It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaviotas: A village to reinvent the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
YO,

nice thread on Gaviotas !! I have a close friend whos brother left for a place in Spain thats kinda similiar dont know the the name , but i'm gonna ask my friend whats it called. I remember it was a project from around here ( Belgium ) who left.

and on the idea of trying to make living on that soil they arrived in .

if u leave like that : they were talking there lived all kinda ppl up there, if u get different ppl with different professions al living and working 2gether in a closed community u are sure u gonna get some nice ideas done. I think we should try and help them somewhat !
Maybe we can set up some project for them !

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I just wanna add my my appreciation for this thread as this story is absolutley friggin' awesome. Way to go the scientists. The only word that describes what their doing is 'noble'.

A great thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

nice thread on Gaviotas !! I have a close friend whos brother left for a place in Spain thats kinda similar dont know the the name , but i'm gonna ask my friend whats it called. I remember it was a project from around here ( Belgium ) who left.

Are you based in the UK? If so, there is a place like this much closer to home. It's in Souther Ireland. It's a township called Kinsale. You should see my post about it earlier in the thread. They've unanimously adopted a long term plan that lays out, step by step, year by year, a way to get the town completely carbon neutral by 2021.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Current Flora Ontario – FOIBIS includes about 4,780 species, including vascular plants, bryophytes and lichens, that grow in the province of Ontario. It includes native species as well as some ornamentals, weeds, invasive alien plants, arctic disjuncts and agricultural plants. Information about phytogeography, rarity, a vegetation alpha code system, and botanical nomenclature is presented. For each species the following information is provided: family, genus, and species names; scientific synonyms; up to 2 common names; a French name if available; vegetation code; Bayer code; rarity status; numeric life form code; and a life cycle code; available web-pictures link and related information.

www.uoguelph.ca...

www.uoguelph.ca...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Why don't the other governments learn from these people. There is so much barren wasteland that could be rennovated like these people have done. Also, why don't the governments learn from these people how to utilise the natural energy of the planet rather than destroying it's precious resources.

If my health was up to it and I had the means I would live there quite happily.What a truly wonderful place. A piece of Heaven on Earth. I would love to see more photos of the place.

They are a credit to the human race.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

www.urbanearthcoop.org...
Urban Earth Co-op is a member-owned flower and garden store with a one-time $150 buy-in fee. Currently they have 84 member-owners, and a goal of 400 by next year. At the local blog, Andi tells us:

In addition to carrying on the existing cut flower business, the 4,000 square foot store (with greenhouse) plans to offer native, standard, and heirloom vegetable, herb, flower, and prairie seeds and seedlings, hydroponically grown vegetables and herbs, a small farmers’ market, a Community Supported Agriculture drop-off point, a garden tool rental service, and community programming on everyday issues related to urban green living. In the fall and winter months, the store will also offer pumpkins, spruce tips, and Christmas trees.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Here are a couple of videos about Earthships which fit in nicely with this thread...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A thread after my own heart

Leonardo Di Caprio's production company Appian Way is making a 'green reality' tv show about transforming a decayed town into an eco-flagship. I believe it's going to be called E-Topia. Google it for more info I couldn't find an official website.

Personally, I like the idea of blending eco-towns and micronations. Some day I hope to proceed in that direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join