It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Posts on ATS "lack substance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have been told this many times on ATS, PTS, and BTS. Does anybody know of a brain surgeon that can give me a brain transplant???

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
GT, I will be the first to say confrontation is probably a bad idea.

I will openly admit that I have thought some of your posts could use alittle more backing. To simply post your love for god may not be enough, some understanding maybe required.

Then at the same time I come across some of your other posts that I have personally applauded you on, and for those I respect what it is your trying to say.

If you view me as a critic or a fan, I just want to express my thanks for some of your threads.

I may come across two threads that I think, I wish I understood alittle more rather than just knowing your love for god. Than I find another that I see your primary goal is to help those in need, which causes me to re-think everything I may of assumed in the past.

In the end of it all, my understanding of you as a member is one that is out to help those in search of a greater good. You wish to help those in need, which is where we find a common goal.

We conflict on some religious aspects, but I respect what you have to say and where you come from.

So I finish by apoligizing if I have offended you in the past, because I do respect what you are attempting to accomplish.

I can admit when I am wrong, and I have been wrong about you in the past.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Umm sorry don't know any brain surgeons, I'm a realital physicist though..

I think perhaps if you did'nty say infinately great [insert word here],
you may get more accomplished.

I think what it is is that people get annoyed and bored reading it over
and over and over.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
chissler, no need to apologize. I thank you for your comments. I do my very best on ATS, PTS, and BTS to enlighten people about God. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail.

Continue your great work in donations.

God Bless You!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Try pretending your posts are an english class assignment. First sentence is a "main idea" kind of thing. Then give 2 or three details or back up points about that main idea.

Or go at it like an outline. Anything you want to do to give more than an oppinion.

Example:

Here's my point - sentence number one. (or question)

And now, in at least one complete sentence, or several fragmented ones placed "just so"... tell my why you feel the way you do about your 'point'. Or tell me more about what kind of answers your looking for to answer your question.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
AngelaLadyS, thank you for your advice. But remember you are speaking to one who in school got B's in English and A's in math.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Then pretend that not only do you have to show the solution, but also all the working out.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Those grades don't worry me in the least.

Why don't we do this 'hands on'.

You tell me a topic your interested in or have a question about. (or even better yet, copy/paist one of your old posts here for me).

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I have been told this many times on ATS, PTS, and BTS. Does anybody know of a brain surgeon that can give me a brain transplant???

Your posts don't lack substance. Don't worry about it!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Nygdan, thank you. I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the best brain surgeon is yourself.
Just need a buzz saw and a dogs brain, then see what happens.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think my posts also lack substance so I just write aload of nonsensicle crap and hope that someone might be amussed even if it is only myself.
When I type this nonsensicle crap I dont really think what I'm typing I just press buttons in a certain order in order to make up words of the english language that link in with each other and make sentences. sentences are made up of words,words are made up of letters and you can send letters in the post, postmen wear blue most of the time and blue is the colour of the sky.
But what I most enjoy about this post is that it was made by people, people who will not want to read this but might just read this in order to find some point or meaning but what is the meaning of life I ask you? Is it so we can all just type aload of crap on the net or so we can just type aload of crap on the net or just for laughs. Laughing is fun hahahahahahahahahahahahah.Also laughing at people can be cruel hahahahahahahahaha. people can be cruel. cruel people should be laughed at hahahahahahahaha.:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

[edit on 20-9-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
you are speaking to one who in school got B's in English and A's in math.

If you got As in Math class then you have no need for a brain transplant. Relax. Take the advice given for writing. Enjoy yourself in BTS for a while before going to ATS. And then give yourself a long while before going to PTS. It's unholy heck in there!

new topics

top topics

join