the same book!!!!
we all must be funny!!! unless your buddist or atheist..
Peady-

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am really confused in this matter. I understand the part about how the people that are rioting and being violent over being called violent rioters is ironic and all, but what exactly are they 'misunderstanding'? I mean, the pope basically said 'islam is a violent religion'. The muslims are being ironic, sure, but they're not being obtuse.

rrconservative
The sure sign of a bad religion is when you follow a prophet who was a child molestor.

You do understand that the ancient jews, being a semitic people that were basically the same as the arabs in mohammads time, were also marrying off pre-teens, right?

Also, its probably not a good idea to talk about the religion of priests and child-molestation at the same time (again, that darned bastard irony works his way in).

pugachev
Islam is a religion of oppression and submission. Why would anyone want to follow such a n awful religion?

Islam, as a religion, is less violent than christianity. More people have been killed by christians, carrying out a christian evangelizing mission, than by islam. And within Christendom, all native religions have been essentially annhilated, even to the point that the christians, not content with merely killing or forcibly converting the non-beleivers, destroyed their books, even the ones that had nothing to do with religion, and threw themselves into a millenium long dark age. Meanwhile, within the Islamic world, yes, there was also forced conversions, but they didn't annhilate the other religions, the middle east is the most religiously, and probably ethnically, diverse region in the whole damned planet. And rather than grunting a classical philosophy as 'evil non-jesus scribblings', they learned from it and managed to add to it, and darned good thing they did too, or else the west'd probably still be in a dark age (again, that sumbich, irony).

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
people are people

masses are stupid

individuals can be unique and intelligent. but mob mentallity just sucks.

love,
the eoh

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I watched the Party Conference - Liberal Democrats on UK BBC2 and they had a special guest on representing the UKs Council of Muslims.

When the presenter asked, 'Why are there no Muslims rioting and protesting in the streets around the world about Darfur?', this guy was so damned arrogant and kept saying this was a seperate issue.

What is it with these guys? Don't they care about what happens to other Muslims or are they just worried about when their next beheading will take place or who will plant the next bomb?

the lot of 'em!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm with Lysergic on this one, its not just about religion or social class, its mob mentality and pressures from within different mobs. But I do think that the world would be a better place without any religion.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev

Isn't that the common factor in all religions? The 'us against them' mentality where if you want to be part of the club then you must conform your beliefs to the group values? Nothing personal, just an observation.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by pugachev

Isn't that the common factor in all religions? The 'us against them' mentality where if you want to be part of the club then you must conform your beliefs to the group values? Nothing personal, just an observation.

You're absolutely right. That's why I'm an atheist. I just single out Islam because its by far the worst of the bunch.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
different religions? different cultures? and we haven't even met other non-planet-Earth alien races yet, "God save the humans" if these aliens ever have their own religions or cultures.... better make that "God save the aliens"..... whahahaaa

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I dont hate the muslims. I dont hate the christians, I dont hate anyone who is religious... I hate religion itself.

All religion serves to do is to brainwash people into believing they have to obey the church. ALL religions are opressive.

It wasnt long ago that thanks to religion, christian women were'nt treated very well either. They were property, not people.
We still see oppression in religion. In instances such as the gays.

Religion also causes people to go to war... if not used as a justification.

Religion teaches you that you are right, because you're a part of that certain religion, and everyone else is going to hell.

It contradicts itself around every turn. "thou shalt not kill" is a part of all religions... and yet all religions still go to war, with "god on their side".

If you ask me, all you religious zealots are going to hell. If there is a god. He sure wouldnt give you access to a heaven... you'd turn it into a killing field.

Religion needs to be dissolved, and banned. Plain and simple.

Let the people believe in whatever they want... but ban the churches, and the organization of religion.

Better yet. Ban the use of the word god, or any other religious phrases from every level of government.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well in modern times...I'm less concerned about bible thumpers than I am about jihadists who wish death upon all infidels. Christianity has matured a lot over the last few centuries. They are...dare I say....'evolving'

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I agree Mohammod was probably a bad guy in general. He should've never done those things to those children back then and no one should idolize him for what he did, even if he was God's prophet. People shouldn't use that as an excuse to do bad deeds like that or hold their beliefs against them to threaten and hurt them in many or any ways. It was just wrong, just wrong. Muslims follow him, because he got pagans out of those lands as well as a bad caste system in that society that was hurting the normal family back then, his philosphies aren't all bad. But some are just wrong. Period. Really, should never be done by anyone, especially against their will.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have no problem with muslims or Islam as a faith. By beef lies with more cultural issues. I live in the UK and there is a strong stereotype of muslims that dont like to work, falsley claim from social services some will do this whilst working off the books as e.g. taxi driver. from what I can see they dont encourage their children to study hard and work hard unlike other british asian communities. This then leads to the young males to become delinquents and smole/deal drugs srive around in stolen cars without licences or insurance, use stolen credit cards and various other schemes designed to make quick cash illegally. I feel all this contributes to the difficulties people have integrating with the british muslim community. another thing which contributes to this is that a lot of the young women are forced to marry someone from pakistan, this person may not be educated to a decent standard and prbably cant speak english thus pulling the whole community back and hindering their prosperity as no english = no decent job

I realise this might offend a lot of muslims but I have many muslim friends who do not fall into this category I am just illustrating what I think is wrong, and that is not the religion but the culture

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I try not to look at people as a whole group or culture, but on an individual basis...to me that is only fair. If not then you stereotype before you even get to know someone. I could care less what religion you are, if your cool your cool, if your not then your not. The thing that irks me is the tolerance issue. I personally feel that muslims want the world to tolerate their beliefs and traditions and customs, yet they do not want to tolerate anyone elses beliefs, customs or traditions. My example is the danish muhommad cartoons...from the muslims viewpoint, this is horrible and violates their "islamic law" so they riot, burn things and act uncivilized. What they fail to tolerate is that in other (non-muslim) countries, where free press is allowed, cartoons of muhommad, which may be offensive to muslims, is NOT ILLEGAL by the law of the land. The muslims are having a hard time integrating into other societies because they are not willing to tolerate the laws of the land, they want to live under their "islamic laws", which is all fine and dandy by me if you want to practice islamic law in your own home, but when you hit the streets, you have to follow the laws of that country. Surely if they cannot tolerate freedoms they may not have in their islamic law, then maybe they should go back to some country that supports the laws and lifestyle they can tolerate

top topics

join